"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Yngwie Malmsteen

Reply to topic
Neutral-Bob
Title: Zarkin Frood
PostPosted: Aug 19 2006 09:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone heard his version of a Flamenco? He has it on an album called Anthology where he plays a flamenco titled: "Flamenco Diablo". He strikes the chords with such gusto you'd think he was some sort of supernatural guitarist.

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S Lewis

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Aug 27 2006 02:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

after seeing a video of him play, I'm convinced that he is a robot.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Aug 27 2006 06:17 am Reply with quote Back to top

Malmsteen is one of the most technically amazing guitarists ever. Some of his stuff is kind of boring though, because technical skill doesn't always translate well into something that's musically interesting.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Neutral-Bob
Title: Zarkin Frood
PostPosted: Aug 27 2006 05:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, that's true. But he does have a few that are really, really catchy. I have to agree that a few of his tunes do get kind of repetitive.

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S Lewis

Ross Rifle
Title: Rock N Roll God
PostPosted: Oct 29 2006 05:31 am Reply with quote Back to top

I personally don't care for Malmsteen. While I can't deny his talent, he plays exactly as I'd expect a robot to: Flawlessly, but with no feeling
If I were to compare say, David Gilmour and Yngwie in a solo contest, say Comfortably Numb, and whatever Malmsteen's finest work may be, I would award the prize to Gilmour, because, while he plays fewer notes, each of those few has such raw power and emotion in it. I just don't feel it with Malmsteen
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Oct 30 2006 07:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

he's got this one song that's all like dundundudndundDUND UN DUN DUN DUN DUN dundudnduddudndun DUND UDNDUDN! PROPHEEEEET OF DOOOOMM!! THE EEENNND ISSS COMINNNNNG SOOON!!

Reply to topic

Jump to: