"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Worst Album Covers of All Time

Reply to topic
i'll_bite_your_ear
Title: Distillatoria
PostPosted: Dec 08 2012 05:03 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah. The title says it all. Just post the album covers yoo loathe the most.

On the Brain by Bromheads Jacket

Besides being a great album, it has a cover that makes no sense and looks like garbage. Well, what more can i say. It's disgusting.

Abbey Road by the Beatles

I'am aware of the fact that bashing classic bands like the Beatles is fucking pretentious but this is often called one of the greatest Album cover of all times and my oppinion just differs from that. It's a bunch of people crossing the street. Yeah... never seen that before. Ok it has a little more to offer than that, photographically it is well executed but yeah... that's about it. It's just famous because it is the Beatles. End of the story.

The Peoples Key by Bright Eyes

It looks like it is taken from some shitty flash animation. It just looks cheap out of place for an Bright Eyes Album.

Well that are all album covers i can think of right now. Maybe be edited in the future....

it was the best of times
it was the blurst of times

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Dec 08 2012 01:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Just goofy as fuck. Actually, this belongs in best album covers, my bad.

Look at this grotesque monster. Die.

Ky-Guy
Title: Obscure Nintendo Gamer
PostPosted: Dec 08 2012 03:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've seen websites listing the worst album covers of all time, and this one placed first in at least one of them:

Source: http://www.kweeper.com/timothee/image/319257

Syd Lexia wrote:
iPhone games are what you play when you can't get at actual games. You know, like how sometimes alcoholics drink mouthwash.

Lexiabot9000 wrote:
Your love life will be happy and harmonious if you stick to masturbating.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Dec 09 2012 01:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

I am pretty sure that Abbey Road is not one of the worst album covers of all time. With that being said...

I'm also honestly not a fan of the cover of the new MGMT album. I feel like it should be the cover of a crappy game boy game or something.

And, even though I absolutely adore Trust's music with all my heart, the cover of their album is, well...

i'll_bite_your_ear
PostPosted: Dec 09 2012 07:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron wrote:
I am pretty sure that Abbey Road is not one of the worst album covers of all time. With that being said...

It's like a kindergarten painting that the whole world praises so much because the child is so cute.

it was the best of times

Cameron
PostPosted: Dec 09 2012 07:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

i'll_bite_your_ear wrote:
Cameron wrote:

It's like a kindergarten painting that the whole world praises so much because the child is so cute.

Different strokes. I think their clothes combined with the symmetry of the way they're walking makes it looks pretty stylish. It sounds to me like the only reason you hate it is because everyone else likes it and the hype has alienated you, rather than anything against the painting itself. Razz

i'll_bite_your_ear
PostPosted: Dec 09 2012 08:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Different strokes. I think their clothes combined with the symmetry of the way they're walking makes it looks pretty stylish. It sounds to me like the only reason you hate it is because everyone else likes it and the hype has alienated you, rather than anything against the painting itself. Razz

Not at all. As i wrote before i think the cover has some qualitys, but it's just ridicolous to praise to so much as people tend to do. It is a very simple and in not in any way meaningful cover. It's just not very objectiv and obviously happens primary because peoples shut their brains of if some band just gets famous enough. That is what i criticize about it, rightfully.
As you wrote it yourself, it only works because of the hype. If the Pussycat Dolls would have this as their cover art, nobody ever would even give a rats ass about it.

it was the best of times

Cameron
PostPosted: Dec 09 2012 09:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Not at all. As i wrote before i think the cover has some qualitys, but it's just ridicolous to praise to so much as people tend to do. It is a very simple and in not in any way meaningful cover. It's just not very objectiv and obviously happens primary because peoples shut their brains of if some band just gets famous enough. That is what i criticize about it, rightfully.
As you wrote it yourself, it only works because of the hype. If the Pussycat Dolls would have this as their cover art, nobody ever would even give a rats ass about it.

True, it's not very meaningful, but I don't think an album cover needs to have some kind of uber-profound meaning behind it to be good. I get that you don't like the Beatles, but I feel like calling it one of the worst album covers of all time is a bit much. And if a group of attractive women had it as their cover art, I think someone would care. Razz

i'll_bite_your_ear
PostPosted: Dec 09 2012 09:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron wrote:
Cameron wrote:
Cameron wrote:

True, it's not very meaningful, but I don't think an album cover needs to have some kind of uber-profound meaning behind it to be good. I get that you don't like the Beatles, but I feel like calling it one of the worst album covers of all time is a bit much. And if a group of attractive women had it as their cover art, I think someone would care. Razz

I actually like the Beatles and i have listened too nearly every album they made. It's just this one cover i don't really like. I mean, most of the Beatles Album covers are not worth mentioning besides Srgt. Pepper. But Abbey Roads just gets to much praise for being mediocre. I have seen tons of better covers than that one. And no, if the Pussycat Dolls came up originally with a cover similar to Abbey Road, nobody wouldn't care even a single second for it. That is what i mainly dislike about the Abbey Road cover.

it was the best of times

JRA
PostPosted: Dec 16 2012 12:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

JoshWoodzy wrote:

Look at this grotesque monster. Die.

Yea, the other day it occurred to me how incredibly stupid this album cover is. She was trying to pander to metalheads here. But if she wanted to do that, she should have just made a metal record. Now she's making a statement that she was born as a Judas Priest reject, and I don't think that was the message she was hoping to convey.

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

LeshLush
PostPosted: Dec 19 2012 02:28 am Reply with quote Back to top

Adopting the temporary role Evander Holyfield, I'd like to state that I'm not a huge Beatles fan, but Abbey Road is legitimately one of the greatest album covers of all time.

Worst album cover ever. And by worst I mean my favorite.
abufi
PostPosted: Jan 03 2013 07:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

this fucking beauty right here.
i just
i mean i love this album it's got kyle thomas from exhorder on vox and he's strong as fuck on this record but i just...
fucking...
pffffffhahahaha
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Jan 03 2013 07:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the boards, abufi. And that cover is bodacious.

abufi
PostPosted: Jan 03 2013 08:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

thanks, bob ross man! i appreciate it!

it's... well, it's definitely metal. hahaha

Cameron
PostPosted: Jan 03 2013 11:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

abufi wrote:
this fucking beauty right here.

AMERICA

abufi
PostPosted: Jan 03 2013 11:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

dude that album cover is EXACTLY what the deep south is like
it's not really rednecks and businessmen that's just false portrayal by the media
you step outside your front door to get the paper every morning and you immediately get attacked by gay vikings
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Jan 04 2013 01:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

abufi wrote:
you step outside your front door to get the paper every morning and you immediately get attacked by gay vikings

My kinda place.

abufi
PostPosted: Jan 04 2013 11:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

^damn straight Laughing

also, how is poison's "look what the cat dragged in" not in here yet? Laughing i think it was put best on the main site - "nightmare-inducing."

Vert1
PostPosted: Jan 04 2013 07:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

DarknessDeku
Title: Deku Scrub
PostPosted: Jan 04 2013 07:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I like Nirvana, but the last thing I wanna see is some naked baby swimming in water.

DarknessDeku is already assimilated by the bots.
He knows your algorithm.

Reply to topic

Jump to: