[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Look at the sexy new DS!

Reply to topic
Mr. Bomberman
2009 Forum Champion
Title: (still) token black.
PostPosted: Jan 27 2006 12:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Peep this... It's like my girl....

It's sexy, right? I like the N's new image. I got my DS stolen, so I'm gettin this...

Oh yeah, I'm the new guy in this place. I'm............

Sup people.

EDIT:I'm a Bomberman fan, so that's why the 2nd one is there.

Xbox Live: HazNobody, pronounced "HAz". | Haven't went to IRC yet? Go! #sydlexia @ DALnet. | Y'all should play some Super Robot Wars J (hey that rhymes!) | yeah I'm back who gives a shit

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jan 27 2006 12:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The new DS does indeed look cool. You may have to wait a few months for it though. The Japan launch date for the DS Lite is March 2nd, and I don't think any other regional release dates have been announced yet.

Oh, and welcome to my forums.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
S. McCracken
Title: Enforcer
PostPosted: Jan 27 2006 02:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
The Japan launch date for the DS Lite is March 2nd, and I don't think any other regional release dates have been announced yet.

Is that when we'll see the pictures on Bomberman's post, too?

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jan 27 2006 03:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

S. McCracken wrote:

Is that when we'll see the pictures on Bomberman's post, too?

Hmmm... I can see them. I'm not sure why you can't.

The first one is a sleek white DS
The second is a picture of Hudson Soft's Bomberman
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Mr. Bomberman
2009 Forum Champion
PostPosted: Jan 27 2006 05:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That's just the way I introduced myself... with Bomberman (I love the games) I'm the new guy here. What's up?

Xbox Live: HazNobody, pronounced "HAz". | Haven't went to IRC yet? Go! #sydlexia @ DALnet. | Y'all should play some Super Robot Wars J (hey that rhymes!) | yeah I'm back who gives a shit

Mr. Bomberman
2009 Forum Champion
PostPosted: Jan 27 2006 05:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yeah. The DSLite is to come out in America "following spring" which means later in the spring, or summer. That's what IGN said.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jan 28 2006 01:19 am Reply with quote Back to top

Hopefully it'll be available in black as well. Not that I dislike the white... it reminds me of the prototypical Revolution controller they unveiled.
Mr. Bomberman
2009 Forum Champion
PostPosted: Feb 09 2006 09:31 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yea, I want black too. they say it's supposed to come out in "4 different colors"

mcdusher
PostPosted: Feb 21 2006 10:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

you want to talk about wast of mony lets tlak about the ds
another gimicky thing by nintendo with suport for the gimmick and not much more
can anyone say virtual boy
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Feb 22 2006 12:17 am Reply with quote Back to top

mcdusher wrote:
you want to talk about wast of mony lets tlak about the ds
another gimicky thing by nintendo with suport for the gimmick and not much more
can anyone say virtual boy

The Virtual Boy was a piece of shit. I mean, come on, the damn thing INDUCED VERTIGO.

But as for DS, I don't know what you're talking about. It has already proven itself to be more than just a gimmick. It's currently outselling the PSP and it currently has a better game library than the PSP including strong third party support. I'm not saying you have to like the system but for you to say that the DS is a gimmick that's doomed to fail, you must have a strong, irrational hatred of Nintendo that rivals my strong, irrational hatred of Xbox.
mcdusher
PostPosted: Feb 22 2006 05:06 am Reply with quote Back to top

cummon all the good support is debated for years weather they want to give it to us or not. like the medic game and atorney at law game and what the hell happened to the electro plankton game. it is a very gimicky sytem look at games like the packman game or the kirby game. I dont hate nintendo. i have owned every nintendo system at one point or another even the ds. I got it when it first came out because it seemed like a cool gimic but a gimick none the less. i paid full price for it and i bought the mario 64. I sold it 3 months later when not a single intersting game came out for it. I still want to buy it again i just said to myself that i wont buy it again until there are like 10 games i want to play for it. here we are like 2 years later ( maybe a year and a half) and there are like four games total that interest me. That is the problem with nintedo fan boys. they either love ever peice of crap that nintendo puts out or they defend a system to death for a couple good games. THe truth is you could make a good fun game for the nintendo 1 today. YOu can make a good game for any system. but to make a system and have like 5 acseptable game for the systems whole career is unacseptable and nintendo has made a career out of it and stupid fan boys that buy every peice of crap nintedo puts out is what makes it possibe. If you guys didnt defend nentendos product diarea so hard nintendo would be forced to scrap these peices of junk and make some more good systems. proof of this is the disater they have in line with the revolution. Let me guess you all are going to argue the revo is not gimicky and it inovative. Nintedo has not been on par since the super nes. This is not acceptable. i Love nintendo and ilove mario when he is not being cyber pimped into 18 crappy game a year. Nintendo needs to get their shit strait and produce current gen stuff, work with 3rd parties, and not release another peice of crap that doest get good suport even from the nintendo team. like what the hells the deal with zelda. Zelda is an example of the way their whole company is going. Dont get me wrong i will still buy there good products because i have been whith nintendo since the GAME IN WATCH era. that predates most fan boys so i feel i have a right the oppion becaus i was a nintendo fan boy before most people new a company called nintendo existed.
Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: Feb 22 2006 07:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

Nintendo handhelds are great. I spent 150 bucks on a GBA cartridge dumper and I've had a blast with it so far. Playing any NES game on the go is a great time killer. Metroid Zero mission, Castlevania Aria of Sorrow and Advance Wars 2 rank as some of my favorite games of all time.

Another thing you can always depend on with nintendo handhelds is their sturdiness. Have you ever heard of a "Dead pixel" on a GBA or a DS? nobody even knew about them until the PSP came out.

Sony makes fun systems to play but their products are way too easy to break. If you dropped a ps2 on your bed from 2 feet it would explode into 35 pieces and hot lava would come out. You can kick your gamecube off a 3 story building and run it over with a car and it still plays games, you just have to put a rock or something on the button to fool it into the thinking the lid is closed and spin the disc up yourself to start it off.

mcdusher, I see where you're coming from on the nintendo product diarrhea idea. I can't think of many consoles (besides dreamcast) that had such a horrible ratio of shitty to good games as the N64 did. Still, though, take Sega for example. The Sega Genesis kicked ass for most of its lifespan and had more than just a handful of great games, but eventually it kicked the bucket as well. I suppose it may be a shame that there are fewer and fewer good games out for the new consoles, nintendo and others included, my solution is to just boycott games you don't like.

Dreamcast still stands as one of my favorite consoles of all time, despite the huge amount of crappy games released for it. Same with N64. Eventually I'll buy a DS for the few games I enjoy on it and I'll value it for that same quality. Hell, I was considering buying the DS for one game, dawn of sorrow. I bought a PS2 just for katamari damacy. I bought a gamecube just for resident evil 4.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Feb 22 2006 01:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

People seem to assume that the system is based around the styles, but there's plenty of games that don't use the stylus heavily or even at all and those games are some of the best...

Sonic Rush doesn't use it, but it still manages to use both screens to good effect.
Mario Kart DS doesn't use it all.
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow barely uses it all, and it is a freakin' phenomenal game.

The gimmicky games are pretty fun too. I was skeptical about the stylus, but Kirby: Canvas Curse made a believer out of me.

The Dual Screen system is a much bigger deal than the stylus, it really allows for some fun, innovative games.
Murdar Machene
PostPosted: Feb 22 2006 08:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm wondering why they haven't made Mario Paint for the DS yet...I would INSTANTLY buy it if they did.
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Feb 23 2006 04:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

Murdar Machene wrote:
I'm wondering why they haven't made Mario Paint for the DS yet...I would INSTANTLY buy it if they did.

That's a BRILLIANT idea. I mean seriously, a whole new method of CAD without needing to use Windows.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Murdar Machene
PostPosted: Feb 23 2006 05:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

What would rule the hardest about this would be that they could make way more than 9 max frames of animation...so I could make some crazy shiznit while I was bored.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Feb 23 2006 10:00 am Reply with quote Back to top

Murdar Machene wrote:
What would rule the hardest about this would be that they could make way more than 9 max frames of animation...so I could make some crazy shiznit while I was bored.

And since the DS had online capabilities, maybe they could make it so you could export you finished product to an external server and share it with friends.
Reply to topic

Jump to: