[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Buy the General Lee

Reply to topic
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: May 02 2007 09:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Charger-Charger-R-T-The-General-Lee-by-Bo-Duke-himself-John-Schneider_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6199QQihZ015QQitemZ250108256198QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVWQQtcZphoto

Up for auction is a General Lee Dodge Charger built by John Schneider himself. It was used in TV movie, and was the base model for all the cars made for the recent movie. So far the auction is up to over 2 million. Who wants in on this?

Here's a link to a news report about the
auction:
http://cbs2.com/video/?id=38315@kcbs.dayport.com

511 Hemi..... 725Hp....... Daddy likes! Daddy wants!!!!
Chrisby
PostPosted: May 02 2007 09:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If I had the money I'd be all over that.
MOGHARR
Title: The Original CandyWafer
PostPosted: May 03 2007 06:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

we could all pitch in and each have it every day of the week!

"Well I don`t judge most things by graphics, reality has amazing graphics, and I don`t like it, that`s why I play video games." Laminated Sky on Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: May 03 2007 10:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I comtemplated suggesting that we try to collectively own the Ecto 1. It's a lot cheaper, and IMO, way cooler.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: May 03 2007 11:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Apparently John got paid crap on Smallville, if he needs to hawk his General Lee for a million dollars to budget a film. Which is a sequel to a film he wrote, starred in, and directed. So apparently, whatever he put into that movie, he didn't make back. Which means in Hollywood terms, that it was a bomb. And, now he wants to make a sequel to said bomb. Hmmmm....
DarkMaze
PostPosted: May 04 2007 09:55 am Reply with quote Back to top

I saw the trailer for his upcoming movie. Looks like he's making a cheap knock off of Dukes of Hazzard.

But hey, nothing wrong with that. Smile
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: May 04 2007 11:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

Valdronius wrote:
I comtemplated suggesting that we try to collectively own the Ecto 1. It's a lot cheaper, and IMO, way cooler.

Also, the ECTO-1 doesn't have a controversial political symbol on it.

Or maybe it does. The Ghostbusters would arrest ghosts and detain them indefinitely without ever giving them a trial, allowing them legal representation, or even telling them what they were suspected of. One could argue that Guatanamo Bay was inspired by the Containment Unit.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: May 04 2007 12:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Is his movie going to be very Southern in its political aspects? Cause Lord knows there are far to few D.W. Griffith's making movies these days. I don't agree with their beliefs, but I usually love their incredibly ignorant biased films about the "white man".

Not that I ever want Johnathan Kent ever making a racist or thickheaded film. Confused

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: May 08 2007 08:03 am Reply with quote Back to top

There is nothing about The Dukes of Hazzard that should have inspired someone to part with 10 million dollars. Yet that's just what an eBay bidder offered for John "Bo Duke" Shneider's 1969 Dodge Charger, the General Lee.

The car was also used in the 2000 TV Movie "The Dukes of Hazzard: Hazzard in Hollywood," a Dukes reunion film. Recently, it had a central role in the movie "Collier & Co., Hot Pursuit," a limited-release film produced by, directed by, distributed by and starring Schneider.

If the bid proves genuine, it is the second highest price ever paid for a car.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Reply to topic

Jump to: