SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Summerslam (spoilers)

Reply to topic
JRA
PostPosted: Aug 14 2011 11:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Punk got screwed, but at least Alberto Del Rio is finally champion.

Honestly, all Money in the Bank does is give someone a justifiable excuse to do what Hogan did to Yokozuna at Wrestlemania 9.

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Aug 14 2011 11:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Kevin Nash? What the fuck was that? That didn't make any sense! What, is Nash upset that Punk stole his gimmick of shamelessly putting himself over? Punk does it better, because at least he can wrestle.

It was a good PPV until the end. Do they still use Hollywood writers? They must. That was some dumb fucking M. Night Shyamalan bullshit at the end there. We can't end the PPV without some stupid twist. Hell, we got THREE stupid twists!

1. Cena's foot was on the rope
2. Kevin Nash
3. Del Rio pins Punk

"Punk doesn't need the title because he's already over."

That's a crap argument. Anyone who uses that argument ever in regards to anyone should die.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Aug 14 2011 11:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Was HBK there?

No?

Meh.

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

JRA
PostPosted: Aug 14 2011 11:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

1. I can kinda forgive that, because that's the way [SPOILER:059ecaf5f9]Ricky Steamboat vs. Ric Flair 2/3 Falls Rajun Cajun 89[/SPOILER:059ecaf5f9] ends, and that's pretty much the greatest match ever.

2. Yea, I don't really understand that either. Now if it was Razor Ramon, that would have been awesome! Mr. Green

3. Again, "Money in the Bank" is license to do what Hogan did to Yokozuna at the end of Wrestlemania 9. It's a cute strategic maneuver, but bad booking.

and yea, "Punk's already over" is a bad argument. He's been over since what...2009? It's not that the IWC want the WWF to put him over, it's that they want them to make Punk as the face of the company and John Cena to GTFO.

Still, this news didn't piss me off nearly as much as Christian losing the championship to Randy Orton....again. At least they let him keep it warm for awhile and had him lose it on a PPV. An RKO out of nowhere is becoming more predictable than the Legdrop 123.

and Hawk, there's no reason for HBK to be there, but where is that quote from Syd from? That's awesome! Laughing

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Aug 15 2011 07:48 am Reply with quote Back to top

It's not that I specifically mind a leg-on-the-rope finish, it's just the entire situation is a mess.

You have Cena, who gets a mixed reaction from the fans, losing to fan favorite CM Punk in a non-clean finish. So you have Punk winning the match without letting him go over Cena. That's the sort of booking guys like Hogan and HBK were known for. Oh sure, you can have the belt, but I'm going to make sure the match is booked to make me look better than you. And then you have Del Rio grab the title.

So I guess they're setting up Cena vs. Del Rio, since Del Rio has the title and Cena can claim he never lost it.

Also, is professional wrestling the only sport left where referees don't have access to instant replay and a referee's call can't be challenged?
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
JRA
PostPosted: Aug 19 2011 05:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I just realized something.

Instant Replay was how HBK won that Royal Rumble.

SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Aug 22 2011 10:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Okay I love wrestling. But hearing the Edmonton crowd start a MASSIVE "lets go Oilers!" chant during a boring Cena/Punk match on Raw tonight totally made my week. God I love Canada.

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Reply to topic

Jump to: