SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

  [Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
If I Did It by O.J. Simpson


Reply to topic
Author Message
S. McCracken
Moderator
Title: Enforcer
Joined: Aug 22 2005
Location: Massachusetts
PostPosted: Jan 04 2007 07:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

JEW wrote:
don't diss on that PPV. I liked that one.


I am eagerly anticipating a download of WCW thunder for wii virtual console.

One of the worst games...EVER.

Stick with Revenge, WM2K, or No Mercy. All much better than that Thunder garbage.


Image
 
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
Joined: Nov 01 2006
Location: Here I am.
PostPosted: Jan 04 2007 08:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

He's probably excited about WWF Attitude and WCW Nitro as well.

Those games make me want to hurt myself. And those "In Your House" and "Wrestlemania The Arcade Game" fighting games that sucked ass.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Joined: Jun 07 2006
PostPosted: Jan 04 2007 08:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sarcasm is sneering, jesting, or mocking a person, situation or thing. It is strongly associated with irony, with some definitions classifying it as a type of verbal irony intended to insult or wound[1] -- stating the opposite of the intended meaning, e.g. using "that's amazing" to mean "that's awful". It is used in a humorous manner, often harshly, and is expressed through vocal intonations such as over-emphasizing the actual statement or particular words. Use of sarcasm is sometimes viewed as an expression of concealed anger[2] or annoyance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

and dude, EVERYBODY loved wwf attitude when it came out, because it was all there was.

wrestlemania the arcade game and in your house were fun, even if they werent wrestling really.


Image
 
View user's profileSend private message
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
Joined: Jul 30 2005
Location: Wakefield, MA
PostPosted: Jan 05 2007 01:06 am Reply with quote Back to top

I liked Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game. I just wish they had been able to implement all the fatalities before McMahon told them not to.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Joined: Jun 07 2006
PostPosted: Jan 05 2007 02:17 am Reply with quote Back to top

i don' recall anyrthing about fatalities in that game. I know there were lame "finishing manuvers" in in your house though.


Image
 
View user's profileSend private message
S. McCracken
Moderator
Title: Enforcer
Joined: Aug 22 2005
Location: Massachusetts
PostPosted: Jan 05 2007 02:32 am Reply with quote Back to top

JEW wrote:
Sarcasm is sneering, jesting, or mocking a person, situation or thing. It is strongly associated with irony, with some definitions classifying it as a type of verbal irony intended to insult or wound[1] -- stating the opposite of the intended meaning, e.g. using "that's amazing" to mean "that's awful". It is used in a humorous manner, often harshly, and is expressed through vocal intonations such as over-emphasizing the actual statement or particular words. Use of sarcasm is sometimes viewed as an expression of concealed anger[2] or annoyance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

and dude, EVERYBODY loved wwf attitude when it came out, because it was all there was.

wrestlemania the arcade game and in your house were fun, even if they werent wrestling really.

C'mon, you're going to get on me for that? No This Is A Joke tag? For all I know, you may have actually LIKED that game. Et tu, JEW?


Image
 
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Joined: Jun 07 2006
PostPosted: Jan 05 2007 02:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

sir, it's impossible to even PLAY nitro or thunder. how can anyone admit to enjoying it? Wink


Image
 
View user's profileSend private message
S. McCracken
Moderator
Title: Enforcer
Joined: Aug 22 2005
Location: Massachusetts
PostPosted: Jan 05 2007 02:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

JEW wrote:
sir, it's impossible to even PLAY nitro or thunder. how can anyone admit to enjoying it? Wink

i bought Thunder the day it came out and returned it the next day. Sad. Sad


Image
 
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Dr. Jeebus
Moderator
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
Joined: Sep 03 2005
Location: Wakefield, MA
PostPosted: Jan 05 2007 02:41 am Reply with quote Back to top

This thread was started while I was away I think and I didn't feel like reading the whole thing, but how on Earth did a thread about OJ's dumbass book wind up being about wrestling video games? Not complaining or anything, just really, really confused


dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

 
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Joined: Jun 07 2006
PostPosted: Jan 05 2007 03:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

ironixcally enough, looking for gamepaly footage of thunder to LOL at, I found some other oddities.













Image
 
View user's profileSend private message
Dr. Jeebus
Moderator
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
Joined: Sep 03 2005
Location: Wakefield, MA
PostPosted: Jan 05 2007 03:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

JEW, can you edit the things from youtube instead of just copy and pasting so there's not all that mess in the message? Anyone else who hasn't done it please do it as well, but you've posted a ton of videos in the last hour which is why you're sticking out in my mind as doing it.


dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

 
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Joined: Jun 07 2006
PostPosted: Jan 05 2007 03:13 am Reply with quote Back to top

S. McCracken wrote:
JEW wrote:
sir, it's impossible to even PLAY nitro or thunder. how can anyone admit to enjoying it? Wink


i bought Thunder the day it came out and returned it the next day. Sad. Sad

I did that with wrestlemania 21. us X box owners didn't get a single decent wrestling game!


Image
 
View user's profileSend private message
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
Joined: Jul 30 2005
Location: Wakefield, MA
PostPosted: Jan 05 2007 06:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

Only The Undertaker has a fatality in the Midway Wrestlemania game.

There had been persistent rumors of others, but the programmers confirmed that McMahon found out they were putting in fatalities and told them they couldn't add any more in.

The Undertaker's fatality is executed as such:

When 'Pin Him' appears, press Up, Down, Down, Punch. The opponent must be in mid-left section of the ring. The Undertaker pushes his opponent into a coffin which appears from under the ring. The coffin goes back down and a tombstone appears in its place.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
S. McCracken
Moderator
Title: Enforcer
Joined: Aug 22 2005
Location: Massachusetts
PostPosted: Jan 05 2007 10:13 am Reply with quote Back to top

JEW wrote:
I did that with wrestlemania 21. us X box owners didn't get a single decent wrestling game!

I never got into the PS2 or XBox wrestling games except for the capabilities of the XBox version to make ridiculously sweet entrances, from which Spanky McCracken was born.

I always loved the THQ/AKI games because you couldn't just punch and kick your way to victory. There was strategy involved and the melees were 100 times better.


Image
 
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
Joined: Jul 30 2005
Location: Wakefield, MA
PostPosted: Jan 05 2007 04:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

S. McCracken wrote:
I always loved the THQ/AKI games because you couldn't just punch and kick your way to victory. There was strategy involved and the melees were 100 times better.

You could, however, Big Boot your way to victory in an over the top rope elimination match.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
S. McCracken
Moderator
Title: Enforcer
Joined: Aug 22 2005
Location: Massachusetts
PostPosted: Jan 05 2007 04:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
S. McCracken wrote:
I always loved the THQ/AKI games because you couldn't just punch and kick your way to victory. There was strategy involved and the melees were 100 times better.

You could, however, Big Boot your way to victory in an over the top rope elimination match.

It's true, but you actually had to weaken the guy before he would cease to reverse the Irish whip. Granted, if you weren't fast enough with the reversal button than you'd get eliminated, but usually our OTR matches were 30 guys, so they would still be a decently good time.


Image
 
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Cattivo
Joined: Apr 14 2006
Location: Lake Michigan
PostPosted: Jan 05 2007 05:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

While there might not be much strategy in those Royal Rumble matches in No Mercy and the like, there certainly was a lot of strategy involved in the multiplayer tag matches. Actually, what Spanky said is the exact phrase one of my friends said this weekend when we broke out the N64 and partook in some No Mercy. I just wish they had kept the two out rule that they had in the original, WCW vs. NWO World Tour. That created 2 on 1 possibilities with the possible intervention of the eliminated teammate. That was always fun.

We actually played some SMB2 on the SNES afterwards, and I casually mentioned that it wasn't the real SMB2, which they didn't know about. So I told them I found out about Doki Doki Panic on this website almost a year ago. Hopefully, that'll create a few more hits this month.
View user's profileSend private message
FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Joined: Jun 07 2006
PostPosted: Jan 05 2007 05:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

it's funny to think that a guy that was responsible for a storyline where the undertaker crucified stephanie mcmahon on a flaming T above the titantron would complain about people being buried in a videogame.

I seem to recall reading on the back of in your house somethign like "all new finishing maneuvers like HBK's heartbreak hotel!" but I never actualyl pulled one off, because I thougth they were dumb.

as far as current games, I was an addict for the ones on gamecube, and even tried hard to enjoy wrestlemania X8. I used to be addicted to no mercy on N64, so that naturally translated over to the day of reckoning games, which were sweet as fuck.

I had fun with smackdown until the more recent ones, which were overly complicated and boring, and felt more like somethign EA sports would do than WWE, but SVR 2007 might be fun.

raw 2 was a fun distraction, with amking the rad ass entrances and stuff, but as a game it sucked. we used to make ourselves and all sorts of weirdos and paly the min season mode till we realized that no matter what you did, it didn't make a difference, because the game was unfinished.


Image
 
View user's profileSend private message
S. McCracken
Moderator
Title: Enforcer
Joined: Aug 22 2005
Location: Massachusetts
PostPosted: Jan 05 2007 05:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

JEW wrote:
it's funny to think that a guy that was responsible for a storyline where the undertaker crucified stephanie mcmahon on a flaming T above the titantron would complain about people being buried in a videogame.

I seem to recall reading on the back of in your house somethign like "all new finishing maneuvers like HBK's heartbreak hotel!" but I never actualyl pulled one off, because I thougth they were dumb.

as far as current games, I was an addict for the ones on gamecube, and even tried hard to enjoy wrestlemania X8. I used to be addicted to no mercy on N64, so that naturally translated over to the day of reckoning games, which were sweet as fuck.

I had fun with smackdown until the more recent ones, which were overly complicated and boring, and felt more like somethign EA sports would do than WWE, but SVR 2007 might be fun.

raw 2 was a fun distraction, with amking the rad ass entrances and stuff, but as a game it sucked. we used to make ourselves and all sorts of weirdos and paly the min season mode till we realized that no matter what you did, it didn't make a difference, because the game was unfinished.

Don't forget the greatest moment of all-time: HHH fucking a corpse.

I tried X-8 and couldn't fathom why anyone would keep this game. Just god-awful.

I've never tried the DOR series. What consoles were they for, and was the gameplay like No Mercy?


Image
 
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Joined: Jun 07 2006
PostPosted: Jan 05 2007 05:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

HHH fucking a corpse is the pinnacle of sports entertianment, it is a defining moment for the company and for the business in t's entirety.


wrestlemania X8 sucked to me too initially, then it turned into more of a "meh, it can't be THAT bad" thing. but to be hoenst, the game was horrible. it was just the first game to to let you play as the hurricane and NWO hogan.

the DOR games are on the gamecube, and they are pretty much a smoother no mercy, not to be confused with a faster no mercy like def jam vendetta. they're pretty cheap now, so you might as well get them both.


Image
 
View user's profileSend private message
S. McCracken
Moderator
Title: Enforcer
Joined: Aug 22 2005
Location: Massachusetts
PostPosted: Jan 05 2007 05:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

JEW wrote:
HHH fucking a corpse is the pinnacle of sports entertianment, it is a defining moment for the company and for the business in t's entirety.


wrestlemania X8 sucked to me too initially, then it turned into more of a "meh, it can't be THAT bad" thing. but to be hoenst, the game was horrible. it was just the first game to to let you play as the hurricane and NWO hogan.

the DOR games are on the gamecube, and they are pretty much a smoother no mercy, not to be confused with a faster no mercy like def jam vendetta. they're pretty cheap now, so you might as well get them both.

I actually really enjoyed Vendetta, minus the depth of moves and yes, the quicker pace. I'll have to pick up the DOR games. Thanks.


Image
 
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Joined: Jun 07 2006
PostPosted: Jan 05 2007 05:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

oh don't get me wrong, I had tons of fun with vendetta, but all they really did was take no mercy, remove the opponent sitting position, remove most of the turnbuckle play, and speed the game up nine hundred percent. it's still the only FUN game where you can play as method man.


Image
 
View user's profileSend private message
lordsathien
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
Joined: Oct 15 2005
Location: Metro area, Georgia
PostPosted: Jan 05 2007 06:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Shouldn't about 2 pages of this thread be moved over to the Video Game subforum? I completely forgot the initial subject reading that far.


"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"
 
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Joined: Jun 07 2006
PostPosted: Jan 05 2007 06:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

meh, the oj thread is dead anyways. at least now there's a reason to click on the book forum.


Image
 
View user's profileSend private message
Char Aznable
Title: Char Classic™
Joined: Jul 24 2006
Location: Robot Boombox HQ
PostPosted: Jan 06 2007 12:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, this place will probably be used as much as the Toys forum.


Image
 
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Display posts from previous:      
Reply to topic

 
 Jump to: