[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
US Government censors Wikipedia.

Reply to topic
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Dec 11 2007 07:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

From TheInquirer.net:

THE gospel of truth according to fake penis experts and nerds with chips on their shoulders, Wikipedia, has been edited by a Bush friendly member of the US House of Representatives.

Apparently the person was so concerned that people no longer bought the story about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq that he or she took to tampering with the Whackypedia entry.

The entry was edited by someone with a House of Representatives IP address to make the bizarre claim that there was a link between the terrorist organisation al Qaeda and the Iraq government.

The fact that no link has ever been found, other on Whackypedia, has been a source of embarrassment for the Bush administration. Parts of the article which show proof that there were no links have been watered down by the use of the words "it is claimed". Thus a statement like "the sky is blue", has become the "sky is blue it is claimed".

There are also comments justifying Mr Bush's actions which at the time were made on the fiction that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction.

The revision was made in 2005 but has only come to light now that software can tell who has been attempting to mess with your mind on Wackypedia.

One has to wonder how reliable an encyclopaedia is when it peddles government propaganda in an almost Orwellian manner and forces people who disagree with it to 'disappear' from history.
ReeperTheSeeker
PostPosted: Dec 11 2007 08:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Bush just keeps on making himself look bad and there is not a thing people can say or do without the fear of 'disappearing'. huuuuh. One more year . . . one more year . . .

ImageImageImage
Links, pics, vids . . . I shall post these when given the chance
Transformers 2 Review: ". . . Did i mention SHIT BLOWS UP?!!!"

Cattivo
PostPosted: Dec 11 2007 11:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Both sides of the fence edit wikipedia articles. Hell, even corporations do it to improve their image.

Also:
Knyte wrote:
From TheInquirer.net:
There are also comments justifying Mr Bush's actions which at the time were made on the fiction that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction.

From an article discussing the Saddam's Files:

"Saddam’s nuclear documents compel any reasonable person to the conclusion that, more probably than not, there were in fact nuclear WMD sites, components, and programs hidden inside Iraq at the time the Coalition forces invaded. In view of these newly discovered documents, it can be concluded, more probably than not, that Saddam did have a nuclear weapons program in 2001-2002, and that it is reasonably certain that he would have continued his efforts towards making a nuclear bomb in 2003 had he not been stopped by the Coalition forces"

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/Read.aspx?GUID=F715A709-2614-4EA5-967C-F6151F94A364

I still say they're in Syria. We gave him ample time to move them.
TheRoboSleuth
Title: Sleuth Mark IV
PostPosted: Dec 12 2007 01:58 am Reply with quote Back to top

Nevertheless, it is bad form to be caught with red palms, especially right before an election.

I enjoy it. Bush is more than eager to shoot himself in the foot on the republicans behalf. The upcoming elections are almost certainly destined to fall to the winning team.

Char Aznable
Title: Char Classicâ„¢
PostPosted: Dec 12 2007 12:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Who the hell takes Wikipedia OR the government seriously anymore?

ReeperTheSeeker
PostPosted: Dec 12 2007 03:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Char Aznable wrote:
Who the hell takes Wikipedia OR the government seriously anymore?

Wait, people are suppose to take wiki and the government seriously? Shocked

ImageImageImage
Links, pics, vids . . . I shall post these when given the chance
Transformers 2 Review: ". . . Did i mention SHIT BLOWS UP?!!!"

Reply to topic

Jump to: