[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Early 80s Alice Cooper

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Apr 05 2009 07:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

From 1980-1983, Alice Cooper released four albums: Flush The Fashion, Special Forces, The Zipper Catches Skin, and DaDa. This is the most maligned period in his discography as he sharply departed from theatrical rock and metal to experiment with new wave and pop. His alcohol abuse was also at his worst during this period, and Alice claims that he doesn't even remember recording The Zipper Catches Skin and DaDa. The thing is, these albums, especially Flush The Fashion and DaDa are pretty cool.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Apr 05 2009 08:32 am Reply with quote Back to top

The Zipper Catches Skin? Laughing

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Apr 05 2009 12:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I actually own those records except for Special Forces, I have that on CD. I found them to be pretty good listening actually. A lot of my friends don't dig that period in his recorded history but those are all pretty good albums in my opinion. DaDa is probably my favorite.

Ross Rifle
Title: Rock N Roll God
PostPosted: Apr 05 2009 03:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I couldn't stand Special Forces, Zipper Catches Skin was decent, but DaDa was awesome and Flush The Fashion is up there in my top 3 favorite Cooper albums.

Does anybody here have a Ross Rifle?
www.thetwowordsmusic.com
www.myspace.com/rossrifle

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
MOGHARR
Title: The Original CandyWafer
PostPosted: Apr 07 2009 09:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I actually have a few of these on vinyl. I remember when I first started liking Alice Cooper, going to record stores and stuff and being like "Hey, Alice Cooper for $5, AWWWRIGHT!" They're pretty good too. Flush the Fashion is probably my favorite, I like that Clones song.

"Well I don`t judge most things by graphics, reality has amazing graphics, and I don`t like it, that`s why I play video games." Laminated Sky on Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
Reply to topic

Jump to: