[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Rampage: Total Destruction

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Apr 29 2006 12:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I have always liked murder sims such as Doom and GTA, but I always felt they were lacking. Sure, they help you prepare for committing violence in real life, but they're too small scale. Doom is great for kids who want to shoot up a school, but what about people like me who want go all Milosevic on your ass? Well, that's why there's the Rampage series. If you've ever wanted to be a giant monster like Slobodan Milosevic or Lizzie The Lizard, now there's Rampage: Total Destruction. It's the best murder sim EVER.
</Jack Thompson>

In all seriousness, R:TD is a pretty cool game. There's 30 playable monsters (24 need to be unlocked) and the disc includes Rampage and the Rampage: World Tour as well. There's a lot of detail in the game, it's just good ol' fashioned psychopathic fun. And it's only $19.99.

There are two downsides to the game, however.

1. The game is in 3D, so the controls take a little bit of time to get used to. It's not quite as intuitive as the older games.
2. You can't do a campaign with more than 2 players. There are still some 4 player modes though.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
RegalSin
PostPosted: Apr 29 2006 12:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Rampage will neer be the same again. Does the game still have the same code used in the NES game?

Do we get see or have any idea what they looked like before they turned into mosters a back story of some sort.

Do we get to jump from Twin Tower One to Twin Tower Two, Tampie 101, and the Patrona Towers?

Also while the game is ince looking I dislike the advertments so far.

Also will there be cut scenes like in the PSX game and the corperation?

How did thirty monsters come about?
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Apr 29 2006 02:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for bringing the game to my attention, I shall investigate.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: Apr 29 2006 09:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Question: Does the game feature breasts of the 3d variety? Free jerkables wherever you can find 'em, you know the drill.

Honestly, I don't know about this. I'm wary of any 2d to 3d conversion. I liked the original rampage but I found world tour to be somewhat derivative and lackluster in general.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Apr 30 2006 12:58 am Reply with quote Back to top

No, no nudity.

Also, I should note that the game isn't really 3D. Oh sure, everything is rendered in 3D, but you still move on a *mostly* 2D track. If you didn't like World Tour, I don't know if you'd like this one. It's a lot like World Tour, only more detailed. There's lots of good sound clips, including an Arnold sound-alike, but at the end of the day, it's still Rampage.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: May 02 2006 11:03 am Reply with quote Back to top

To answer you Regal, yes there is a backstory, and it's fucking hilarious. I really like the campaign mode in the game, but the competitive multiplayer was severely lacking.

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

Reply to topic

Jump to: