"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The Legend of Zelda: Link to the Future

Reply to topic
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: May 31 2011 01:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

i'll_bite_your_ear
Title: Distillatoria
PostPosted: May 31 2011 02:54 am Reply with quote Back to top

Username posted that before on facebook. I thougth it was great.

it was the best of times
it was the blurst of times

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: May 31 2011 11:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

I laughed.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
i'll_bite_your_ear
PostPosted: May 31 2011 11:32 am Reply with quote Back to top

I liked most when Link said: "What happens in the future, do we become assholes or something?".

it was the best of times

GPFontaine
PostPosted: May 31 2011 11:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

Ah jeeze... what a shitty game.

UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: May 31 2011 12:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

And now the timeline makes sense.

...hey, I liked Link's Awakening!
Doddsino
PostPosted: May 31 2011 01:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Why all the hate for Link's Awakening? I liked that game a lot. The video was pretty good, besides that.

http://99chan.org/vg/src/130557576848.jpg

I always wondered why Miyamoto decided to say that Ocarina of Time took place before all the other games? That essentially began to confuse everyone on the events timeline overall. I wasn't even aware that there are actually 2 timelines...jesus christ.

And how the fuck does Twilight Princess take place between LOZ and LOZ 2?
LordHuffnPuff
Title: Mahna Mahna
PostPosted: May 31 2011 03:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Dodds, that video isn't explaining the actual timeline, it's a joke.

OoT was the first game... when it released. Obviously that doesn't neccessarily hold true now.

Basically, the timeline splits during OoT. Adult Link's future goes on to Wind Waker. Remember at the end of OoT, when Young Link returns to his own time? That timeline is the one you see in Twilight Princess, where Ganon never makes his ploy to kidnap Zelda and is tried by the council of sages.

Lots of games have unsure placements though. The confirmed facts are:

Any game with the Master Sword in it takes place after Skyward Sword, which is supposedly the first game chronologically right now.

OoT (Young Link Timeline) -> MM -> TP

OoT (Adult Timeline) -> WW -> PH -> ST

MC -> FS ->FSA

LoZ -> AoL

OoA <-> OoS

We also know that ALttP comes after OoT somewhere because OoT's events are alluded to. Oracles likely come after AoL because Ganondorf is still dead at that point.

Probably a bit more but I'm tired of thinking about it.

____________҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̿̿̿̕̚̕̚͡͡҉҉)___________
I am currently on an extended hiatus from the IRC chat room. If you need me, send a PM and I will get back to you as promptly as I am able.

View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: May 31 2011 03:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Doddsino wrote:
I always wondered why Miyamoto decided to say that Ocarina of Time took place before all the other games? That essentially began to confuse everyone on the events timeline overall.

Not really. Where things got all wonky was with Majora's Mask.
Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: May 31 2011 03:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Back on the previous blog I belonged to, Zelda Blog, this was an endless subject of debate. I recommend you all stop right now because all you'll manage to do is bring yourself massive headaches.

That having been said... Huff's analysis of the situation is more accurate, Ocarina of Time is regarded as the catalyst to almost the entire timeline of the Zelda universe, with the time frame becoming split. Some people have speculated that the stranger and less visited areas of the Zelda universe (such as Holodrum, Labrynna, Koholint Island) are actually a part of the Termina world, as opposed to Hyrule, and that the barrier seperating the two worlds become thin around those areas.

In short, it's a giant mind fuck and no one knows. The general format is unofficially officially labeled as this, though, with games concerning Hyrule put as the focus:

Skyward Sword->OoT (leading to MM)->TP->the other games, like LttP (some people say the Imprisoning War of Zelda canon was actually the Twilight Realms invasion of the light world).
But then OoT branches off into Wind Waker, as well. Which leads to the DS games and possibly Minish Cap. Minish Cap is sort of a weird one, because the Kin Stone system and its departure from Ganon as an antagonist suggest it's not even the same Hyrule as any of the other games. But it could also be the same place as Four Swords Adventures, which would explain the reappearance of Vaati.

I've spent so much time speculating this it's hard for me not to rant about it, sorry guys...

OH! Another thing I forgot to mention: along with the Twilight Invasion, the Imprisoning War mentioned in LttP is also more possibly the same fight waged by the people from Twilight Princess that became the Twili, the dark wizards and what not. It would also explain the Dark World in LttP.

Termina has been stated by some to be in the same world as Hyrule, but many disagree, seeing as the same gods don't even exist. Just saying.

https://discord.gg/homestuck is where you can find me literally 99% of the time. Stop on by if you feel like it, we're a nice crowd.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: May 31 2011 04:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I know people who insist that Miyamoto had this timeline in his head when he created the first Zelda game and it's hilarious. It's much more simple to just think that he literally made up the story as he went along, and it's also much more probable.

snilbog
Title: The Original Boogeyman
PostPosted: Jun 01 2011 05:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Screw the timeline. Does it really matter?

Link sounds like a pre-pubescent Philip Fry.

Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Jun 01 2011 09:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If you're a big fan of the series, it does kind of matter. They put in allusions to the other games in the series, and it's hard for us /not/ to piece together how this is happening.

https://discord.gg/homestuck is where you can find me literally 99% of the time. Stop on by if you feel like it, we're a nice crowd.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Jun 01 2011 09:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

snilbog wrote:
Screw the timeline. Does it really matter?

Link sounds like a pre-pubescent Philip Fry.

I do believe the inspiration for Fry's voice was Marty McFly, which was who the guy was trying to sound like.

Also, since this is a Zelda topic, I was recently playing my gray cartridge of OoT, and it never occurred to me that it's the 1.0 version with the red Ganon blood and glitches, which is supposedly fairly rare.
i'll_bite_your_ear
PostPosted: Jun 01 2011 10:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Doddsino wrote:

Also, since this is a Zelda topic, I was recently playing my gray cartridge of OoT, and it never occurred to me that it's the 1.0 version with the red Ganon blood and glitches, which is supposedly fairly rare.

Nice Smile. Whats the price for it?

it was the best of times

Doddsino
PostPosted: Jun 02 2011 12:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

No idea, I heard someone online say they've seen them go for a few hundred dollars, but I think that's BS, since what would stop someone from just swapping out the chip, since both gold and gray aren't hard to come by.
snilbog
Title: The Original Boogeyman
PostPosted: Jun 02 2011 01:05 am Reply with quote Back to top

Drew Linky wrote:
If you're a big fan of the series, it does kind of matter. They put in allusions to the other games in the series, and it's hard for us /not/ to piece together how this is happening.

I love the Zelda series, but the timeline is absolutely ridiculous. I have a friend who goes crazy over deciphering it; I just think of them as the same legend told in a different way.

Doddsino wrote:
I do believe the inspiration for Fry's voice was Marty McFly

How 'bout that? Phil's based after Jim Stark and Marty.

Reply to topic

Jump to: