SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Rolling Thunder

Reply to topic
OctoMan
PostPosted: Jan 28 2006 01:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I never heard of it before, but hoy crap is Leila hot!
Tlaloc
Title: You
PostPosted: Mar 21 2006 11:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yes Syd, thanks for your report on Rolling Thunder.

Wow, I remember the first time I played the game on the NES. It was quite surprising what they did with Leila! Only that back then I did not had the single idea on her name, and was never able to pass the damn crazy fire guys! Heck! I was way more clueless that I had to beat the game more than once to actually beat it!

From the info I have gathered, Rolling Thunder originally was a comic book from Hong Kong, the video game was based upon it and of course not many people know about this believing it is an original concept from Namco. Sadly I have not been able to find any more on the original comic. I even e-mailed that Ask John guy from AnimeNation; and he has not replied me so far.

And who am I kidding, being the pervert I am (well, after all I am not some brokeback jacko since "queerin' doesn't make the world go round" lol. Maybe you should do some article on Mr. Warrior aka the Ultimate Warrior), I enjoy Leila cut scenes! Even the music sounds cool as it raises the dramatic tension when she is shown helpless lol! That cross of Piccolo with a G-Force villian of Geldra sure does not waste any time with prisoners like Leila, unlike some other moronic megalomaniacs! And you even knew how to blend your comments with humor as for her situations lol! I guess Geldra sure does have a crucifixion fetish! At least he was not enough nuts to use nails on her (but maybe he nailed her the other way).

Sadly given that RT was not very well known; there is not enough hentai art on it. I have barely found one picture that while suggestive, it is not erotic; and a picture starring a girl from Naruto, as a parody (non-hentai) of the "klansmen" watching Leila on the monitor. Plus it seems likely that Namco will ever revive the Rolling Thunder franchise; they say due to the lack of interest on such old game; but they have been doing plenty of suckarse decisions such as marrying Sophitia (another hot game babe), with that darn wuss of Rothion. Not only that, they already have kids!!!!

Well that is it for today; not sure I will ever comeback to the forum; but at least it is good to know that there are still people who remember Leila (you better do! After all, she died for our sins lol!). For now kudos and keep on with the good work Syd!
BBH
PostPosted: Mar 22 2006 10:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

you know what I never understood about Rolling Thunder? The lifebar. Why have a bar consisting of 8 hit points when just bumping into some guy (or even landing on their heads) takes off 4 points. And of course bullets just kill you outright. Actually kill might be the wrong word, it always looked like Albatross was coming down with a headache whenever he ran out of life.

At least with the NES version and the sequels they just changed it to a simple 2-point bar (and I think in the sequels you could raise the maximum number of points and actually survive getting hit by a bullet?), and in the sequels enemy collisions no longer did damage, you just both got bumped away a la Shinobi. Too bad there was never a Bad Dudes sequel to correct the issue that a Bad Dude took the same amount of damage whether he was punched in the face or ran into an aerobics instructor. (well, maybe Sly Spy kind of counts in spirit, but...)

BBH's Waste of Bandwidth - shitty reviews of obscure arcade games

Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Mar 23 2006 12:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd, have you referenced that Warrior quote on this site elsewhere and I forgot, or is it just a clever coincidence that it was used here?

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

Reply to topic

Jump to: