"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Detroit 0-16 :-)

Reply to topic
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Dec 24 2008 01:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

cattivo and scamrock provide good points in terms of the raiders.

al davis, although he will go down in history as one of the 'legendary' owners, is still an SOB.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

scamrock
Title: Space Bastard
PostPosted: Dec 24 2008 06:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

username wrote:

al davis, although he will go down in history as one of the 'legendary' owners, is still an SOB.

Oakland is really historically a great team since the merger. In the 70's, they never had a losing season. They also won a Super Bowl and they only missed the playoffs 3 times that whole decade. Then they won 2 superbowls in the early 80's.

As owner/general manager, and as big of a part of the team he insists on being, you know he had a lot to do with it. But at the same time, something happened to make me start questioning him. The Raiders were garbage in the last half of the 80's, awesome in the first half of the 90's, garbage in the last half of the 90's, then just amazing in the first 3 seasons of this decade including another trip to the Super Bowl. But lets face it, that team was stacked. Then since then, they have just been awful.

I just don't know what to think of them as an organization. Al Davis has always been an asshole. I dunno. I like when they are good though because it makes for a good rivalry with my team.

username
PostPosted: Dec 26 2008 10:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

scamrock wrote:
username wrote:

Oakland is really historically a great team since the merger. In the 70's, they never had a losing season. They also won a Super Bowl and they only missed the playoffs 3 times that whole decade. Then they won 2 superbowls in the early 80's.

As owner/general manager, and as big of a part of the team he insists on being, you know he had a lot to do with it. But at the same time, something happened to make me start questioning him. The Raiders were garbage in the last half of the 80's, awesome in the first half of the 90's, garbage in the last half of the 90's, then just amazing in the first 3 seasons of this decade including another trip to the Super Bowl. But lets face it, that team was stacked. Then since then, they have just been awful.

I just don't know what to think of them as an organization. Al Davis has always been an asshole. I dunno. I like when they are good though because it makes for a good rivalry with my team.

i agree

lets see what happens next year w/the raiders

Klimbatize wrote:

Douche McCallister
Title: DOO-SHAY
PostPosted: Dec 27 2008 02:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Tomorrow is the big day...history in the making!!!!

GPFontaine
PostPosted: Dec 27 2008 05:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Douche McCallister wrote:
Tomorrow is the big day...history in the making!!!!

The end of the first SNES challenge?

Adrenaline
Title: Local Canadian!
PostPosted: Dec 28 2008 05:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Its official 0-16 Green Bay defeated Detroit 31-21

Douche McCallister
PostPosted: Dec 28 2008 05:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

They had me nervous when it was 14-14. I still can't believe Calvin Johnson did not make the Pro Bowl. That guy is just hands down fanfuckingtastic.

username
PostPosted: Dec 28 2008 08:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

congratulations detroit for making history

Klimbatize wrote:

Shut up, Dorn
Title: White Chocolate
PostPosted: Dec 29 2008 03:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

I am a Lions fan, even though I have missed the boat on saying it earlier. The Lions are the only team I am going to flat out say that I am going to be a bandwagon fan of, because in order for a team to be worth rooting for come hell or high water, they have had to have had done something that has warranted the rooting sometime in the relevant past or have had to had something be really spectacular in the past that strikes your memory. And the Detroit Lions have had nothing besides Barry Sanders. Even during his whole career and that time period, they only made the playoffs a few times, maybe only once. I hope that makes sense.

There are a billion things that could be said, but it all boils down to the owner of the team, the 5604 year old William Clay Ford. I have never

You can fire Millen (a good fire, obviously), Marinar.. I mean Marinelli and his son in law Joe Barry, you could fire everyone but the peanut vendor. It wont do a damn thing.

The only way to combat this history making moment is to try to never get any money into his pocket. Don't watch the games (I listen to them on the radio, the announcers Dan Miller and Jim Brandstetter are some of the best in the NFL), certainly dont buy a ticket, dont buy any paraphernalia (its not memorabilia because nothing the Detroit Lions do will deserve to be remembered, except for the shame and embarrassment that should be thrown at the men on the field and WCF himself).

The reason that Calvin Johnson isnt in the Pro Bowl is that the paying public who votes these players in doesnt have enough time to look at anything but the 25 hour a day Dallas Cowboys coverage because T.O. farted and it stank, therefore not giving that 8 year old NFL kid fan who has an attention span thats very short enough time to vote for Calvin Johnson.

The only way to get the Lions back on the right track is to support anything that has any connection with them as little as possible. Even with their sponsors, dont buy their products. Really, the big one is Ford, they are sponsored by Pepsi and Germack's nuts (in ford field that is). Just do some research and contact those companies' advertising departments and tell them to break their deal with the lions.

I have rarely ever said that I have genuinely hated one person, but I truly despise William Clay Ford, Sr.

But, really I dont have to defend my opinion, because he does it for me.

Douche McCallister
PostPosted: Dec 29 2008 11:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Shut up, Dorn wrote:
[rant] T.O. farted and it stank [/rant]

Word! Not to mention Marinellis son-in-law's father. I'm glad they finished how they did.
I'm still excited for next year, it's going to be like a whole new team for me to watch. It may sound stupid but I actually kind of hope they draft another big-time reciever. They need someone to open up the secondary for Calvin to go nuts. Screw an offensive line, Smith is a decent RB and defense is obviously the primary concern. Giving up the most points in the league should say something. We can score in the 20's almost every game. We just need a defense that can hold teams to less than 30 and every game will be within reach.

Ky-Guy
Title: Obscure Nintendo Gamer
PostPosted: Jan 05 2009 09:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Eh, I don't give much of a crap. since I'm not into football at all. The only sports I watch, really, are hockey and golf.

But I have to admit, it's pretty funny that the Detroit Lions had a 0-16 season. They're the only team in NFL history to have that kind of streak.

Syd Lexia wrote:
iPhone games are what you play when you can't get at actual games. You know, like how sometimes alcoholics drink mouthwash.

Lexiabot9000 wrote:
Your love life will be happy and harmonious if you stick to masturbating.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: Jan 05 2009 09:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
But I have to admit, it's pretty funny that the Detroit Lions had a 0-16 season. They're the only team in NFL history to have that kind of streak.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers actually had a worse run. Their first year they were 0-14, then spent their 2nd year going 0-12 before finally winning a game (the coach who lost to them was fired).
Reply to topic

Jump to: