SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Damn You Creative Zen Vision M!

Reply to topic
IceWarm
PostPosted: Feb 28 2009 09:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've had my Creative Zen Vision M for almost three years. Last summer it started being a total bitch of an MP3 player. First I can't add anything new to it since Windows keeps seeing it as an MTP device and I've installed all the stuff needed to use the Vision Explorer.

Secondly sometimes the thing will just start erasing tracks. It will give a "playback" error, rebuild the library and then a bunch of stuff will be missing. The system information on the player tells me how many tracks/albums there are but it still says I've used up like 20 gigs of space.

I can still charge the thing through USB and listen to whatever is on the player. Does anybody know a way to fix this? Or am I correct when I say the thing is probably fucked?

"Anybody who ever built an empire, or changed the world, sat where you are now. And it’s because they sat there that they were able to do it."

"Fighting in a basement offers a lot of difficulties, number one being, you're fighting in a basement."

"You're Not So Tough Without Your Veggie!"

Hacker
Banned
PostPosted: Feb 28 2009 10:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Even though i am going against you i will help you

for my zen i had to hold the power button play button and the reset button at the same time then let go of the reset 5 seconds later and then reset it

IceWarm
PostPosted: Feb 28 2009 10:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks hacker, I'll give it a shot.

"Anybody who ever built an empire, or changed the world, sat where you are now. And it’s because they sat there that they were able to do it."

"Fighting in a basement offers a lot of difficulties, number one being, you're fighting in a basement."

Hacker
Banned
PostPosted: Feb 28 2009 11:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

oh and YOU ARE GOING DOWN

IceWarm
PostPosted: Feb 28 2009 11:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I ended up having to get into the disk tools and check the disk. It then rebuilt the database and everything seems to be there.

Reply to topic

Jump to: