[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Any White Wolf game fans in here?

Reply to topic
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Aug 31 2011 07:17 am Reply with quote Back to top

courtesy of rpgamer.net

White Wolf is coming at the rest of this year and all of the next very strong, especially compared to previous years. They have some new stuff and the revival of some old things that have me very excited.

To start, WW is planning on supporting old World of Darkness game lines; starting with September's Dust to Dust for Vampire: the Masquerade, and the Werewolf: the Apocalypse SAS the following September. Winter 2011 will see the release of a companion volume to the twentieth anniversary edition, then spring 2012 will give gamers Children of the Revolution for V:tM and The Hunters: Hunted 2 for late 2012 or early 2013. Also announced was that Werewolf will be receiving a twentieth anniversary treatment similar to Vampire starting with a rules conversion PDF in February, if you don't feel like doing the work you can pick up the big hardcover 20th anniversary book the following fall. Speaking of conversion guides, Mage will also be getting one of it's own in December of 2012.

But if you're more interested in something new, look forward to next August's Mummy: the [gerund unannounced], which gets two equally vaguely detailed supplements in the following September and Decemeber.

For all the existing lines: Vampire gets a look at paranormal romance in Strange, Dead Love (November 2011), and a look at clan politics in Secrets of the Covenants (May 2012). Mage gets its epic power guide with Imperial Mysteries (Dec 2011) and two new convention books for summer 2012. Changeling: the Lost gets a Victorian-era sourcebook with Victorian Lost in March 2012. The New World of Darkness core line gets the House Divided, a four part storyline, released quarterly over the course of 2012.

For Exalted, look out for Masters of Jade in February 2012, Shards of the Exalted Dream in June, and Scroll of the Monk, Vol. II: Scattered Lotus Petals in November.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

i'll_bite_your_ear
Title: Distillatoria
PostPosted: Aug 31 2011 08:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

The new Mage book is interesting. I only play Werewolf: the Forsaken and Vampire: Requiem so the revival of the older series is not of an interest.

it was the best of times
it was the blurst of times

UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: Aug 31 2011 09:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting. The whiners complained loud enough. Works for me, I like old WW a lot more.
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Aug 31 2011 02:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

UsaSatsui wrote:
Works for me, I like old WW a lot more.

Agreed.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Aug 31 2011 05:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

My current D&D game has a totally homebrew setting, but we use the old WoD: Moral character sheets and die system. Works out well for us.

So really this doesn't apply, but it's cool all the same. WW does good stuff.

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Aug 31 2011 10:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I heard they were doing an anniversary V:TM guidebook for it's twentieth, but that they're supporting the old lines again is pretty interesting. Kind of hard to see where they're going to go with all of it after the Time of Thin Blood and Gehenna sourcebooks and all, although I suppose they'll just make them non-canon? I've played oWoD and nWoD, so it should be interesting to see if they keep supporting both or move back to one or the other.

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

Reply to topic

Jump to: