[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Fucking solicitors.

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Aug 08 2008 08:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The following is an e-mail I got today. At first, I thought they were asking me to write for them. Then as I read further, I realized they were asking me to write ABOUT them. Read it. The e-mail is a bunch of bullshit hype about how great they are, followed by a request for an unpaid endorsement. Yeah.... fuck that. If they were half as great as their hype machine claims, they wouldn't be begging me to post about them. Oh, yeah to the assholes who run that site, protip: get a real domain name. Real sites end in .com, .net, .org, .gov, or .edu. Anything that ends in .biz, .tv, or .info is probably bullshit.

Quote:
Hello,

This is Charles, the Publicity Manager for GameZombie.tv. Would you be interested in doing an article on GameZombie.tv, a Webby Award Honoree content producer? GameZombie.tv just became a YouTube partner. Even before that, we were featured on the front page of almost every major web video site, including Revver, DailyMotion, and Bebo. And we've done all this inside of 2 years of our launch. We are a student driven company with a strong partnership with Indiana University.

GameZombie.tv takes a gritty and in your face approach to reviewing video games, and delivering unique and exclusive interviews with industry leaders. Currently we enjoy competitive visibility on most of the top video-sharing sites, giving us a monthly viewership over 100k. We also have our own website that hosts our nearly 200 unique videos as well at GameZombie.tv. We produce two videos a week, all related to video games. We interview the biggest names in the business, we review the classics and the new releases, and we are always coming up with creative new show ideas.GameZombie.tv is a company made up of passionate gamers that have taken their personal enjoyment for video games and turned it into a full time job. We always love talking about the latest industry buzz, and the whispered rumors of new games. Our production values are unparalleled in the web video community, as you will see when taking a look at our website. We now have well over a million views spread out across the internet, which will most likely double in the months to come once YouTube begins to feature our content. Our popularity continues to grow every month!

GameZombie.tv has just returned from E3 with a huge wealth of interviews that we are currently editing and publishing as quickly as we can. You can also see some of our very latest work by following any of the following links:

Our E3 Interview with Fallout 3's Todd Howard
Our fun and funny Assassin's Creed dance mashup
Our Prototype interview with Eric Holmes
GameZombie.tv's 2nd gaming round table

Below is a sampling of our monthly newsletter discussing recent interviews from GDC 08, and local press coverage that GameZombie.tv has received as well. There is also a link to a Google page describing our programing overview and creative statement.

Puzzle Quest Galactrix:
GameZombie.tv presents an exclusive TJ Babcock video interview with Tim Ramage, Senior Producer for D3 Publisher covering their latest release in the Puzzle Quest series; Puzzle Quest Galactrix. Teaser gameplay footage and an insider look at new game features makes this video a must see for all gamers that loved the previous puzzle quest and are craving more.

flOw Development Team:
GameZombie.tv has a video interview with the flOw development team: Austin, Kellee, and Jenova. Winners of the 2007 Game Developers Choice Award For Best Downloadable Game! Congratulations to Kellee Santiago, Jenova Chen, Martin Middleton, Hao Cui, John Edwards, and Nick Clark for their hard work and accomplishments.

Daniel Kayser:
TJ Babcock delivers another exclusive interview, this time with GT host Daniel Kayser. Learn Mr. Kayser's secret origin and hear his advice for up and coming video game internet tv hosts like us! We love every opportunity we get to speak with Daniel, and as you can see here he's a fantastically nice guy!

Stan Miskiewicz / Chronicles of Cohen:
Jessica Frasher interviews Stan Miskiewicz, CEO of Blackpoint Studios and the creators of Chronicles of Cohen. Listen in on story concept and what makes the best part of this rock-em sock-em zombie huntin' game. Get the facts straight from the studio!

Chris Ansell:
Jessica Frasher lands an interview with Chris Ansell Biz Dev for Radical Entertainment and key player on Prototype. Watch rare footage and get the full scoop on this killer game coming out later in the year.

Herald Times Front Page Article: http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2008/05/03/news.qp-5411427.sto
IU News Room: http://newsinfo.iu.edu/news/page/normal/8045.html
WTIU Weekly Special: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?i=25619465&id=163350156
GameZombie Web Show Overview: http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dgz6532_100fkd3k9gg

I believe we would make great subject matter for an article in your blog, so tell us what you think.

...and remember, just like our catchphrase says: "We bring it to you first 'cause everyone else is dead!"

Thank you again for your time. We look forward to hearing back from you!

--
Charles Pearce
Publicity Manager; GameZombie.tv
gamezombie.pr@gmail.com
812-219-8679
www.GameZombie.tv

GameZombie Entertainment LLC
703 W. Gourley Pike, Suite 58
Bloomington, IN 47404
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Aug 08 2008 08:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So did you respond?

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Aug 08 2008 08:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Wow I don't think they're gonna like the review you just posted here Laughing

DarknessDeku
Title: Deku Scrub
PostPosted: Aug 08 2008 09:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm surprised more sites don't end in .info because of how cheap .info domains are. Besides, you should write for them. The least that will happen is more people coming to your site.

i'll_bite_your_ear wrote:
DarknessDeku is already assimilated by the bots.
He knows your algorithm.

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Aug 08 2008 09:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
protip: get a real domain name. Real sites end in .com, .net, .org, .gov, or .edu. Anything that ends in .biz, .tv, or .info is probably bullshit.

Home of the Underdogs is a ".info" site, and it is one the greatest creations in all of mankind.

If course the had to change it to ".info" because the owner let the ".com" name expire and it got taking over by a squatter.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Aug 08 2008 10:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I concede that Home of the Underdogs is indeed awesome.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Aug 08 2008 11:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That thing is awful. Also, they refer to their slogan as a catchphrase. Bart Simpson doesn't walk around saying "Like I always say, eat my shorts!" I love how they're bragging about all their interviews with people and companies I've never fucking heard of, as well as how they're featured on the main page of websites I've never heard of. Seriously, you interviewed the creator of The Chronicles of Cohen? Did he tell you about his side project "Seriously, Jews can be tough"?

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

Tyop
Title: Grammar Nazi
PostPosted: Aug 09 2008 04:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

They really need the publicity. Look at their forum. It's completely dead.

Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: Aug 09 2008 04:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

Their website has an opening Flash thing that can't be Stopped from loading or playing. They need to hire a designer who knows what a non-irritating website looks like and navigates like.

I know I'd respond back, but not sure with what. It'd be fun to type though.

I also noticed this Charlie guy doesn't even have an email ON-SITE, he has an account at gmail, a free email server. They seem to be new to this whole website thing.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

JRA
PostPosted: Aug 09 2008 01:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
The following is an e-mail I got today. At first, I thought they were asking me to write for them. Then as I read further, I realized they were asking me to write ABOUT them. Read it. The e-mail is a bunch of bullshit hype about how great they are, followed by a request for an unpaid endorsement. Yeah.... fuck that. If they were half as great as their hype machine claims, they wouldn't be begging me to post about them. Oh, yeah to the assholes who run that site, protip: get a real domain name. Real sites end in .com, .net, .org, .gov, or .edu. Anything that ends in .biz, .tv, or .info is probably bullshit.

Quote:

Bloomington, IN 47404

ARE YOU SHITTING ME? THAT'S WHERE I LIVE!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I should poop in a paper bag and leave it on their door step.

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

Nekkoru
Title: Polish Pickle Wench
PostPosted: Aug 09 2008 01:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Do it and post pictures.

Also, film their reaction.

You should totally check out the IRC channel.
While you're at it, go check out my band, Her Majesty's Heroines.
Cameron wrote:
I now bestow upon you the title of Most Awesome Person. Very Happy

Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Aug 09 2008 02:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yes you absolutely must do that. Exclamation

Andrew Man
Title: Is a Funklord
PostPosted: Aug 12 2008 02:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

Wow what a small world, Cut out the middleman and just torch the whole facility.

My Muzaks! CHECK IT OUT!!!
http://www.facebook.com/hellodharmaband

3DS is very good, and Wii U!

Reply to topic

Jump to: