[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Nabokov's "The Original of Laura"

Reply to topic
Rycona
Title: The Maestro
PostPosted: May 04 2009 10:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.wired.com/culture/culturereviews/magazine/17-05/pl_print

Wired wrote:
He may be dead, but this fall Vladimir Nabokov is back with a new novel, The Original of Laura—or at least the beta version. Before he died in 1977, the author of Lolita and Pale Fire asked his family to burn this last, unfinished work. But after three decades of soul-searching, his son, Dmitri, has decided to finally publish the unusual manuscript, written on 138 numbered index cards now yellowed with age. Nabokov routinely composed on such cards, shuffling and reshuffling the deck as he wrote. It was like constructing a puzzle.

Has anyone ever read any of his writings? I haven't, but they sound quite fascinating.

RIP Hacker.

SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: May 04 2009 05:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well yeah, I've read Lolita. It's the only thing of his I've read though; I'm not a big fan of the way he writes, and the story is...well, frankly its a bit boring in execution to really be disturbing, but I did find it, I guess the word would be "uncomfortable." It may be worth checking out these new writings just for curiosity's sake though. He is a fairly well known writer.

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Reply to topic

Jump to: