SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Titanic 3D

Reply to topic
Beach Bum
PostPosted: Apr 12 2012 12:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It has been a while and I'm not sure my Mom even still has the thing and if she does she doesn't have a VCR anymore. From what I recall most of the movie was on the first tape but like half an hour or 45 minutes was on the second. It may have had some extended scenes or something for all I know, but I think I only watched it twice so I doubt I could tell if it had. That or the UK censored more than the one scene and enough got cut to fit it onto a single tape lol.
@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Apr 12 2012 01:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I looked it up and the European version is 189 minutes while the US version is 194 minutes.

Alowishus
PostPosted: Apr 12 2012 01:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

"A VHS cassette holds a maximum of about 430 m (1,410 ft.) of tape at the lowest acceptable tape thickness, giving a maximum playing time of about 4 hours in an DF480 for NTSC and five hours in an E-300 for PAL at "standard play" (SP) quality."

So basically they wanted it to be mad as fuck by putting it on two tapes lol.
@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Apr 12 2012 02:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, there are a few formats (SP, LP, SLP/EP) available. SP gives you two hours of play time, LP is four hours and SLP/EP is six hours. The more a tape can hold, the faster the play/record speed, which in turn means a higher quality picture. SLP/EP is higher quality but does not last as long because of the faster play speed, as that wears the tape out faster. I am guessing they chose SP so the cassettes would last a longer time.

Reply to topic

Jump to: