Reply to topic
DarkMaze
PostPosted: Jun 08 2006 04:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jun 08 2006 04:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

SWEET.

I love horror remakes, especially remakes of Japanese horror films. Sigh. Oh well, at least this time the source material is actually good.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
DarkMaze
PostPosted: Jun 08 2006 04:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I have no clue if you're being sarcastic or not.

I'm not sure I'd call BR "horror". I just don't see any way that Hollywood can legitimately make a BR movie without changing it to paintball. Candycoating is their way.

As for other remakes of Japanese horror flicks, I enjoyed the American version of The Ring as much as the original. And I preferred the American version of The Grudge to the Japanese one, but really I hated both.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jun 08 2006 05:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The first part is sarcastic. The second part was a slam at The Ring, Ringu, The Grudge, and Ju-on, all of which I loathe.

Battle Royale is horror in that it's violent and if you were to go to Best Buy or Suncoast, that's where you'd find it filed. I doubt an American remake will be as good, but we have had some rather violent movies as of late, such as Hostel.

Now if you want a Japanese movie that'd NEVER get remade properly in the US, it's Audition. Despite this, I predict some Hollywood studio will buy the rights to remake it and turn it into a romantic comedy. Ben Stiller will star.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
DarkMaze
PostPosted: Jun 08 2006 05:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Audition, eh? Yeah, after watching Visitor Q, I can't bring myself to watch anything by Takashi Miike. I just can't take it -- that guy makes Battle Royale look like frickin' Disneyland. And I loved both BR movies.
RegalSin
PostPosted: Jun 08 2006 08:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I have Battle Royale and it is not a Sci-fi in any way. The movie is just like any "Korea Film" and could be desscribed as horrific the first time around but funny and Halrious.

Especially where they two transfers look like Spike from Cowboy Bebop and MErcy from Cyborg two.

I doubt the remake is going to be good or anything beter since there is nudity with signs of sex and people getting shot while speaking threw a Micro phone.

........ I could upload the film to you guys but I need a simple video Capture program to work with my Capture Card. The film is really funny after watching it a couple of times.

It's really a great film and there is a sequel that is not really that grand by others.
Black Zarak
Title: Big Coffin Hunter
PostPosted: Jun 08 2006 08:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

RegalSin wrote:
I have Battle Royale and it is not a Sci-fi in any way. The movie is just like any "Korea Film" and could be desscribed as horrific the first time around but funny and Halrious.

Especially where they two transfers look like Spike from Cowboy Bebop and MErcy from Cyborg two.

I doubt the remake is going to be good or anything beter since there is nudity with signs of sex and people getting shot while speaking threw a Micro phone.

........ I could upload the film to you guys but I need a simple video Capture program to work with my Capture Card. The film is really funny after watching it a couple of times.

It's really a great film and there is a sequel that is not really that grand by others.

You know, it's off topic, but whenever I try to read something you wrote, I hear that "Wah-wahh-waa" noise adults make in the Peanuts cartoons...

REVIEWS, LEGOS, NONSENSE Check out Zarak's Barracks!

"Let that be a lesson to you, your family and everyone you've ever known..."

"Thanks to denial, I'm immortal!"

Gushoshin
Title: guardian of death
PostPosted: Jun 09 2006 02:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

I am a BIG BIG BIG Fan of battle royale, But i think it has the potential to be cool. it will suck suck hard if any of the following happen.

1. They make it PG-13 or worse PG! all good-quality kills should be in r rated movies. at least in 2006-2007 they should be

2. They Do not deviate from the story too much

3. they don't you use goddman annoying teen queen/young actress/sctor bitches/pansy ass for a dark and gritty story

Just the thought of lindsey lohan or jessica simpon botching up her lines (it's usualy a girl who annoys me in action flicks) makes me want to puke. I wanna see a baddass kid/adult pack that uzi!

Steve Gavazzi, Marc Green
Jon Sly! It's time to play... WHICH DOUCHEBAG SAID THIS????

"I'm curious -- which mountain climber was used in Cliff Hangers?"

Happy anniversary you fucking wankers!

Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Jun 09 2006 03:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

Gushoshin wrote:
3. they don't you use goddman annoying teen queen/young actress/sctor bitches/pansy ass for a dark and gritty story

Just the thought of lindsey lohan or jessica simpon botching up her lines (it's usualy a girl who annoys me in action flicks) makes me want to puke. I wanna see a baddass kid/adult pack that uzi!

I'm sorry, but if they did cast all pop actors, I think it would be awesome... especially when they die! Twisted Evil

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

DarkMaze
PostPosted: Jun 09 2006 09:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

Gushoshin wrote:
1. They make it PG-13 or worse PG! all good-quality kills should be in r rated movies. at least in 2006-2007 they should be

I don't think that'll be an issue. Unless they make it paintball, the subject matter alone will require an R rating. The real question is: will an American R-rated movie be able to do enough? That is to say, I wonder how they'll be able to avoid an NC-17 rating.

Incidentally, anybody read the book? It's even better than the movie.
Tebor
PostPosted: Jun 09 2006 02:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

DarkMaze wrote:
Incidentally, anybody read the book? It's even better than the movie.

Is it in prose? Cause I've only seen the manga at the book store.

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

DarkMaze
PostPosted: Jun 09 2006 03:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Gushoshin
PostPosted: Jun 10 2006 04:24 am Reply with quote Back to top

DarkMaze Wrote:
Quote:
I don't think that'll be an issue. Unless they make it paintball, the subject matter alone will require an R rating. The real question is: will an American R-rated movie be able to do enough? That is to say, I wonder how they'll be able to avoid an NC-17 rating.

Does anyone other than me and my brother remember the absolute piece-of-shit AVP? good GOD! It had a PG-13 rating didn't it? If Hollyweird can take a violent an awsome license and muck it up, there is no guarantee of it NOT happening again

The Man With The Plan Wrote
Quote:
I'm sorry, but if they did cast all pop actors, I think it would be awesome... especially when they die! Twisted Evil

That is a very good point you made. Paris Hilton buying it in House Of Wax was pretty awsome

EDITORS NOTE: the AVP arcade capcom made rocked and it is one of me and my brother's favorite games of all time.

Woo-Hoo! 50th post! I have never lasted this long on any forum! thanks Syd and Tebor...

Gushoshin
PostPosted: Jun 10 2006 06:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, this is for DarkMaze.

I think you are the one with the excellent point now. I have a farily reliable anime news deal that said it was going to be rated R.

Sorry for any hell i might have raised. Hey! i rarely get to say that and mean it with 100% all honesty!

G.

DarkMaze
PostPosted: Jun 10 2006 09:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

S'all good. It was just an educated guess -- you can tone down a violent movie with re-editing, but when the basic premise is as controversial as kids murdering their friends... Something tells me the MPAA is never going to allow that a more lenient rating than an R, even if it manages not to show any gore at all.

They also have that phrase "cumulative effect" that they like to throw around, for when they have no good reason to give a more restrictive rating but want to anyway.
RegalSin
PostPosted: Jun 11 2006 10:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well AVP was really boring and this will be too. I hope it fails like Evangelion live where all the characters are like four years younger then the original characters.
Tebor
PostPosted: Jun 12 2006 01:55 am Reply with quote Back to top

For the record, AVP was a movie about rubber monsters fighting each other.

You all got what you deserved. Just like "Underworld Evolution".

Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Jun 12 2006 02:04 am Reply with quote Back to top

RegalSin wrote:
Well AVP was really boring and this will be too. I hope it fails like Evangelion live where all the characters are like four years younger then the original characters.

I just spent the last 15 mintues searching this post for a grammatical error, and I can't find a single one! I feel a little faint; is this the first sign of the end of the world?

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Tebor
PostPosted: Jun 12 2006 02:52 am Reply with quote Back to top

Valdronius wrote:
RegalSin wrote:

I just spent the last 15 mintues searching this post for a grammatical error, and I can't find a single one! I feel a little faint; is this the first sign of the end of the world?

It should be "younger THAN the original characters". There should probably be a comma after the "well" too. Not to mention the ignorance of using "like". But, I shall agree with you that the end is nearly upon us.

Reply to topic

Jump to: