SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Insanity

Reply to topic
GPFontaine
PostPosted: Oct 18 2011 12:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I have done P90X 3.5 times and finally had to stop it about 11 months ago because Tony Horton's voice was beginning to cause me mental anguish. Don't get me wrong, I like the videos, I just couldn't take the repetitiveness anymore. I have been plenty busy during my time off from the workouts with a consistent 4 day a week martial arts routine. My wife on the other hand has only been doing a once a week Zumba class and is itching to get back into a more intense regimen.

That is where Insanity comes in. It is a fast paced high end workout that is designed to step up one's physical level.

We have a plan to take on the 60 day program in 90 days (so that it fits with my martial arts and her Zumba).

My goal: Trick my body into thinking it is 23 years old. I've got abs already... maybe lower my weight by 5lb for a little more speed and increase my explosive strength. Hell, I might even be able to do a stylish 540 kick when I'm done with this.

My ulterior motive: Enjoy having a hot wife who continues to remain in great shape.

Today was Day 1. We did the fitness test... LOL. Fucking fitness test was hard! I was able to complete it without feeling like death, but my wife was hurting badly. It gives a good heads up on what we will be seeing tomorrow on the first true routine. Honestly, I'm a bit nervous because tonight is my Kempo + BJJ night, so 3 hours of physical exercise today may not bode well for tomorrow. I'll do as much as I can and see what it is like. Wednesdays might need to be my main recovery day starting next week.

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Oct 18 2011 01:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

heh, good luck homie

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Atma
Title: Dragoon
PostPosted: Oct 18 2011 04:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

A lot of guys on base do this program.

They say the title fits it perfectly.
Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Oct 18 2011 05:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Insanity works. I did a 60 day cycle of it over the summer. It's absolutely not something I could keep up long term, but I'm going to do it three times a year. My next cycle begins December. If you do it right, you'll be happy with the results, GPF.

P90X is for pussies.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

JRA
PostPosted: Oct 18 2011 09:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

and here I thought "Insanity" was a polite understatement for last week's dog shit ugly Raw.

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

GPFontaine
PostPosted: Oct 19 2011 08:28 am Reply with quote Back to top

So... yesterday I did the Fit Test and then Kempo and Jujitsu... not smart. I'll be taking the mornings off for Tuesdays from now on. I was absolutely running on empty for my rolls yesterday.

Today we did our first workout. It was hard. It wasn't insane though. I couldn't keep up through the whole thing, but it felt like getting to the point where I could is a manageable goal. Without a doubt this thing is going to improve my endurance and burst speed... if it doesn't blow out my knees before I get there.

The diet portion is so much easier than P90X... mostly because I never really stopped eating healthy after the previous diet system. I had to include more vegetables and quantity of protein and that was pretty much it.

I feel pretty good and look forward to progressing through the program.

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Oct 25 2011 05:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Add me to the ranks. Just acquired the Insanity Deluxe set yesterday, and I am going to start the first Disc today.

I have never been exactly strong or ripped, but was always slender and lean. Then, I got a desk job and married. (Which means three meals a day, instead of 2 meals a day on the run, one of which was usually ramen.)

4 years ago, I was about 165lbs. Which standing at 6'0", was pretty good. Now I am few notches away from 200. So it's time to do something about it. I have done some research, and this sounds like the challenge I need. I get bored at the gym, hate treadmills, and don't play sports anymore. So, this seems like a challenge that will make me WANT to keep doing it, just to say I can beat it.

I'll keep everyone posted on the results as I go.
GPFontaine
PostPosted: Oct 26 2011 08:06 am Reply with quote Back to top

Knyte,

Good luck!

Just know that the first week hurts more than anything and you have to power through it. By the time you get to the second week, you will be over the hurdle and it will be mentally easier to begin each day's exercise.

Out of curiosity, are you doing the 60 days plan? At this point my wife and I are on a 90 day cycle.

Last night during Jujitsu training I had someone give me a horrible dead leg. So I am sidelined from working out this morning. I'll be back into it this evening or at the latest tomorrow.

yedereL
PostPosted: Oct 29 2011 11:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Have fun...
GPFontaine
PostPosted: Oct 30 2011 05:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Oh... I am. Fun fun fun fun fun.. .ouch.

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Oct 31 2011 03:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Start the 60 day cycle today when I get home from work!

I will cry all about it tomorrow.
Reply to topic

Jump to: