[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
DDRR?

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Mar 16 2006 04:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Starting with the Super Nintendo, games on Nintendo systems have a tendency of having part of the system name in game name. We've had games such as Super Castlevania, Bomberman 64, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, and Mario Kart DS. Due to mainly to it's name, the Gamecube skipped this tradition But with Super Smash Bros. Revolution already announced, it looks as though the Revolution will carry on this tradition.

And so my question is this: do you think Konami can possibly resist releasing Dance Dance Revolution Revolution?
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: Mar 17 2006 10:29 am Reply with quote Back to top

What's the story on the new legend of zelda, is that coming out on the cube or is it being held back for the revolution?
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Mar 17 2006 10:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

I am not sure. I assume that it is coming out for the 'cube still. Seeing as the Revolution will be backwards compatible with the 'cube, it is Nintendo's best interest to release it on the Gamecube. That will maximize their sales on the game, plus it prevents them from having to entirely re-render the game to show off the Revolution's capabilities. After all, the game was being developed for the Gamecube so it was designed to fit those specs.

According to GameFAQS, it is still being released on the GCN:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/data/920769.html
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: Mar 17 2006 11:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yeah! I forgot about the backwards compatibility thing. That rules so hard, seriously. I can play winback again...or paper mario...hell yeah.
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Mar 17 2006 11:51 am Reply with quote Back to top

Actually from what i've heard, it won't be coming out til Fall and it's going to work like the Oracle games in that you can play it on the GameCube, but there's extra stuff if you play it on the Revolution.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Reply to topic

Jump to: