"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Disney's Brave

Reply to topic
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Aug 29 2011 02:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think anyone's heard about this thing from Pixar yet. My only grief with it is that this was a woman's project, her creation; and she was taken off of it before it finished.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Fighter_McWarrior
Title: Gun of Brixton
PostPosted: Aug 29 2011 06:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This is a Disney Pixar movie that isn't "Cars", so just in that it's bound to be good. But on top of that, it's starring an actress that I'm kind of in love with. So yeah...pretty excited for this project.
dddddddd
PostPosted: Sep 02 2011 11:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

why was she taking off or do you know
Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Sep 03 2011 02:51 am Reply with quote Back to top

dddddddd wrote:
why was she taking off or do you know

All I can really seem to find is that Brenda Chapman had creative differences enough to be replaced by story artist Mark Andrews. She's also responsible for The Prince of Egypt's look. She'll still have a co-director credit for the film, which was originally going to be called The Bear and the Bow.

Cast includes:
Kelly Macdonald as Princess Merida
Julie Walters as the Witch
Billy Connolly as King Fergus
Emma Thompson as Queen Elinor
Kevin McKidd as Lord MacGuffin / Lord's son Young MacGuffin
Craig Ferguson as Lord Macintosh
Robbie Coltrane as Lord Dingwall

Looks to be a great film.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Sep 03 2011 11:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, other than Sir Connery (Who is retired), I think they hired every Scotsman in Hollywood.
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Nov 16 2011 07:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

heres the actual trailer:

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Dec 21 2011 08:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

The Dictionary.com entry on the word “Brave” lists ten different definitions. Number one is the most common usage: “possessing or exhibiting courage or courageous endurance.” Such as in Pixar’s 2012 movie, Brave. Move down the list and number four is “a warrior, especially among North American Indian tribes.” As in Major League Baseball’s Atlanta Braves. And while former usage is more common than the latter, the baseball organization has been around longer, owns the trademark on “Braves” and they’ve “formally filed an objection to many of the trademark applications” Pixar is seeking for their upcoming film. Read more after the jump.

This news comes from the trusted Disney news source Stitch Kingdom, whose report states though trademarks differentiate between the singular and plural use of a word, the Atlanta National League Baseball Club, who own the Braves, believe “that damages will occur as a result of Disney’s trademarks being approved as they have used the singular form before on merchandise and insist it is common for fans, media, et. al. to use the singular form when referring to a single player, whereas the pluralized form refers to the entire team.”

“Damages?” Really? More damaging than encouraging your fans to mock a tomahawk chop and be potentially insensitive to an entire group of people? And how can being associated with a potentially massive, family blockbuster movie be bad for a baseball team? No one is going to show up to the stadium thinking they’re seeing a movie or vice versa. It’s a pretty obvious and harmless distinction.

According to the article, discussions are on going between Disney and the Braves about how to settle this dispute.

Last year, Disney changed the name of this film from The Bear and the Bow to the more economical, catchier Brave. One would assume, worse case scenario, that’s always a fall back. But it probably won’t come to that.

-----

It's a load of crap. but at least there's a potential backup name around.

Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Dec 22 2011 02:29 am Reply with quote Back to top

This looks really promising. Besides, it's about Scottish people.

https://discord.gg/homestuck is where you can find me literally 99% of the time. Stop on by if you feel like it, we're a nice crowd.

Alowishus
PostPosted: Dec 22 2011 12:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Girl wants a mans place in society doing heroic stuff. Mother says no. At some point she is called on to assist in a task because something has happened that the men can't do it alone/at all.

She does it and saves the day, someone probably dies during it. Comes back a hero. The end.

Sure has been done to death this plotline....
Optimist With Doubts
Title: Titlating
PostPosted: Dec 23 2011 12:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

The braves are stopping disney from trademarking the name, not using it as a title. Also you can oversimplify every movie and make it sound dumb. There are whole memes about it.

Bob Dylan`s Blues
Title: Worlds Strongest Man
PostPosted: Dec 23 2011 01:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

Alowishus wrote:
Girl wants a mans place in society doing heroic stuff. Mother says no. At some point she is called on to assist in a task because something has happened that the men can't do it alone/at all.

She does it and saves the day, someone probably dies during it. Comes back a hero. The end.

Sure has been done to death this plotline....

Pixar. Nuff said.
Alowishus
PostPosted: Dec 23 2011 03:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Optimist With Doubts wrote:
The braves are stopping disney from trademarking the name, not using it as a title. Also you can oversimplify every movie and make it sound dumb. There are whole memes about it.

Well we will see if anything else happens.

Why i say this is because Pixar usually produce some really interesting storylines but this is just bland.
Optimist With Doubts
PostPosted: Dec 23 2011 11:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Star wars is one of the best movies made. It follows the basic hero foundation.

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Jun 23 2012 02:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

Just got back from seeing this. I planned to see it late so there wouldn't be a lot of shrieking children in the aisles. It's a very good film and it flies by at a steady clip. It was great to hear Craig Ferguson and Billy Connolly in the same film.

The traditional short before the main attraction was pretty good as well; and more than once it reminded me of Super Mario Galaxy.

Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Jun 23 2012 05:00 am Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:
Just got back from seeing this. I planned to see it late so there wouldn't be a lot of shrieking children in the aisles. It's a very good film and it flies by at a steady clip. It was great to hear Craig Ferguson and Billy Connolly in the same film.

The traditional short before the main attraction was pretty good as well; and more than once it reminded me of Super Mario Galaxy.

Shit, seeing this now.

https://discord.gg/homestuck is where you can find me literally 99% of the time. Stop on by if you feel like it, we're a nice crowd.

UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: Jun 23 2012 09:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

It was pretty good. I approve.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jun 23 2012 10:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

They say that discretion is the better part of valor. Maybe that's why Disney/Pixar's latest project, Brave, plays it safe and predictable.

^ I have no idea if that's true, I'm just practicing writing like a jaded film critic.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Jun 23 2012 09:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

saw it w/my niece. we both enjoyed it. had funny and sad parts and there werent any slow parts to the movie so that kept our interest up.

i didnt see the pizza planet truck though, so that saddens me. unless it was in the witches house w/all the wood carvings.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Optimist With Doubts
PostPosted: Jun 23 2012 11:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
They say that discretion is the better part of valor. Maybe that's why Disney/Pixar's latest project, Brave, plays it safe and predictable.

^ I have no idea if that's true, I'm just practicing writing like a jaded film critic.

"Brave, despite its title, does little to distance itself from the formulaic princesses films of yesteryear. Any innovation this film may bring was brought up plenty in Amy Adam's Enchanted. Beautiful visuals but nothing you couldn't find in a documentary about Scotland." #moderncritique

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Jul 09 2012 06:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

username wrote:
i didnt see the pizza planet truck though, so that saddens me. unless it was in the witches house w/all the wood carvings.

Just posted on Pixar's fb page:

LeshLush
PostPosted: Jul 09 2012 06:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:

What does being predictable have to do with being discrete or making a sound judgment? Practice more.
UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: Jul 09 2012 09:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

LeshLush wrote:
Syd Lexia wrote:

What does being predictable have to do with being discrete or making a sound judgment? Practice more.

Look up. See that thing way up there? That's the joke that went over your head.
Reply to topic

Jump to: