[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
TNA's Victory Road 2011 Main Event Train Wreck

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Mar 13 2011 11:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So, this was the main event to TNA's Victory Road PPV:

Sting punches Jeff Hardy a bunch of times, hits the Death Drop, and retains. The match apparently lasted about two minutes or so. On his way back up the entrance ramp, Sting apologized to fans. I haven't seen this yet, but morbid curiosity is going to get the better of me. Early reports are that Jeff Hardy was completely fucked up.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Douche McCallister
Title: DOO-SHAY
PostPosted: Mar 13 2011 11:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

???? Apologized? This reminded me of the WCW fiasco.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mar 13 2011 11:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

He didn't give a speech or anything. But fans were yelling that it was bullshit and he apparently audibly kept saying "I agree" over and over again and looked pissed.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Optimist With Doubts
Title: Titlating
PostPosted: Mar 14 2011 10:19 am Reply with quote Back to top

Don't worry guys

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mar 14 2011 01:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

What does that mean?
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Mar 14 2011 03:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Watch it while you can:

I feel bad for Sting... He was very professional about the whole thing, but you could tell how pissed off he was. Probably 1/2 at Jeff, and 1/2 at TNA management for allowing Jeff to go out to the ring in the first place.

Also, note that when Bischof shakes Jeff's hand he slips him something and Jeff starts chewing it. Gum? Supplement of some kind? A way to save face later if Jeff gets cleaned up? (They can claim that Hardy was drugged by Biscoff)
SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Mar 14 2011 03:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Oh wow was that painful. Poor Sting. Poor (yet stupidly, asininely idiotic) Hardy. Poor everyone who had to scramble to cover up that clusterfuck. Ugh.

Knyte wrote:
Also, note that when Bischof shakes Jeff's hand he slips him something and Jeff starts chewing it. Gum? Supplement of some kind? A way to save face later if Jeff gets cleaned up? (They can claim that Hardy was drugged by Biscoff)

I can't imagine Bischoff would agree to taking the rap for something like that. For better or worse the dude really, really cares about his company and businesses I think, but there's no way he'd risk that kind of an accusation.

My completely uneducated guess would be that it's something to help throw off a drug test or something. But on camera? I dunno. Once again, doubt he's that stupid (unless desperation forced it.)

Doesn't really matter now anyway. I'd say Jeff is pretty well done.

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
PostPosted: Mar 14 2011 04:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I meant in a storyline aspect. Not reality. Let's say they send Hardy to rehab, and he comes back to the company in 6 months. They show the tape of Eric giving Hardy something to eat. (It was probably just gum or a tic tac), hardy flops around and loses in under 2 minutes. Hardy can use the "I was drugged" storyline to give himself an instant push as a babyface who was screwed over by Bischoff.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mar 14 2011 07:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

"Sting just reinvented himself!"

Oh, Tazz...

Hardy was pulled from TNA's TV tapings today. So, what do they do now? He was their top heel. Hell, because of the Immortal/Fortune split, he was their only real heel. So, does Anderson turn heel? Does Matt Morgan turn heel? Does the Jarrett/Angle feud end so that one of them can feud with Sting? Does Sting turn heel? Does Matt Hardy take Jeff's spot? Even if Jeff Hardy wasn't suspended, the match damaged his brand. He was pinned in under two minutes. When a guy loses that brutally, it damages his credibility as a champion. Maybe that was the point of the match. To bury Jeff as punishment for his idiocy.
Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Mar 14 2011 07:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't watch wrestling but a friend of mine told me to watch the clip of this match. Forgive my ignorance, but is this how that Hardy guy usually acts? He seemed to be visibly on heroin/drunk, but maybe that's normal. Is it?

Or did we watch a dude basically flush his career down the drains on live TV?

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Mar 14 2011 08:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Klimbatize wrote:
I don't watch wrestling but a friend of mine told me to watch the clip of this match. Forgive my ignorance, but is this how that Hardy guy usually acts? He seemed to be visibly on heroin/drunk, but maybe that's normal. Is it?

Or did we watch a dude basically flush his career down the drains on live TV?

i havent watched wrestling in ages, so i was actually surprised to see hardy had makeup on.

at any rate, hardy did look all fucking retarded that fight, and sting looked uber pissed off.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Optimist With Doubts
PostPosted: Mar 15 2011 12:30 am Reply with quote Back to top

Note the X symbol by the ref at about 3 minutes.

JRA
PostPosted: Mar 15 2011 01:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

Optimist With Doubts wrote:

He looks more like he's fixin a wedgie.

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

Optimist With Doubts
PostPosted: Mar 15 2011 01:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

JRA
PostPosted: Mar 15 2011 01:48 am Reply with quote Back to top

Reminds me of when Spoony flipped the fuck out over John Cena no selling a DDT.

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Mar 15 2011 02:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

Optimist With Doubts wrote:

What's an 'x' symbol mean?

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

Optimist With Doubts
PostPosted: Mar 15 2011 02:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Mar 15 2011 02:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

oh ok... that kind of makes sense as to why the match ended so quickly

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Doddsino
PostPosted: Mar 15 2011 04:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

Jeff just needs to OD already. I know the man has a new daughter, but he is a colossal fuck up. Jeff Hardy drug jokes were old back in 2004, and you would think with all the shit he's gone through, you'd think he would get his act together, but he doesn't and looks like he never will, and I really feel sorry for his family...except Matt. The very fact that they only sent him home is what I find truly pathetic. I'd can his ass immediately...you do not shit on the fans nor do you shit on the people who shell out money for this nonsense, and especially in their dire financial state, Jeff is more replaceable than your audience.

TNA is just a sad state of wrestling as it is. I don't watch, but that's only because I fucking hate Russo. Hey Dixie, it's not 1998 anymore and you can't rely on a guy who's style is basically obsolete and hated in most wrestling circles, and it's also not making you a lot of money. Russo has to be one of the biggest scam artists you'll ever come across. The man acts like he's done no wrong whatsoever and that he himself is the victim. Read his bullshit book about how "WCW killed Russo".

I've got nothing more to really add, although I'm pretty sure the Bischoff spot wasn't planned and he was basically the one to give the okay to let Sting go home early. If TNA doesn't clean up it's act, I could very well see Sting going to WWE sometime down the road, which is something I hope I never see, at least unless it's just for the HOF.

Also upon further inspection, that was a legit pin. Jeff was definitely trying to kick out of that shit, but Sting held him down pretty good. Which means Sting > Dan Severn
Optimist With Doubts
PostPosted: Mar 15 2011 11:13 am Reply with quote Back to top

Here's the thing though it's not as if he doesn't have options. WWE offers free drug rehab for their former superstars. So if TNA cuts him loose he could get help, he doesn't want help though.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mar 15 2011 11:20 am Reply with quote Back to top

Jeff might not have options. He's headed back to court on 3/21, and could be headed to jail. He is trying to cut a plea deal, and I imagine videotaped evidence that he hasn't been clean will severely hurt his ability to get a good deal.
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
PostPosted: Mar 15 2011 11:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

Jail could be the wake up he needs. Maybe... I said the same thing about a friend of mine who was a severe alcoholic and jail didn't help him at all.

On another note of TNA flushing their company away with bad decisions:
They just released Daffney.

Now, I admit, I am a huge Daffney fan. She may not be one of TNA biggest stars, but she had a huge cult following. She was one of the few Knockouts that had serious hardcore fans.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mar 15 2011 12:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, me too. Also, IGN's wrestling guy is a huge Daffney fan. So that was a bad idea.
Doddsino
PostPosted: Mar 15 2011 03:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

To me, it doesn't really matter if WWE picked Jeff back up, they would be stupid to do so, since he's made so many mistakes in the past already. It's a big "what if" if he did indeed go to rehab, but I wouldn't likely think WWE is that stupid. TNA on the other hand apparently is, and if they don't wash their hands of the Jeff problem, then they're only going to lose even more of a following.

Also interesting to note, that HTM announced that Hogan is just itching at the chance to jump ship to WWE if the opportunity arose.
JRA
PostPosted: Mar 15 2011 04:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Doddsino wrote:
Also interesting to note, that HTM announced that Hogan is just itching at the chance to jump ship to WWE if the opportunity arose.

So he can whine about Vince not paying him enough to feed his ego again?

Reply to topic

Jump to: