"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Last Action Hero Soundtrack

Reply to topic
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Mar 28 2006 02:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

Remember the warning of this forum: "You can discuss music here, but if your taste sucks, you'll probably be modded." Well, this might be the time to enforce it.

This thread has no real point other than I want to profess to the whole internet something I just realized.

I bought the soundtrack of Last Action Hero, because I figured it would have one cue on it. It's the music cue where

*SPOILERS* Almost forgot...

Arnold comes out of Jack Slater IV and chases after Benedict. While he's running on the New York street after the cab Red Eye escaped in, there's a mad guitar riff playing.

I figured it would appear on the soundtrack, because it sounded too hardcore for Kamen. So I picked up the CD for exactly $7 at a used CD shop. Alas, I didn't find the awesome guitar riff. Oh well, wasn't the first time I bought the wrong CD (Speed)... or maybe some stupid record producer didn't release the cue.

Thanks to a Queensrÿche reference in the Bad Dudes article, I had to listen to only song of theirs I own: "Real World" on LAH. It's a pretty craptastic song which sounds like a cross between country rock and Yanni. But, I left the song playing while I finished rereading the article. Then... at 3:05, farther than I've ever made it through the song before, the tempo changes completely. And, if you couldn't tell, some mad 80s-style guitar wailing started belting out. IT 'S THE CUE I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR!! Apparently, only the last minute of the song is worth listening to. Who knew? Thank you, Syd, for making me relisten to their song!

Get ready for an addition 80s workout tape, you're about to get Queensrÿche-d!

*LAH was released in '93.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Mar 28 2006 11:28 am Reply with quote Back to top

And the segue where Arnold first enters the real world is from the beginning of the song.

I actually like Queensrÿche a lot.Their stuff off Operation: Mindcrime and Empire is way better though.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
PolarisSLBM
PostPosted: Apr 01 2006 12:00 am Reply with quote Back to top

It's also got Megadeth. And AC/DC's Big Guns, which has a crazy video with Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Reply to topic

Jump to: