"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Aeonic's new gee-tar!

Reply to topic
aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Mar 06 2012 06:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

So, as some of you know, I'd started learning how to play guitar when I picked up Rocksmith. Unfortunately, I lost my job a short time thereafter and my drive to play really diminished despite my newfound massive free time. Anyhow, recently I started back up again, primarily because my wife squirreled some cash away to help me get this:

I was playing a black Epiphone Jurior before that, but the jack was all messed up and it didn't register some of the notes when I'd play Rocksmith and I didn't feel like re-soldering the loose connection; it was a pawn shop guitar anyhow, so I'm only out like fifty on that one.

This new one's a Sky guitar, apparently they're some company that mainly does pipe fittings and other plumbing equipment and shit but also makes guitars. I know their acoustics get trashed roundly, but this one's got pretty good sound and she got it for like a hundred bucks. She'd heard me talking about a flying V for a long time, mostly because I have trouble with weird arm proportions getting around the body. So, yeah, new guitar. Woo!

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

Ross Rifle
Title: Rock N Roll God
PostPosted: Mar 06 2012 03:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sweet dude! Rocksmith is pretty wonderful. My girlfriend just got me this bad boy for my birthday:

The Korina body is a Limited Edition of 90. So badass.

And it's right between a Les Paul and a Strat tone-wise, so it is exactly what I've been looking for.

Does anybody here have a Ross Rifle?
www.thetwowordsmusic.com
www.myspace.com/rossrifle

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Mar 06 2012 05:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Nice guitars, guys.

That second image is ridiculously large.

Ross Rifle
Title: Rock N Roll God
PostPosted: Mar 06 2012 06:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I know, it can't even fit in a bass case *rimshot*

Does anybody here have a Ross Rifle?
www.thetwowordsmusic.com
www.myspace.com/rossrifle

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Rake
Title: Guitarrorist
PostPosted: Mar 21 2012 02:51 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm curious about the pickups in terms of configuration, and make too if they're labelled.

Now, is that a V? It looks like a Rhoads shape to me (one fin longer than the other) and those are way cooler than straight V's if you ask me.

As far as playing those sitting down, you want to sit it between yourself. Get your right thigh nice and snug in the gap between fins, so the neck is basically tilted a bit under 45 degrees. For the roads and V shapes you might need to elevate your left leg a bit to make up for the lack of guitar body there, in which case flattening your right foot against the ground and stacking your left foot ontop is one of the simplest ways to go about it. Might feel a bit funky at first, but play with your strap on too for a bit of support until you get used to it. Its a great position to learn to play in, and you'll start to notice how much easier scales and lead playing are with the neck tilted and closer to you - doubly so if you're sporting something with jumbo frets!

Top 3 bands of the week

bassguy252
Title: Professional Malcontent
PostPosted: Apr 06 2012 02:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

I love my baby Smile a warwick vampyre, the tone is amazing! it rarely every goes out of tune and it is just one sexy, sexy guitar Smile

Let's assume it's a mixture of the two!

View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Reply to topic

Jump to: