"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The Many Masks of Michael Myers

Reply to topic
Michael Myers
Title: The Shape
PostPosted: Sep 22 2012 11:35 am Reply with quote Back to top

For anyone who's a fan of the franchise, you're well aware of the different looks I've had over the years. I've gone from menacing, to silly, to "what the fuck, lol". So I'll spare you the obvious stories behind my mask and it's origin and just take a look at the different ones over the years.

Halloween
Original, creepy. That's what I was going for. A classic look, if I do say so myself.

Halloween 2
Legend has it that this is the exact same mask from the first movie, but was stored badly and cut a bit to fit the actor better. It's creepy, but lacks a little something in the scare department.

Halloween 4
What the fuck, lol.

Halloween 5
I can't even make jokes about this one because it looks like pure rat ass. I dunno, I wasn't thinking straight clearly.

Halloween 6
Wouldn't be awful if it wasn't for the gigantic fucking ears. That pretty much kills all creep factor.

Halloween H20
Way better. Almost identical to the original mask with the exception of bigger eye holes. You can see my eyes multiple times in this film, and you rarely could in any others before it.

Halloween Resurrection
Now we're going back to shitty, wild ass frizzy hair and goofy mouth.

Rob Zombie's Halloween
Back to a good original style, lots of abrasions and tears and a good scary vibe, minus the big neck.

Overall, I hate to sound like one of those "original is always better!" kinda doofuses, but the mask from the first film is still my favorite. Now what about your opinions?
Leatherface
PostPosted: Sep 22 2012 12:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Michael Myers wrote:
For anyone who's a fan of the franchise, you're well aware of the different looks I've had over the years. I've gone from menacing, to silly, to "what the fuck, lol".

No you've gone from piece of shit to even more a piece of a shit.

No one's afraid of you cockgoblin.
Michael Myers
Title: The Shape
PostPosted: Sep 22 2012 01:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Shut up, Leathergay. Your mask could be put together by a retard, which it in fact was. Because technically you're a retard.
Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Sep 22 2012 02:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

My favorite is honestly the second one. I like how the way it looks so battered and bruised gives the viewer the sense that Myers is back and pissed. Oh, and that he can go through hell and back and not die. The one from H2O is pretty cool, too; the fact that you can so easily see his eyes makes him ever-so-slightly human, in a sense, which in turn makes him even more menacing because it makes (me) feel like someone like that could exist in real life.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Sep 22 2012 02:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'd almost agree Cam, except Part 2 takes place on the same night as the first movie, so it's weird to see a really different mask and it's an odd disconnect. That said, it's still a great mask, definitely my second favorite.

I'd rank them

1 - Halloween
2 - Halloween 2
3 - Halloween H20
4 - Rob Zombie Halloween
5 - Resurrection
6 - Halloween 6
7 - Halloween 4
8 - Halloween 5 because GodDAMN it is goofy looking beyond repair

Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Sep 22 2012 10:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I always hated that Jason's mask was destroyed in number 7, then he finds a replica COMPLETE WITH REPLICA MACHETE DAMAGE in the opening scenes of number 8, also known as Friday the 13th part 8: Jason Dicks Around On A Boat For Two Hours!

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Sep 26 2012 02:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Blackout wrote:
I always hated that Jason's mask was destroyed in number 7, then he finds a replica COMPLETE WITH REPLICA MACHETE DAMAGE in the opening scenes of number 8, also known as Friday the 13th part 8: Jason Dicks Around On A Boat For Two Hours!

I honestly like Manhattan more than Jason Goes to Hell. And I mean it.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Sep 26 2012 02:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

In one of the most famous bits of horror movie trivia, the original Halloween mask was a Shatner/Captain Kirk mask painted white and apparently slightly reshaped somehow. It's hard to see Shatner in that first picture, even if you know to look. In that Halloween 2 picture though, you can definitely see Shatner.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Sep 26 2012 04:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, they should have just stuck with the original because IT IS FUCKING HORRIFYING!

Reply to topic

Jump to: