"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The Keep

Reply to topic
MOGHARR
Title: The Original CandyWafer
PostPosted: Jan 29 2008 08:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone ever read this thing? It's by F. Paul Wilson and man is it fucked up. The Wehrmacht is sent to occupy a small castle in Romania during WWII, and one of the privates unleashes an ancient evil upon them. From that day on, this thing starts killing one person every night, and nobody knows what the fuck is going on. Now I've read scary books before, and none of them have really scared me, but this shit can creep you out sometimes. Eventually the SS is called in to stop everything. The Nazi/Army rivalry is really a nice touch too. I'm not even half way through it yet, but it is so good so far.

"Well I don`t judge most things by graphics, reality has amazing graphics, and I don`t like it, that`s why I play video games." Laminated Sky on Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Aug 06 2008 06:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I love this book. It's actually part one of series of six books. I have only read the first one (the Keep). There is also a movie based on the book that Michael Mann directed, people have been waiting for years for it to come to DVD. My dad was obsessed with that movie when I was younger.
MOGHARR
Title: The Original CandyWafer
PostPosted: Aug 31 2008 12:20 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I read about the movie in a book Fangoria put out about obscure horror movies. I couldn't find the movie anywhere, but that's when I found out about the book. How are the other books in the series? My mom read one and she didn't like it.

"Well I don`t judge most things by graphics, reality has amazing graphics, and I don`t like it, that`s why I play video games." Laminated Sky on Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Aug 31 2008 12:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

I hear many bad things about that Michael Mann movie. And my Mann love comes before my horror love.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Sep 02 2008 09:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Tebor wrote:
I hear many bad things about that Michael Mann movie. And my Mann love comes before my horror love.

Yeah It I think It was Micheal Mann's first movie. It is pretty bad. It's sad because it feels like it is one of those movies that could have been really good but wasn't. Definitely prime remake material. There are a few clips of it on youtube. It had a pretty interesting soundtrack.

Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Sep 02 2008 09:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well, he had made "Thief" already. But I heard Mann's cut was like 4 hours long and cut down to 90 minutes. Knowing Mann, it really was at least four hours long.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Reply to topic

Jump to: