[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Gallagher

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Aug 23 2006 10:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I was at Best Buy the other day and they had a Gallagher DVD box set for $29.99. It was 14 of his 16 stand-up specials, 764 minutes runtime. Having previously seen some of these specials on Comedy Central like 8 years ago, I bought it. And you know, he was pretty damn funny. It sucks that people only really remember him for smashing watermelons, since the Sledge-O-Matic is only like two minutes of his act.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: Aug 24 2006 01:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

I was really fucked up on mushrooms once and I watched his act, it was enjoyable. He had some anti-pollution sentiment, and threw a bunch of condiments on a big ass map of America.
TheRoboSleuth
Title: Sleuth Mark IV
PostPosted: Aug 24 2006 06:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

Gallagher is the prop comedian that carrot top wishes he could be. I'm quite certain that when carrot top spends his last bit of collect call commercial cash on a cheap hooker, he demands that she scream smash my watermelons. She refuses.

Well, I got to make fun of carrot top, Im going to bed.

Cattivo
PostPosted: Aug 24 2006 10:00 am Reply with quote Back to top

I loved Gallagher as a kid. He had some good bits, especially the talking, suffering food one. I got sick of him after a while though, but there's still a certain nostalgia factor to him for me.
Reply to topic

Jump to: