SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
SONY WTF ?!

Reply to topic
Juffo-Wup
PostPosted: May 01 2006 02:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ok. Its official now. Sony isn't the quality electronics provider it used to be.

Want some proof ? Read on:

I bough about 2 days ago new Mp3 player. Sony model NW-E205 was on sale ( 60€ ) and being ever so easily manipulated into buying cheap shit, I took it. First thing I was bit sceptical was the shape. The thing look like a kidney. Honest to fucking god A KIDNEY ?!

Ok. The thing is ugly as hell. It doesn't even look like mp3 player. It looks like some sort of anal beat/butt plug thing. Ok Do not worry. It just looks bad. It works right ? WRONG.

First thing I noticed was lack of any ports for UBS line or recharge or even battery hole. Brace yourself.

The fucking UBS piece is ATTACHED to the damn player ! SMART ONE SONY !
The other end of kidn.. the Mp3 player has small cover. As you glide it open small
UBS plug popped out. I would have laughed at this shit if I had not paid 60€ for it !
So I am supposed to fuck up my UBS port by dangling some weird ass kidney from it ? OH ! No worries. Sony kindly providet USB extension cord. EXTENSION OF HUGE 5 CM !!! What the fucking use is extension piece 5 cm long ?! ok so that really got me wondering are sony engineers retarted or what.

Ok the damn thing is designed to rape your USB port by hanging from it with its massive 5cm extension line. If that wasnt bad enough get this:

THE DAMN KIDNEY RECHARGES TROUGH YOUR USB PORT !
I am no computer scientist but hell even I know that USB port is not
supposed to be used by running electricity to a fucking battery !

It gets even better. USB based appliances are fairly easy to use.
You just plug it in and you're almost ready to go. But no !
Sony apparently thought that it's good idea to do the following:
In the name of mindless copyprotection shit, Sony packed the product with
some piece of shit Software called " Sonic Stage ". Put this into google and you get nice load of angry hi-fi forums. Sonic stage eats up a shitload of space, and it takes about 1 min. to move single song to the kidney. SINLGE SONG !!.
Instead of the simple drag-and-drop procedure, you get some shithole program that has working enviroment composed of countless .bmp format images. NICE !

I take it back to the store ASAP, after that I go firebomb local sony HQ.[/img]

I'd rather burn out, than fade away

RegalSin
PostPosted: May 01 2006 03:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well I recomend what I would tell people that ask me what would you use for a Mp3 player and I tell them to use a pocket PC instead.

Also I recently downloaded and found out about the Gamecubes music format ADX.
Read more here.

http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=35553.0

So now you can use a cell phone with Winamp ADX plug-in and listen to High qaulity music without the big size.

Quote:
Juffo-Wup
Ok. Its official now. Sony isn't the quality electronics provider it used to be.

Well they spent so much time with the Videogames they even decided to miss out on the flat tv screen sales. Thats right your Flat SONY monitor/TV is not by SONY but another company.
Juffo-Wup
PostPosted: May 01 2006 03:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Never again will I buy sony products. Hope to god the fucker blew it finally with PS3 issues.
Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: May 02 2006 10:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

For the record, most USB ports aren't more than 5 CM off the ground/table/whatever surface your tower is on. Also, Apple's iPod, the most successful MP3 player there is, recharges through a USB port. If there isn't electricity running through the USB port, then how the fuck do you think the computer reads anything through it?

I like that you have energy and stuff, but even though this isn't a tech forum it doesn't hurt to think these things through a little.

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

Juffo-Wup
PostPosted: May 02 2006 02:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

it's different thing to operate USB gimmicks. They need electricity. DUH ?
But like those gaming-pads that were USB connected with vibration were pulled
from the market here cuz they were apparent hazard to the hardware on your PC.

The 5 CM extension cord doesnt reach the table, well at least not on my PC.
Funny thing is that the damn thing just barely cant reach it.

And I wasnt the only one on net who thinks that this produc really hits consumers
below the belt. Ouch!

Tomorrow I am returning that monster to the shop, and trade it for creative mp3 player.
PS: I might be wrong about the USB/overjolt stuff. If so my bad.

I'd rather burn out, than fade away

Reply to topic

Jump to: