"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Superman 14 Disc Set

Reply to topic
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Mar 18 2006 04:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sure we all know this, but what are the thoughts about WB's rerelease explosion pack of Superman?

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/print.php?type=N&item_id=1632

Personally, I am DAMN glad they found the deleted 45 minutes of Superman IV. Some of you may know "Superman IV" is my second favorite movie of all time and my signature's sake. Nuclear Man used to be my Avatar until I switched to some crappy gifs.

I'm excited... but doesn't 14 discs sound a little... excessive? I know Alien had 9 discs, but this might just be going a little overboard... 5 movies would account for 10 discs... plus two for extended cuts of I and II... that leaves two discs of extras! Unless, the extended cuts get their own bonus discs... which would be nutty... but that would explain the 14 number... eh, whatever.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Sock
Title: Master Fornicator
PostPosted: Mar 18 2006 02:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I think it boils down to they want lots of your money.
Tebor
PostPosted: Mar 18 2006 06:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sock wrote:
I think it boils down to they want lots of your money.

Maybe so, but they are giving us Superman/Nuclear Man fan boys what we want.

MEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

Tebor
PostPosted: Mar 18 2006 07:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

In my excitment, I've added two more Nuclear Man ytmnd pages:

http://destroysuperman.ytmnd.com/

http://iwillhurtpeople.ytmnd.com/

DarkMaze
PostPosted: Mar 20 2006 10:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

Y'know Tebor, I was gonna ask at some point if you knew if there was any existing edition of Superman IV with the bajillion minutes of extra footage (and OTHER Nuclear Man). I have no idea why, but I was suddenly curious about that a while back. That answers that question.

That was the first movie I ever saw in a movie theater. As a child, I was obsessed with Superman. But, y'know, in a healthy way.
Tebor
PostPosted: Mar 20 2006 04:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

DarkMaze wrote:
Y'know Tebor, I was gonna ask at some point if you knew if there was any existing edition of Superman IV with the bajillion minutes of extra footage (and OTHER Nuclear Man). I have no idea why, but I was suddenly curious about that a while back. That answers that question.

That was the first movie I ever saw in a movie theater. As a child, I was obsessed with Superman. But, y'know, in a healthy way.

There has never been a full edit of Superman IV. This is because the movie really is unfinished. Coverage for many scenes were never shot, special effects were never completed, the score only existed for the 89 minute version, etc. The only time a decent running time version was assembled was at a test screening, but this was the uncompleted version.

My thoughts on Nuclear Man Mark I, I've read the script, comics, and the novels for Superman IV, I've seen the pictures, and I'm friggin' pissed they cut him. I did here they would reuse the Metro Club scene in a sequel and that the sequence turned out very good. Whenever the producers agree that a scene worked and it still got cut, I get immediately interested.

My obsession with "Superman IV" came from my love of it as a child, but when I first got the internet I read about the "longer cut". Reading the deleted scenes filled in many blanks for me and made the movie more epic and important. Since then, I've been a strong supporter of "Superman IV" because there is a better version of the movie, just that no one has seen it... that version may not even be in the deleted scenes, but the script was brilliant. The novel of the film (albeit 144 pages long) showed me what the movie could've been. I've said many times if I could remake any movie, I'd remake that one.

DarkMaze
PostPosted: Mar 21 2006 11:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

So where might one be able to read these deleted scenes? I've only read about them on IMDb.

However, my main problem with pretty much all the Superman movies -- something which no number of deleted scenes can fix -- is that they always played Lex Luthor for comic relief. For that, they should be shot.
Tebor
PostPosted: Mar 22 2006 02:58 am Reply with quote Back to top

DarkMaze wrote:
So where might one be able to read these deleted scenes? I've only read about them on IMDb.

However, my main problem with pretty much all the Superman movies -- something which no number of deleted scenes can fix -- is that they always played Lex Luthor for comic relief. For that, they should be shot.

The original script or novelizations.

Reply to topic

Jump to: