SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Good sites to import European games from?

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: May 03 2006 06:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Does anyone know any sites that I can import European video games from? I know some sites that have do Japanese imports, but in this case I would rather have the Euro release because it will offer English language the support. The game in particular I am trying to track down is Rainbow Islands Revolution, which was released in Japan as Rainbow Islands DS and which does not have a US release scheduled. If anyone can help me with this, I'll be pretty psyched.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
RegalSin
PostPosted: May 03 2006 10:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Wait you mean they made a Rainbow Islands for the DS?

From when I might have it archived. I think?

Personally I like the gbc game itself and if your looking to order anything in games try my most revered comic/game store "Bullet Proof"

1-718-434-1800, 1-718-434-8512, and FAX is 1-718-434-8514

The number is for the the most active store. They are like the most friendliest store in the entire NYC area. Unlike other comic book stores or game store they are into both Games and Comics.

You can ask for anything in the imaginary

Anime
Posters
Figures
Books
Manga
Imports
Cards

They even have Atari games in stock.

If your a watcher of Anime they will have your tape no matter what just ask them and they will have it.

It's also good to keep rounds on the stores in person since I found Evangelion the N64 game selling for $20 where other places will sell it for $90.

All the people there are into games and comics like crazy.
Trust me if you want it they will have it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You aslo have National Console Support ( do a search fon NCSX )

Play-Asia

Lik-Sang

Lastly there was this one store in Australlia but I forget the name.

http://www.mrbillsadventureland.com/links/buygames.htm
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: May 03 2006 11:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, they did. It was only released in Europe and Japan though.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
RegalSin
PostPosted: May 03 2006 11:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well I do have it archived and could put it up on Fileshare or you could direct me to a upload link where you could pick up the file.

What I really want to get from european shores is Sheep the gba game. this time around they cutafied the chracters.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: May 04 2006 06:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

Well being as I actually own the system and I'm currently looking for a new game to play when I'm on the go, I'd prefer to obtain a physical cartridge.
RegalSin
PostPosted: May 04 2006 09:35 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Well being as I actually own the system and I'm currently looking for a new game to play when I'm on the go, I'd prefer to obtain a physical cartridge.

Well you could allways buy a flash cart and update the firmware/bios so that you wil not have to see that ugly warning screen. I am not really into that but it's better then buying another remake of the same thing for the very sixth time.

How many times have you walked into that store and said "Do I really need this" or "Should I be focusing on something better with my money" then again I can't even return it and I finished the game in less then a day.

Sure we can all play online together Wifi hurray like pressing a button to go to the next floor or eating a diet pill but in the end some guy in Shanghai is laughing his Itchy the Killer self while his wife is sucking his dick for bringing home so much money.

Thats your choice.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: May 04 2006 03:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The good news is that I found it on Amazon UK.

The bad news is that it costs 24.99 British pounds which converts to $46.20 in US dollars. And that's not even counting shipping. Shocked

The thing is, I almost want the game that bad.
DarkMaze
PostPosted: May 04 2006 03:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
The good news is that I found it on Amazon UK.

The bad news is that it costs 24.99 British pounds which converts to $46.20 in US dollars. And that's not even counting shipping. Shocked

The thing is, I almost want the game that bad.

Does that take Magic Discount into account? VAT tax is always included in the price, which doesn't apply to us Americans, so there's usually a price drop at checkout.

Things I learned form buying a bunch of DVDs from Amazon UK.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: May 04 2006 03:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It gets even better... if I order it through Amazon.de, I could get it for 29.99 EU, which is only $38.50 US. Since I don't speak German though, I am hesitant to do this.
DarkMaze
PostPosted: May 04 2006 04:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ja, aber da gibt's immer Babelfish. Wink
Reply to topic

Jump to: