"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Live Action Rurouni Kenshin movie

Reply to topic
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: May 09 2012 04:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

I could've sworn I'd posted about this thing somewhere before, but all searches come up with nothing.

So Warner Brothers has been producing, via Studio Swan, a live action version of the batousai's story set for a Japanese release at the end of August this year. Furthermore, the staff "aims to release the film internationally and eventually make a series."

If Kenshin's actor looks familiar, you're obviously a fan of Kamen Rider Den-O. Takeru Satoh plays Himura. Personally, I cannot wait to see this thing no matter how good or bad it turns out. I'm sort of curious how long the whole thing will be if it's covering stuff from the attack on Konryu Takeda's castle (the gatling gun was in the trailer) up to Saito's vendetta against Kenshin.
i'll_bite_your_ear
Title: Distillatoria
PostPosted: May 10 2012 01:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Doesn't look to bad. I read all the Mangas so naturally i'm intrigued. If the choreography is good and there's a lot of fighting going on i will be pleased. The Megumi actress if freakin hot by the way. I'm sad that there will be no Shishio in the movie. He's my favorite villian in the series and he has to be awesome in a life-action movie with his flame controlling ability and his obscure monstrous appearance.

it was the best of times
it was the blurst of times

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: May 11 2012 02:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, it sucks that they can't get to Makoto Shishio but thaty would be a daunting task to cover the series from start to (proper finish....the Christianity arc afterward sucked hard). Looking at one point, the actor for Aoshi reminded me of Enishi from the OVAs.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

i'll_bite_your_ear
Title: Distillatoria
PostPosted: May 11 2012 07:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe there will be more than one movie and there will be a movie with Shishio in too.

it was the best of times
it was the blurst of times

Reply to topic

Jump to: