Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Sep 09 2006 07:31 am Reply with quote Back to top

Great show.

My only complaints would be:

1. The drum solo at the beginning of "Time" was kinda sloppy

2. Rog did "South Hampton Dock", which is only a worthwhile song because on the album because it leads into "The Final Cut", but then he didn't do "The Final Cut".

3. Some light anti-Reagan imagery which seemed particularly petty in light of death two years ago and preceeding struggle with Alzheimer's.

4. Almost the entire set was Pink Floyd stuff, I would have liked to have heard a little more of his solo stuff, particularly "Amused To Death" or "The Tide Is Turning".
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
niku
PostPosted: Oct 06 2006 02:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

went last night at the hollywood bowl...holy shit it was fucking amazing!!!!!!!!!! if anybody has a chance to go i highly advise it. all the musicians and singers were incredible. at the end of the 1st set ( shine on you crazy diamond, wish you were here, and other greats, and a new roger waters song that kicked ass) they released a big ass helium filled pig that had "impeach bush now!" written on its ass, fucking great. after the 1st set it was already a fucking awesome concert and then they came back out and played dark side of the moon straight thru, they even had wizard of oz playing on the background screen (alright so there was no wizard of oz). then for the encore they played the wall and everybody in the place was up and singing along, stupendous!

i too am more than meets the eye

Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Oct 08 2006 01:15 am Reply with quote Back to top

There was already a thread about this when Syd and I went. The new song was called "Leaving Beirut", and was not only really good, but the video he showed for it was a comic book so major points for that.

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

Reply to topic

Jump to: