[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The so offical remake/sequel thread!!!

Reply to topic
ReeperTheSeeker
PostPosted: Jul 11 2009 10:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

username wrote:
Quote:
Robert Rodriguez has a 'crazy, intense' script for his 'Predator' revival

Fifteen years ago, a young-gun filmmaker named Robert Rodriguez was hired to write a new "Predator" film and now, looking back, he can chuckle at the final product he delivered. "It was this crazy, intense off-world story and there was just no way it could be made. The technology wasn't there yet."

That was then, but this is now. "Predators," as it will be called, is happening and Rodriguez is producing. I sat down with him for a pleasant lunch at the Four Seasons Hotel and, as our sons sat together munching French fries and drawing pictures, he explained his plans for the summer 2010 sci-fi release.

"It's the story from that script I had written way back then," Rodriguez said. "They had hired me to write a ‘Predator’ story while I was waiting to do ‘Desperado’ back in 1994. It was crazy, this thing I came up with. So then fast-forward to now and, like, six months ago, they found the script and called me up. ‘Hey, we want to redo this franchise and we found your old script. This is where we should have gone with the series! We want to move forward.' And that's what we're doing.”

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomplex/2009/07/robert-rodriguez-has-a-crazy-intense-script-for-his-predator-revival.html

another reboot. this time, Predator. i like rodriguez, but not sure how i feel about this.

If a remake of predator happens, then at least 2 of the muscle bound 'actors' are destine to become Governors of some backward state. It's what happen to the first and it shall happen to the remakes.

ImageImageImage
Links, pics, vids . . . I shall post these when given the chance
Transformers 2 Review: ". . . Did i mention SHIT BLOWS UP?!!!"

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Aug 06 2009 01:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Larry Fessenden to helm The Orphanage remake

Director Larry Fessenden (Habit, The Last Winter) will handle directing duties for an American remake of the Juan Antonio Bayona Spanish Horror film, The Orphanage.

Fessenden is certainly no stranger to the independent horror scene, especially when it comes to independent film production in New York. He and the original film's producer, Guillermo Del Toro, collaborated on the remake's script and Del Toro will return for a second time to be a producer.

But essentially, if you're a horror fan desperate for an original voice, this is the best news you could hear.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/film/news/e3if7a4852b0435babdb7b3ce2f7bf972ed

i dont think this is necessary. the movie released just about 2 years ago so its still pretty new. and i dont think we would gain much from 'americanizing' this movie

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Deadmau_5pra
Title: Amatuer film/podcaster
PostPosted: Aug 06 2009 02:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

Undercover Brother 2.

It was a funny movie! WHY DO WE NEED A GODDAMN SEQUEL?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MOGHARR
Title: The Original CandyWafer
PostPosted: Aug 06 2009 06:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

username wrote:
i dont think this is necessary. the movie released just about 2 years ago so its still pretty new. and i dont think we would gain much from 'americanizing' this movie

I agree...yeah I can't think of anything else to say on that one.

"Well I don`t judge most things by graphics, reality has amazing graphics, and I don`t like it, that`s why I play video games." Laminated Sky on Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
username
PostPosted: Aug 07 2009 10:57 am Reply with quote Back to top

UBER GHEY
Quote:
Pop Star Rain Up for 'Enter the Dragon' Remake?

Every once in a while you come across a piece of movie news that leaves you feeling a little conflicted. On one hand, the mind reels at the thought of somebody trying to replace Bruce Lee in a remake of the legendary martial arts flick, Enter the Dragon. But on the other hand, I'm not about to turn down the chance to stare at Korean pop star Rain for two hours -- I mean, have you seen the abs on this guy? So lustful thoughts aside, it's about time I got to the news, isn't it? Latino Review is reporting that their sources have confirmed that the singer/actor is the front-runner to star in an update of the 1973 classic.

The original film was the first kung fu flick to be produced by a major studio, and starred Lee as a Shaolin martial artist sent undercover to a hidden island in a fight to the death. The film is infamous for being Lee's last before his untimely death at the age of 33, but was also a passion project for Lee who wanted to celebrate Chinese culture and make a kick-ass action flick. I think we can all agree that he succeeded.

http://www.cinematical.com/2009/08/06/pop-star-rain-up-for-enter-the-dragon-remake/

Klimbatize wrote:

Char Aznable
Title: Char Classic™
PostPosted: Aug 08 2009 02:19 am Reply with quote Back to top

username wrote:
UBER GHEY
Quote:
Pop Star Rain Up for 'Enter the Dragon' Remake?

Every once in a while you come across a piece of movie news that leaves you feeling a little conflicted. On one hand, the mind reels at the thought of somebody trying to replace Bruce Lee in a remake of the legendary martial arts flick, Enter the Dragon. But on the other hand, I'm not about to turn down the chance to stare at Korean pop star Rain for two hours -- I mean, have you seen the abs on this guy? So lustful thoughts aside, it's about time I got to the news, isn't it? Latino Review is reporting that their sources have confirmed that the singer/actor is the front-runner to star in an update of the 1973 classic.

The original film was the first kung fu flick to be produced by a major studio, and starred Lee as a Shaolin martial artist sent undercover to a hidden island in a fight to the death. The film is infamous for being Lee's last before his untimely death at the age of 33, but was also a passion project for Lee who wanted to celebrate Chinese culture and make a kick-ass action flick. I think we can all agree that he succeeded.

http://www.cinematical.com/2009/08/06/pop-star-rain-up-for-enter-the-dragon-remake/

FUCK YOU, RAIN! FUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOU!!!

username
PostPosted: Aug 20 2009 12:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

why why why? at least let Swayze leave this earth w/some peace and dignity:
Quote:
Dirty Dancing to take the floor again

Following hot on the heels of Footloose, the remake of which hits cinema screens next year, it was today announced that Dirty Dancing is to get the makeover treatment.

The original film, in which a young debutante rebels against her father by starting a relationship with a dance instructor during a summer holiday, made a star of Patrick Swayze as the loose-limbed Johnny Castle. Jennifer Grey never quite escaped the shadow of Frances "Baby" Houseman, however.

Dirty Dancing scored massive box-office success in 1987, making more than $200m (£120m) worldwide from a $5m budget. It also became the first film ever to sell a million copies on video and won several Golden Globes. A stage version is still playing packing them in in the West End, so the remake could prove a potential cash cow for Lionsgate, which is developing it from a script by Julia Dahl, writer of the 2003 Brittany Murphy comedy Uptown Girls.

No word yet as to the cast, or whether High School Musical director Kenny Ortega, who found early success as a choreographer on the original movie, and has been roped in for Footloose, might be persuaded to return. It was he who oversaw Dirty Dancing's famous finale, described by the Observer's Polly Vernon as "the most goosebump-inducing dance scene in movie history". The studio will also do well to note the travails of ill-fated 2004 sequel Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights, which failed to repeat the success of its predecessor.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2009/aug/19/dirty-dancing-remake-lionsgate

Klimbatize wrote:

ReeperTheSeeker
PostPosted: Aug 20 2009 10:44 am Reply with quote Back to top

username wrote:
why why why? at least let Swayze leave this earth w/some peace and dignity:
Quote:
Dirty Dancing to take the floor again

Following hot on the heels of Footloose, the remake of which hits cinema screens next year, it was today announced that Dirty Dancing is to get the makeover treatment.

The original film, in which a young debutante rebels against her father by starting a relationship with a dance instructor during a summer holiday, made a star of Patrick Swayze as the loose-limbed Johnny Castle. Jennifer Grey never quite escaped the shadow of Frances "Baby" Houseman, however.

Dirty Dancing scored massive box-office success in 1987, making more than $200m (£120m) worldwide from a $5m budget. It also became the first film ever to sell a million copies on video and won several Golden Globes. A stage version is still playing packing them in in the West End, so the remake could prove a potential cash cow for Lionsgate, which is developing it from a script by Julia Dahl, writer of the 2003 Brittany Murphy comedy Uptown Girls.

No word yet as to the cast, or whether High School Musical director Kenny Ortega, who found early success as a choreographer on the original movie, and has been roped in for Footloose, might be persuaded to return. It was he who oversaw Dirty Dancing's famous finale, described by the Observer's Polly Vernon as "the most goosebump-inducing dance scene in movie history". The studio will also do well to note the travails of ill-fated 2004 sequel Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights, which failed to repeat the success of its predecessor.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2009/aug/19/dirty-dancing-remake-lionsgate

And the sad part is, it will most likely be all hiphop or crumpin.

ImageImageImage

username
PostPosted: Aug 20 2009 07:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

ARGH
Quote:
Robert Zemeckis is brokering a deal with Disney and Apple Corp. to remake Yellow Submarine with 3D motion capture technology.

Disney is currently working on “a complicated rights deal” that would clear 16 Beatles tunes for use in the film. The Back to the Future director actually started out with a homage to the Beatles "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" so it will be very interesting to see what he produces at this stage of his career.

2009 certainly seems to be the year of the re-make.

http://theplaylist.blogspot.com/2009/08/robert-zemeckis-to-remake-beatles.html

Klimbatize wrote:

ReeperTheSeeker
PostPosted: Aug 20 2009 07:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

username wrote:
ARGH
Quote:
Robert Zemeckis is brokering a deal with Disney and Apple Corp. to remake Yellow Submarine with 3D motion capture technology.

Disney is currently working on “a complicated rights deal” that would clear 16 Beatles tunes for use in the film. The Back to the Future director actually started out with a homage to the Beatles "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" so it will be very interesting to see what he produces at this stage of his career.

2009 certainly seems to be the year of the re-make.

http://theplaylist.blogspot.com/2009/08/robert-zemeckis-to-remake-beatles.html

Seriously? What, are the drug in hollywood not working good enough so they have to 'borrow' someone else's drug fantasy. And Yellow Sub for crying out loud. Oh Rob, and I thought you were the last to hold on to your dignity . . . then again for all i know you already sold it for something retarded.

ImageImageImage

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Aug 20 2009 09:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Bloodydisgusting.com wrote:
"We've been scrambling all week to confirm the following report, especially since it came from a very reliable source and is insanely logical considering the popularity of vampires these days. I guess something good has come from the success of Twilight as Bloody Disgusting has learned exclusively that Universal Pictures is looking to restart Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles, which tells the tale of the vampire Lestat Du Lioncort (through his narration), a nobleman-turned-vampire in the late 18th century. No word yet on how they plan on unrolling this franchise, but we did find out who they are talking with to replace Tom Cruise and Stuart Townsend. Read on for the skinny.

We have confirmed this afternoon that ROBERT DOWNEY JR. is in close talks to play the vampire Lestat in Universal Pictures' The Vampire Chronicles, a newly rebooted franchise based on Anne Rice's popular novels.

Lestat appears as a major character in both motion picture adaptations of The Vampire Chronicles novels. In Neil Jordan's 1994 film adaptation of Interview with the Vampire, he is portrayed by Tom Cruise. In the 2002 film adaptation of Queen of the Damned, he is played by Stuart Townsend.

The Vampire Chronicles is a series of novels by Anne Rice that revolves around the fictional character Lestat de Lioncourt, a French nobleman made into a vampire in the 18th century."

Also:

Miley Cyrus may be the main lead in the American version of Let the Right One In, a Swedish vampire movie that was done VERY well.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

ReeperTheSeeker
PostPosted: Aug 20 2009 10:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:
Bloodydisgusting.com wrote:
"We've been scrambling all week to confirm the following report, especially since it came from a very reliable source and is insanely logical considering the popularity of vampires these days. I guess something good has come from the success of Twilight as Bloody Disgusting has learned exclusively that Universal Pictures is looking to restart Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles, which tells the tale of the vampire Lestat Du Lioncort (through his narration), a nobleman-turned-vampire in the late 18th century. No word yet on how they plan on unrolling this franchise, but we did find out who they are talking with to replace Tom Cruise and Stuart Townsend. Read on for the skinny.

We have confirmed this afternoon that ROBERT DOWNEY JR. is in close talks to play the vampire Lestat in Universal Pictures' The Vampire Chronicles, a newly rebooted franchise based on Anne Rice's popular novels.

Lestat appears as a major character in both motion picture adaptations of The Vampire Chronicles novels. In Neil Jordan's 1994 film adaptation of Interview with the Vampire, he is portrayed by Tom Cruise. In the 2002 film adaptation of Queen of the Damned, he is played by Stuart Townsend.

The Vampire Chronicles is a series of novels by Anne Rice that revolves around the fictional character Lestat de Lioncourt, a French nobleman made into a vampire in the 18th century."

Also:

Miley Cyrus may be the main lead in the American version of Let the Right One In, a Swedish vampire movie that was done VERY well.

People can blame Twightlight for this. Hell, maybe Buffy will get rebooted next or how about Lost Boys. And no i'm not kidding, this may happen. Evil all thanks to Twilight. Mad

ImageImageImage

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Aug 20 2009 10:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure how I feel about Downey as Lestat, I think Cruise did a damn fine job (Queen of the Damned was a 2 hour music video however). And I flat out refuse to watch a remake of Let the Right One In.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Optimist With Doubts
Title: Titlating
PostPosted: Aug 20 2009 10:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I will never understand why people insist on remaking foreign films.

ReeperTheSeeker
PostPosted: Aug 20 2009 11:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Optimist With Doubts wrote:

because most Americans will be ignorant to the fact that it is a remake. They might mistake the american version as something original. How many people do you know that actually knew 'The Ring' was an adaptation of a japanese horror movie. I didn't until i looked it up.

ImageImageImage

MOGHARR
Title: The Original CandyWafer
PostPosted: Aug 21 2009 06:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

ReeperTheSeeker wrote:
Optimist With Doubts wrote:

because most Americans will be ignorant to the fact that it is a remake. They might mistake the american version as something original. How many people do you know that actually knew 'The Ring' was an adaptation of a japanese horror movie. I didn't until i looked it up.

This, and that people are too lazy to read subtitles, or even go out and try to find foreign films. Remaking them brings it to an American audience. I'm not saying this as an excuse or anything, it's just another chance to make money.

"Well I don`t judge most things by graphics, reality has amazing graphics, and I don`t like it, that`s why I play video games." Laminated Sky on Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
Deadmau_5pra
Title: Amatuer film/podcaster
PostPosted: Aug 21 2009 06:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

THE HANGOVER!?!? NO!

[edit]SequelBefore the release of the film, Entertainment Weeklyrevealed that Warner Bros. is already planning a sequel for the film.[21]Varietylater reported in July 2009 that production on The Hangover 2will begin in October 2010 for a Memorial Day weekend 2011 release, following the same production schedule used for the first film.[22]

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

username
PostPosted: Aug 31 2009 03:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Peter Craig hired for 'Bad Boys 3'

Columbia Pictures is developing a third installment of the "Bad Boys" franchise, hiring Peter Craig to write the screenplay, says The Hollywood Reporter.

With the project still in the early stages, no one else is signed, but Colulmbia heads hope to reunite Michael Bay, Jerry Bruckheimer and stars Will Smith and Martin Lawrence.

Craig, repped by CAA and Management 360, co-wrote "The Town," which Ben Affleck is directing for Warner Bros. and which shoots in Boston next month. He is adapting anime "Cowboy Bebop" for 20th Century Fox and Keanu Reeves.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/film/news/e3if39271c89709c28e9d3674d12e324f02

Quote:
Rambo 5

Variety's reporting Sylvester Stallone's not ready to give up on Rambo and will be returning as director and star of a fifth Rambo movie. This isn't really a shocker as film number four (Rambo) did well worldwide, immediately prompting talk of a Rambo 5. The fifth film will be financed by Nu Image/Millennium Films and will involve a kidnapping and Mexican drug lords. Production's expected to get underway early next year.

http://upcomingfilmss.blogspot.com/

Klimbatize wrote:

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Sep 01 2009 01:15 am Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, I'm curious and cautiously optimistic about Rambo 5.

Jack Slater
Title: Friendly Felon
PostPosted: Sep 01 2009 01:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

^ Anything set in Arizona will at least get one view from me. I wasn't impressed with Rambo 4 though.

Cause that's how I roll bounce.

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Sep 01 2009 01:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

Rambo 4 was great. I got high to that shit.

Jack Slater
Title: Friendly Felon
PostPosted: Sep 01 2009 03:29 am Reply with quote Back to top

FNJ wrote:

I was drunk and fell asleep.

Come to think of it, the same thing happened to me at Rocky Balboa too. Maybe Stallone's slurring is soothing to the ears.
username
PostPosted: Sep 01 2009 11:00 am Reply with quote Back to top

Jack Slater wrote:
FNJ wrote:

I was drunk and fell asleep.

Come to think of it, the same thing happened to me at Rocky Balboa too. Maybe Stallone's slurring is soothing to the ears.

rambo 4 is awesome. they been showing it lately on showtime and each time its more and more awesome

Klimbatize wrote:

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Sep 01 2009 10:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I am a HUGE Rocky fan, so I dragged my girlfriend at the time and my best friend to see it. We were enamored, while she wanted to go home.

username
PostPosted: Sep 01 2009 11:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

FNJ wrote:
I am a HUGE Rocky fan, so I dragged my girlfriend at the time and my best friend to see it. We were enamored, while she wanted to go home.

rocky balboa was awesome too. way better than that crap that passed for rocky V. im glad he is done w/the rocky franchise though. it ended on a good note

Klimbatize wrote:

Reply to topic

Jump to: