"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The Walking Dead Season 3

Reply to topic
@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Mar 04 2013 08:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I learned not to pick up hitchhikers from Cross Country USA.

Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Mar 09 2013 11:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

Finally got caught up last night. I think Morgan is going to be the instrument that makes Rick realize that he can't push everyone away. I particularly enjoyed the end of the episode:

Rick: "Can you drive?"
Michonne: "Yeah."
Rick: "Good, cuz I see things."

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

JohnnyBenz
Title: The nip killer
PostPosted: Mar 10 2013 03:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't seen any of this show yet. I shall now chastise myself.
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Mar 10 2013 10:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Man, loving these tense episodes. HATING the people bitching that there isn't enough zombie killing. It's not a show about slaughtering walkers, you fucking retards.

Cattivo
PostPosted: Mar 11 2013 10:18 am Reply with quote Back to top

A good enough episode, but it's hard not to notice that the regular show doesn't do great episodes like last week's that often. The drop in quality was quite apparent.

Once again, Andrea is the worst. At least it looks like she'll be working against the Governor from within now.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Mar 12 2013 05:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Question, because my boss and I disagreed on this.

My impression was that Rick had decided he was going to war and he wanted Hershel to talk him out of it.

My boss's impression was that Rick wanted to give up Michonne and he wanted Hershel to talk him out of that.

Who do you guys think is right?
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Mar 12 2013 07:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Question, because my boss and I disagreed on this.

My impression was that Rick had decided he was going to war and he wanted Hershel to talk him out of it.

My boss's impression was that Rick wanted to give up Michonne and he wanted Hershel to talk him out of that.

Who do you guys think is right?

Your boss. That's clearly what they were talking about. It could be argued your way, but that's what they were talking about before and after, so I'm inclined to agree with your boss.

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Mar 13 2013 09:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

Thirding after Josh and the boss. Also, I liked how this ep was handled. Especially when Andrea was told to get out of it.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Mar 14 2013 05:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cattivo wrote:
A good enough episode, but it's hard not to notice that the regular show doesn't do great episodes like last week's that often. The drop in quality was quite apparent.

This. Not to say that the last episode was anywhere near bad, but the episode a couple of weeks back that focused on Rick, Carl and Michonne was so intense and emotional that I really wish they'd continue making episodes that just focus on two or three people at a time.

Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Mar 16 2013 05:06 am Reply with quote Back to top

Oh cool they finally showed what happened to that first guy that saved Rick, that's been bugging me for a while. I like how he went apeshit and booby trapped the entire town, and stabbed Rick, that was great.

Sarge
Title: The Self-Titler
PostPosted: Mar 19 2013 06:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm calling bullshit on the horror movie move of the Last Second Got You.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mar 19 2013 09:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sarge wrote:
I'm calling bullshit on the horror movie move of the Last Second Got You.

That was so fucking ridiculous.

And Rick saw her! And here was Rick's thought process:

"It's Andrea! I think. I'm pretty sure that was Andrea. Oh wait, I'm crazy. It was probably nothing."
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Cattivo
PostPosted: Mar 20 2013 11:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

The zombies are pretty much ninjas now too. They arise out of nowhere, in areas that were empty three seconds earlier. They're supposed to be slow.

While Andrea was getting grabbed by that zombie behind the tree, two hippie-looking zombies appeared in front of her, right where she was looking, and which was empty right beforehand.

Two weeks previously when Rick, Carl & Michonne got their car stuck, they got surrounded by zombies out of no where, when the establishing shot showed nothing but a few wrecked cars.

Real ridiculous pattern.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mar 20 2013 02:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That happened to Dale too. Walking around in a big empty field, sees a mauled cow, turns around, ZOMBIE. And it was the weak, emaciated zombie that was stuck in the mud before too.
anorexorcist
Title: Polar Bear
PostPosted: Mar 24 2013 03:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I too was glad to see Morgan a couple of episodes back, ever since the first episode I was wondering when (if ever) we would see him again. Was hoping we might see him more often than just that episode but it doesn't look like it.

Did anyone feel Glenn and Maggie's make-up sex scene went a little long? Unless you are showing boobs to excite the audience, I don't see the point in a drawn out sex scene (unless it just seemed longer to me because of who I was watching it with). That and a couple other points in the show made me think "oh, they didn't have enough story to fill out the whole episode" because a couple of times it seemed like a scene was taking longer than necessary.

Lawyers, Guns and Money

Cattivo
PostPosted: Mar 25 2013 11:25 am Reply with quote Back to top

The sex scene did go on a little long. Was a bit surprised by that. They occasionally seem to be stretching stuff out, possibly to fill time, but it's much better compared to how obvious and rampant it was last year.

Another good episode last night, with an enjoyable exit by Merle. Rick considering the Guv's offer was a bit jarring, though. Desperation can make it understandable, however.
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Mar 25 2013 11:49 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I just saw that as the writers attempt at making Rick look colder and grittier. No one thought he was gonna actually go through with it.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mar 25 2013 12:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Poor Merle. Sad
Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: Mar 25 2013 11:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I was really liking Merle this season Sad

The kiss of death in The Walking Dead: A character becomes likable , they redeem themselves, or they suddenly get monologues where they once just had a line or two.

Merle had more places to go.

AMC is showing their Walking Dead marathon right now too. Looks like they're still in season 1.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mar 27 2013 01:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I feel like killing off Merle was a mistake, as the group is way too small right now. Yes, Merle evened the odds a little bit in Sunday's episode, but they still needed him.
Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Mar 27 2013 01:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
I feel like killing off Merle was a mistake, as the group is way too small right now. Yes, Merle evened the odds a little bit in Sunday's episode, but they still needed him.

I never really thought about how tiny the group has become until Rick's speech when it showed everyone sitting outside. There's only nine people left in the group, not including Andrea.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mar 27 2013 02:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That is exactly what made me think of it, that exact shot.
Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Mar 29 2013 02:41 am Reply with quote Back to top

Speaking of Zombies being Ninjas, anyone remember the Zombie climbing the chain link fence in the season 1 episode where Rick and Glen try to sneak around covered in guts?

If Zombies can climb chain link fences, how come they haven't been doing it every other time they were foiled by fences?

I caught that episode during their marathon and that scene really stuck out as odd.

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Mar 29 2013 07:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

Blackout wrote:
Speaking of Zombies being Ninjas, anyone remember the Zombie climbing the chain link fence in the season 1 episode where Rick and Glen try to sneak around covered in guts?

If Zombies can climb chain link fences, how come they haven't been doing it every other time they were foiled by fences?

The completely different writers' group forgot.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mar 29 2013 07:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

That's no excuse. There should be a digital show bible that explains this stuff and is easily searchable so that changes in writing teams don't fuck things up.
Reply to topic

Jump to: