[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
United 93

Reply to topic
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: May 10 2006 01:21 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Tebor wrote:
I'm afraid that I might be too pro-Hollywood to like United 93, or that it won't thrill me because I know how it ends.

Knowing how a movie ends is no excuse not to like it. You probably watch your favorite movies over and over again, don't you? I 've seen ET at least two dozen times but I still cry every time at the end when we find out that ET never existed and that Elliot was just using ET as a vehicle to repress how his dad sexually abused him.

I remember when I first watched Leon: The Professional

*SPOILERS*

And I thought he was actually going to get away. Now the movie is still friggin' awesome, but I always think the movie gets overly sad when SWAT shows up instead of when we're supposed to realize Dracula knows who Leon is. That's an extra ten minutes of thinking "doomed... doomed..." instead of "Leon is such a friggin' BADASS!!!"

*End Spoiler*

While I am the king of watching a movie over and over again, I know that I will hope that America wins at the end of United. I'm a fucking Rambo kid, I need to see us win no matter how absurd. j/k.

It's like Pearl Harbor, Michael Bay jokes aside, if the movie ended at PH, I'd be pissed. Thankfully, it ends right after the Doolittle Raids which makes it look like America won the war right there. Or Titanic where we're rooting for the ship to sink. We know it will sink, but we want it to sink.

Now, I've completely forgotten what my point was. It's not about the politics to me, it's about being thrilled. I'll end up watching it and will probably be pleasently surprised.

Moving on to Poseidon, I'm worried I won't like it cause Shelly Winters isn't in it Razz J/k j/k j/k j/k Laughing Had to say it...

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Reply to topic

Jump to: