"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Is "Monsters" on Netflix?

Reply to topic
Skinr
Title: Minituae Guru
PostPosted: Apr 29 2012 06:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, anyone remember the late 80s/early 90s television series "Monsters"? It was an anthology series kind of like "Tales From the Darkside" or similar fare. I'd love to watch it, but I'm having a little trouble.

When I type "Monsters" into the Netflix search bar, I am rewarded with every single movie or TV show that has the word "monster" in the title or description.

Like most search things, it doesn't differentiate between plural and singular. Unlike most searches, however, there's no advanced search option. So if I wanted to filter it by year, or whether or not it was a movie or TV series? Too damn bad. I've spent upwards of half an hour combing through all 200-odd pages of results, with only frustration as a reward.

Anyway, my point is this: does anyone know if this show is available? If so, can you please provide the link? Sorry I can't provide much in the way of thanks, but if you're on deviantART, I could make something for you.

EDIT: Another troublesome title, the 1980's monster movie "The Brain". Same dealio as above.

Optimist With Doubts
Title: Titlating
PostPosted: Apr 29 2012 08:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Instantwatcher.com is a bit easier in terms of searches. Neither of your options came up in my searches

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Apr 29 2012 09:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've never seen it on Netflix, but they play "Monsters" marathons on the cable channel "Chiller" every once in a while, and yes I used to love it and it's fantastic. It was definitely "goofier" than other similar shows, but still a blast to watch.

Also, I've never heard of this website, but it's selling a 9 DVD set that has every episode of the series.

http://www.sell.com/274Z63

Skinr
Title: Minituae Guru
PostPosted: May 01 2012 11:00 am Reply with quote Back to top

I might be wrong, but that looks suspiciously like a bootleg set. After all, I've seen a bootleg collection of Captain N for sale at Midtown Comics in NYC; either way, I have no money to spend online. Hence, Notflix.

Reply to topic

Jump to: