SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

  [Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Kris Lexia's Snackoween Spooktacular


Reply to topic
Author Message
DarknessDeku
Title: The Forum Fighter
Joined: Dec 08 2007
Location: Indiana
PostPosted: Oct 30 2014 12:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.sydlexia.com/krislexia_snackoween.htm

This is awesome. Thanks for posting.
View user's profileSend private message
Cattivo
Joined: Apr 14 2006
Location: Lake Michigan
PostPosted: Oct 30 2014 12:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Kudos Kris!

But Franken Berry is clearly superior! Especially with cow milk instead of hippy almond milk! Wink
View user's profileSend private message
Cameron
Title: :O Ö O:
Joined: Feb 01 2008
Location: St. Louis, MO
PostPosted: Oct 31 2014 02:09 am Reply with quote Back to top

Cattivo wrote:
But Franken Berry is clearly superior!

This. Franken Berry is the end-all-be-all of sugary cereals. Also, nifty article. Very Happy


Image
 
View user's profileSend private message
jprime
Title: Ex-GameWinners
Joined: Jan 27 2008
Location: Southern Ontario
PostPosted: Oct 31 2014 02:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

Nice debut. As it's now after midnight, I'll be re-reading it tomorrow. Hopefully, you'll have accepted the help I provided by then.
View user's profileSend private message
The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
Joined: Feb 24 2010
Location: The Danger Zone
PostPosted: Oct 31 2014 02:25 am Reply with quote Back to top

Kris articles should be some gaudy feminine color to make it stand out from Syd's.

Also, holy crap this is the first article in 16 months.


I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.
 
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
Joined: Jul 30 2005
Location: Wakefield, MA
PostPosted: Oct 31 2014 02:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The-Excel wrote:
Kris articles should be some gaudy feminine color to make it stand out from Syd's.

Also, holy crap this is the first article in 16 months.

I thought about it, but with all the GamerGate crap going around, I didn't want to be accused of sexism. I think I asked her to pick colors at one point and then never pressed it.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
Joined: Feb 24 2010
Location: The Danger Zone
PostPosted: Oct 31 2014 04:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Fucking activists.


I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.
 
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
DarknessDeku
Title: The Forum Fighter
Joined: Dec 08 2007
Location: Indiana
PostPosted: Oct 31 2014 05:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
The-Excel wrote:
Kris articles should be some gaudy feminine color to make it stand out from Syd's.

Also, holy crap this is the first article in 16 months.

I thought about it, but with all the GamerGate crap going around, I didn't want to be accused of sexism. I think I asked her to pick colors at one point and then never pressed it.


I made a thread about this a while back, then deleted it because nobody responded to it. I just wish people could go back to writing articles and posts without people fighting each other.
View user's profileSend private message
krislexia
Title: Now with a hint of lime
Joined: Jan 21 2007
PostPosted: Oct 31 2014 05:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you to everyone for being so supportive of my debut! I'll be working on something a bit more retro culture related in the coming weeks Smile


Syd Lexia wrote:
The-Excel wrote:
Kris articles should be some gaudy feminine color to make it stand out from Syd's.

Also, holy crap this is the first article in 16 months.

I thought about it, but with all the GamerGate crap going around, I didn't want to be accused of sexism. I think I asked her to pick colors at one point and then never pressed it.


I want you to match my article colors to that of my Arpakasso ie some combo of pastel blue yellow and pink. Cause why not??


Image
 
View user's profileSend private message
The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
Joined: Feb 24 2010
Location: The Danger Zone
PostPosted: Oct 31 2014 06:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

krislexia wrote:
Thank you to everyone for being so supportive of my debut! I'll be working on something a bit more retro culture related in the coming weeks Smile


Syd Lexia wrote:
The-Excel wrote:
Kris articles should be some gaudy feminine color to make it stand out from Syd's.

Also, holy crap this is the first article in 16 months.

I thought about it, but with all the GamerGate crap going around, I didn't want to be accused of sexism. I think I asked her to pick colors at one point and then never pressed it.


I want you to match my article colors to that of my Arpakasso ie some combo of pastel blue yellow and pink. Cause why not??

I'm for it.


I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.
 
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
Joined: Feb 24 2010
Location: The Danger Zone
PostPosted: Nov 04 2014 01:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

This new color scheme is much better.


I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.
 
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
krislexia
Title: Now with a hint of lime
Joined: Jan 21 2007
PostPosted: Nov 05 2014 02:54 am Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed wholeheartedly. Now to write more things Very Happy


Image
 
View user's profileSend private message
Sarge
Title: The Self-Titler
Joined: Aug 14 2010
PostPosted: Nov 06 2014 09:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

krislexia wrote:
Thank you to everyone for being so supportive of my debut! I'll be working on something a bit more retro culture related in the coming weeks Smile


Syd Lexia wrote:
The-Excel wrote:
Kris articles should be some gaudy feminine color to make it stand out from Syd's.

Also, holy crap this is the first article in 16 months.

I thought about it, but with all the GamerGate crap going around, I didn't want to be accused of sexism. I think I asked her to pick colors at one point and then never pressed it.


I want you to match my article colors to that of my Arpakasso ie some combo of pastel blue and yellow pink. Cause GO RAMS


Fixed that for you Kris. And the article was awesome too.


Image
 
View user's profileSend private message
DarknessDeku
Title: The Forum Fighter
Joined: Dec 08 2007
Location: Indiana
PostPosted: Nov 06 2014 09:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sarge wrote:
krislexia wrote:
Thank you to everyone for being so supportive of my debut! I'll be working on something a bit more retro culture related in the coming weeks Smile


Syd Lexia wrote:
The-Excel wrote:
Kris articles should be some gaudy feminine color to make it stand out from Syd's.

Also, holy crap this is the first article in 16 months.

I thought about it, but with all the GamerGate crap going around, I didn't want to be accused of sexism. I think I asked her to pick colors at one point and then never pressed it.


I want you to match my article colors to that of my Arpakasso ie some combo of pastel blue and yellow pink. Cause GO RAMS


Fixed that for you Kris. And the article was awesome too.


Football is boring.
View user's profileSend private message
Cattivo
Joined: Apr 14 2006
Location: Lake Michigan
PostPosted: Nov 07 2014 11:52 am Reply with quote Back to top

Don't tell that to my newborn son. His nursery is decked out with a sports theme, and half his clothes have some sort of sports design. His mother is already feeding him Nebraska football propaganda, and he sucks on his White Sox pacifier every day.
View user's profileSend private message
Skinr
Title: Minituae Guru
Joined: Jul 17 2010
Location: Elsinore
PostPosted: Nov 07 2014 08:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cattivo wrote:
Don't tell that to my newborn son. His nursery is decked out with a sports theme, and half his clothes have some sort of sports design. His mother is already feeding him Nebraska football propaganda, and he sucks on his White Sox pacifier every day.


Replace "sports" with "movies", and "White Sox" with "Un Chien Andalou", and that'll be my firstborn.

Oh yeah, the article was pretty cool. Nice to see some well-written seasonal content, especially on this site. Incidentally, the only one of the three monster cereals I've had is Count Chocula, and I had some kind of allergic reaction the second time I ate it.



 
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website
DarknessDeku
Title: The Forum Fighter
Joined: Dec 08 2007
Location: Indiana
PostPosted: Nov 07 2014 08:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Skinr wrote:
Cattivo wrote:
Don't tell that to my newborn son. His nursery is decked out with a sports theme, and half his clothes have some sort of sports design. His mother is already feeding him Nebraska football propaganda, and he sucks on his White Sox pacifier every day.


Replace "sports" with "movies", and "White Sox" with "Un Chien Andalou", and that'll be my firstborn.

Oh yeah, the article was pretty cool. Nice to see some well-written seasonal content, especially on this site. Incidentally, the only one of the three monster cereals I've had is Count Chocula, and I had some kind of allergic reaction the second time I ate it.


Just looked this movie up on Wikipedia, holy shit, I'll have to check it out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Un_Chien_Andalou
View user's profileSend private message
JRA
Joined: Sep 17 2007
Location: The Opium Trail
PostPosted: Nov 12 2014 09:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The only reason I even found out about this article is because I stumbled upon a twitter post referring to it while searchling for your opinion on [SPOILER:b745c69e1c]Fucking Putin announcing he's gonna start doing bomber patrols across the Gulf of Mexico.[/SPOILER:b745c69e1c] in your twitter. Which I never found. Sad


There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.
 
View user's profileSend private message
JRA
Joined: Sep 17 2007
Location: The Opium Trail
PostPosted: Nov 13 2014 12:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

Ok I finally read it.

Notes:

-Warm beer for breakfast? You're braver than I am.

- I had to deal with Scary Cakes all goddamn month at work. Its a miracle I haven't relented and gained 100 pounds . Though that may have more to do with Hostess cakes being mediocre

- I miss Alpha Bits cereal. I know you didn't mention it. Just sayin.

- Work on your punchlines. And by that I mean actually put some in there. What made Syd's articles so endearing is how blasts of tasteful (and sometimes not so tasteful) offensiveness just flew in out of nowhere. You know how in that one Jenna Marbles video where she says how Jewelry was kind of like the underground railroad of sex? Something like that.

-Didn't notice any spelling errors. So you've got that going for you. Which is nice.


There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.
 
View user's profileSend private message
krislexia
Title: Now with a hint of lime
Joined: Jan 21 2007
PostPosted: Nov 13 2014 11:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

JRA wrote:
Ok I finally read it.

Notes:

-Warm beer for breakfast? You're braver than I am.

- I had to deal with Scary Cakes all goddamn month at work. Its a miracle I haven't relented and gained 100 pounds . Though that may have more to do with Hostess cakes being mediocre

- I miss Alpha Bits cereal. I know you didn't mention it. Just sayin.

- Work on your punchlines. And by that I mean actually put some in there. What made Syd's articles so endearing is how blasts of tasteful (and sometimes not so tasteful) offensiveness just flew in out of nowhere. You know how in that one Jenna Marbles video where she says how Jewelry was kind of like the underground railroad of sex? Something like that.

-Didn't notice any spelling errors. So you've got that going for you. Which is nice.


-It's senior year and I want to die a little bit. Warm beer is a necessary breakfast right now.

-Gotta agree there to be honest. I only like the cupcakes because of the nostalgia factor. I much prefer Twinkies and Donettes.

-I think about Alpha Bits a lot. I feel your pain.

-While my brother and I appear very similar and share much of our humor, I don't feel comfortable being as crass as him. But goddamn it I can try! I skipped the humorous writing class when I had the chance to take it because the professor was an insufferable prick. Sorry, yo.

-Thank you! I'd like to think I made it through the writing program successfully because I can follow basic literary conventions such as grammar and spelling. I do need to brush up on my hyphen usage however. Meh.


Image
 
View user's profileSend private message
The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
Joined: Feb 24 2010
Location: The Danger Zone
PostPosted: Nov 14 2014 01:17 am Reply with quote Back to top

There's actually a humorous writing class at your university? Man, every opportunity ever has passed me by.


I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.
 
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
jprime
Title: Ex-GameWinners
Joined: Jan 27 2008
Location: Southern Ontario
PostPosted: Nov 14 2014 03:24 am Reply with quote Back to top

You can't really learn writing. Either a muse finds you or it doesn't. I learned that the hard way.
View user's profileSend private message
DarknessDeku
Title: The Forum Fighter
Joined: Dec 08 2007
Location: Indiana
PostPosted: Nov 14 2014 11:21 am Reply with quote Back to top

jprime wrote:
You can't really learn writing. Either a muse finds you or it doesn't. I learned that the hard way.


You can too learn writing. Nobody is born knowing how to write, they eventually have to learn.
View user's profileSend private message
jprime
Title: Ex-GameWinners
Joined: Jan 27 2008
Location: Southern Ontario
PostPosted: Nov 14 2014 12:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

DarknessDeku wrote:
jprime wrote:
You can't really learn writing. Either a muse finds you or it doesn't. I learned that the hard way.


You can too learn writing. Nobody is born knowing how to write, they eventually have to learn.

I meant artistically, not practically.
View user's profileSend private message
DarknessDeku
Title: The Forum Fighter
Joined: Dec 08 2007
Location: Indiana
PostPosted: Nov 14 2014 12:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

jprime wrote:
DarknessDeku wrote:
jprime wrote:
You can't really learn writing. Either a muse finds you or it doesn't. I learned that the hard way.


You can too learn writing. Nobody is born knowing how to write, they eventually have to learn.

I meant artistically, not practically.


I'm sure you can learn that too.
View user's profileSend private message
Display posts from previous:      
Reply to topic

 
 Jump to: