"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Calling it: Back To The Future remake in 2015

Reply to topic
jprime
Title: Ex-GameWinners
PostPosted: Dec 22 2012 01:55 am Reply with quote Back to top

Now that Roland Emmerich's vision, among others, of the last 24 hours been proven a load of crap, I can bring this up. As we get closer to the date that Robert Zemeckis depicted in 1989, that vision gets more and more disproven. There are no flying cars, no hoverboards, only four Jaws movies, Princess Diana is dead and not Queen, etc. However, years of reading Cracked on the subject has made me realize something more: Back To The Future--not just the first movie, but the entire trilogy--needs to be remade and/or released that year.

I personally envision the basic story being updated, with a more world-weary Marty McFly played by a young rising star who really is 17 years old, telling the whole story in one shot, removing elements of the original trilogy while tweaking others. For starters, all the pertinent dates would have to be bumped up 30 years: 1985 to 2015, 1955 to 1985, 2015 to 2045 and 1885 to 1915.

For Act 1, an element I think we could do without is Marty interfering with his parents' first meeting and having to create a different one in order to facilitate his and his siblings' existence. Let's face it, that was just a method of padding and the end result was horrifying. And instead of Libyans, Doc (who runs a home cryogenics firm with optional hand-held time machines) could be attacked by Neo-Nazis (of whom Biff is in charge) and something could actually be done about them rather than having them just crash and writing them off.

For Act 2, Marty could be frozen for 30 years (again) by Biff for what the former did to the latter's underlings. Biff, with no help from Marty, could get his hands on a set of vintage 1985 nuclear launch codes and give them to his younger self with a tweaked flux capacitor after Marty uses one himself once he's done taking in the sights of a world where he's been missing for three decades. After that, Marty could learn how his father died in 2003, taking the resistance with him, leading to a savage battle atop Biff's fortress before he goes back to 1985 to destroy the codes.

For Act 3, a mishap with a flux capacitor could send Marty back to the early years of Word War I, then called The Great War, where he meets Biff's great-grandfather, a German spy. Another battle inevitably ensues, culminating in an explosive (but not fatal) climax before Marty finally returns to his own unaltered time and learns to appreciate the world around him because it could always be worse.

Some of you may cringe, at best, from this thread's title alone, and the Nostalgia Critic did think the idea was stupid when asked him about it while he was in my neck of the woods this Summer, but I really think this or something like it should happen in three years. It's not my fandom that demands this, but rather, my autism. If this doesn't happen, I, if no one else, will be disappointed.
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Dec 22 2012 11:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

Absolutely no offense to you jprime, and I admire that you want this to happen and appreciate the franchise, but that sounds absolutely awful.

Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Dec 22 2012 10:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

There is no reason to remake the Back to the Future movies. They don't feel dated, even if we are almost to 2015.

You know what 80's movie should get a remake that was on TV the other day? The Last Starfighter. That thing feels dated as hell and if done right could be awesome.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

DarknessDeku
Title: Deku Scrub
PostPosted: Dec 23 2012 12:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

I heard that Justin Bieber was going to star in a new Back to the Future. I'm sure that's a hoax.

i'll_bite_your_ear wrote:
DarknessDeku is already assimilated by the bots.
He knows your algorithm.

BorneAgain
PostPosted: Dec 30 2012 02:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

It will actually be a meta film where a teenager has to ensure that Robert Zemeckis makes and releases Back to the Future in 1985 because the film is what caused his parents to meet, fall in love, and eventually give birth to him.
Hacker
Banned
PostPosted: Jan 02 2013 10:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

Nobody could possibly be that fucking stupid... could they?

That... that idea is horrid...
The franchise is fine as it is, and if it does get remade chances are they'll stick with the time-tested (no pun intented) story line.

Reply to topic

Jump to: