[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
New article!

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Feb 23 2011 10:18 am Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.sydlexia.com/super_mario_seven_deadly_sins.htm

Didn't have time to update the main page before work.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
GPFontaine
PostPosted: Feb 23 2011 11:13 am Reply with quote Back to top

LOL... Awesome.

The similarity to Duke Nukem is uncanny.

aika
Title: Narcissist
PostPosted: Feb 23 2011 11:19 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in the middle of reading it, really enjoying it. Smile I was gonna post a few typos I saw but I suppose I could put that in the typos thread? Hmm.

天上天下唯我独尊

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Feb 23 2011 11:21 am Reply with quote Back to top

Either way is fine. Sadly I can't fix them until 5ish, when I go home.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
GPFontaine
PostPosted: Feb 23 2011 11:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd, for what it is worth, I would remove Hispanic as an adjective describing the family.

aika
Title: Narcissist
PostPosted: Feb 23 2011 11:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

I only saw this one:

"... Bowser used black magic to turn all of Toadstool's allies into bricks and plants, but that manual is filled with inaccuracies For example, ..." You missed the period between the two sentences.

Great article, pretty funny. I chuckled the whole way through. Very Happy It never occurred to me but I suppose Mario is kind of an ass.

天上天下唯我独尊

@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Feb 23 2011 12:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Nice article. I particularly liked the part about stomping on the family. I have thought of stomping on people Mario-style as well, quite often for the same reasons.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Feb 23 2011 01:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

GPFontaine wrote:
Syd, for what it is worth, I would remove Hispanic as an adjective describing the family.

yeah... I was a little uneasy about that. It happens to be the truth though, for me anyway, every time I've been in that situation. It's unfortunate that a legitimate observation can be interpreted as racist, as that's certainly not my intention. I feel like that line requires another adjective though. Ethnic, perhaps? I dunno. That's probably worse somehow.
GPFontaine
PostPosted: Feb 23 2011 01:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
GPFontaine wrote:

yeah... I was a little uneasy about that. It happens to be the truth though, for me anyway, every time I've been in that situation. It's unfortunate that a legitimate observation can be interpreted as racist, as that's certainly not my intention. I feel like that line requires another adjective though. Ethnic, perhaps? I dunno. That's probably worse somehow.

I think that I can safely say that the forumers here know that you are not racist, however I would assume that your readership extends beyond this social circle. For the sake of your public name, it might be a good idea to give in to PC culture on this one.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Feb 23 2011 01:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I agree. Like I said, I was iffy about it. If I hadn't been rushing to finish it, my editorial sense would have kicked in. If I had the FTP password memorized, I'd have you change it right now.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Feb 23 2011 01:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

GP, you might actually still have the most recent FTP password. If you do, please remove the adjective.
GPFontaine
PostPosted: Feb 23 2011 01:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
GP, you might actually still have the most recent FTP password. If you do, please remove the adjective.

What adjective Wink

All set.

Also fixed the missing period.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Feb 23 2011 02:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

THANK GOD!

I hate it when I miss my period.
DarkMaze
PostPosted: Feb 23 2011 02:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
THANK GOD!

I hate it when I miss my period.

LMAO.
Andrew Man
Title: Is a Funklord
PostPosted: Feb 23 2011 03:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Just pulled it up, excellent!

My Muzaks! CHECK IT OUT!!!
http://www.facebook.com/hellodharmaband

3DS is very good, and Wii U!

JRA
PostPosted: Feb 23 2011 07:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to think of myself as someone who, while as and admirer of your work, do not clinch to every minute detail you do as greatness.

That being said, this is the greatest thing you have ever written.

Not only is your philosophy degree put to fantastic use as usual (and I usually don't like these articles as much as I like the straight reviews) but "one day, soda is going to kill my conscience, and I will kill you all" is one of the funniest things I've ever read.

The best part is I thought this was one of those anti-nintendo trolling articles, but that bit at the end where you addressed Sony fanboys was sent this thing far and beyond the call of duty. Add a lesser known Iron Maiden lyric as the link back, and you have one of the finest pieces of writing I've read from anyone.

But you still have typos.

True, he rarely gets to [be] the hero of the story
then Mario gains his powers just [by] touching the flower

I'm rather glad I read this. The past 24 hours have more or less been some of the worst in my life and this has been a nice little ray of sunshine.

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Feb 23 2011 07:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

You're more in the know when it comes to metal than I, but isn't Seventh Son considered one of Iron Maiden's best albums by many critics, if not the best? If so, I would hope that true metalheads know the opening lyrics.

I remember I made my mom listen to "Moonchild" once. She was into it, up until the time the synth solo ended:

"Ooh this nice, it reminds me of Yes."

(seconds later)

"AAAAAH! Why is he screaming?"

My mom simply doesn't appreciate the finer things in life.
Andrew Man
Title: Is a Funklord
PostPosted: Feb 23 2011 07:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Lol, I found the part on Envy to be the most hysterical.

My Muzaks! CHECK IT OUT!!!
http://www.facebook.com/hellodharmaband

3DS is very good, and Wii U!

The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
PostPosted: Feb 23 2011 08:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I bet the majority of supposed video game heroes from the fifth generation back can all be described this way. Also, the picture for the new article leads to NES Launch '85.

I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.

JRA
PostPosted: Feb 23 2011 08:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
You're more in the know when it comes to metal than I, but isn't Seventh Son considered one of Iron Maiden's best albums by many critics, if not the best?

I guess it depends who you mean by critics. More often than not I do see that album in "top lists" but quite a lot of those are fan made. I remember some kind of source saying it was their best album but that was many years ago.

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

SNESGuy
Title: El Duderino
PostPosted: Feb 23 2011 08:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

JRA wrote:
Syd Lexia wrote:
You're more in the know when it comes to metal than I, but isn't Seventh Son considered one of Iron Maiden's best albums by many critics, if not the best?

I guess it depends who you mean by critics. More often than not I do see that album in "top lists" but quite a lot of those are fan made. I remember some kind of source saying it was their best album but that was many years ago.

I like The Trooper but thats just me

SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Feb 23 2011 10:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This may become my new favorite article of all time, for pure fun. VERY well done, sir. Any man that quotes Dante is ok with me!

Odd though...I've been teaching my high schoolers (one of whom looks EXACTLY like you by the way, Syd. I literally did a double take the first day he walked in because I thought you had somehow ended up in my classroom!) "The Masque of the Red Death," which relies heavily on the Seven Deadly Sins. I've always taught the sins using the acronym GELCAPS. Seems a bit easier to remember (and doesn't rely on the Latin.) Where did you learn the other version?

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

JRA
PostPosted: Feb 23 2011 10:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

SnesGuy wrote:
JRA wrote:
Syd Lexia wrote:

I like The Trooper but thats just me

Trooper owns. and wrong album.

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Feb 23 2011 10:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

SoldierHawk wrote:
This may become my new favorite article of all time, for pure fun. VERY well done, sir. Any man that quotes Dante is ok with me!

Odd though...I've been teaching my high schoolers (one of whom looks EXACTLY like you by the way, Syd. I literally did a double take the first day he walked in because I thought you had somehow ended up in my classroom!) "The Masque of the Red Death," which relies heavily on the Seven Deadly Sins. I've always taught the sins using the acronym GELCAPS. Seems a bit easier to remember (and doesn't rely on the Latin.) Where did you learn the other version?

im guessing cathecism. or catholic school.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Atma
Title: Dragoon
PostPosted: Feb 23 2011 10:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Seriously, wonderful article. Hands down one of my Favorites.

You're starting to remind me of Blizzard. It may take forever for the next one to get released, but it's always damn well worth the wait. Wink
Reply to topic

Jump to: