"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Favorite Mario Game?

Reply to topic
greeneyedzeke
PostPosted: Oct 29 2005 11:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
I'm disappointed that Nintendo hasn't reused more of the SMB2 bad guys. Ninji and Pokey made it into Super Mario World and Shy Guys keep showing up and Birdo keeps showing up, but I'd like to see Tryclyde, Mouser, and Wart make a comeback.

To me, Mario Tennis on the N64 revolved around one fundamental point: You could unlock Shyguy. That made the game for me.

And I'm sure they could somehow use Wart in an upcoming Mario RPG. Since they seem big on humorous writing for these games, how about some sort of "Nightmare on Elm Street" type of deal, since Wart only showed up in Mario's dream anyway.

But ultimately it all comes back to Mouser. Nintendo NEEDS to put him in future titles. Hell, even though you beat him with bombs, they could turn his level into some sort of boxing mini-game using the DS touch screen. I don't care. I just want to see him again.
Rycona
Title: The Maestro
PostPosted: Nov 01 2005 04:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

As a child, I was spoiled by my grandparents, my grandfather in particular. He would buy me pretty much anygame I asked for, though I usually rented first to try them out. I remember when the Virtual Boy first came out; I wanted one so bad. My grandfather wouldn't buy it for me. I was crushed.

A few months later, my cousin got one. I went over to his house to play it. After 5-10 minutes of that infrared and possibly carcinogenic bullshit, I realized that my grandfather was much wiser than he led on.

RIP Hacker.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Nov 01 2005 05:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Dr. Jeebus wrote:
Mario Teaches Typing is actually one of my favorites, but that's cause I'm arrogant and type over 100 words a minute.

Did you forget how fucking annoying Mario was in that game? In between rounds you were treated to a gigantic CGI Mario head who would spout some of the most inane drivel ever recorded.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Nov 02 2005 12:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Dr. Jeebus wrote:
Mario Teaches Typing is actually one of my favorites, but that's cause I'm arrogant and type over 100 words a minute.

Did you forget how fucking annoying Mario was in that game? In between rounds you were treated to a gigantic CGI Mario head who would spout some of the most inane drivel ever recorded.

"When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's amore. When a fish jumps out and it bites your snout....that's a more! Get it?"

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

S. McCracken
Title: Enforcer
PostPosted: Nov 02 2005 12:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Dr. Jeebus wrote:
"When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's amore. When a fish jumps out and it bites your snout....that's a more! Get it?"

Actually, no.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Nov 02 2005 06:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

S. McCracken wrote:
Dr. Jeebus wrote:

Actually, no.

That's because he quoted it wrong.

Mario: When the moons hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's amore. When a fish jumps out and takes a bite outta your snout, that's a moray. Get it, a moray eel? (Mario then proceeds to laugh hysterically at his stupid fucking joke.)
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
S. McCracken
Title: Enforcer
PostPosted: Nov 02 2005 11:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Mario: When the moons hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's amore. When a fish jumps out and takes a bite outta your snout, that's a moray. Get it, a moray eel? (Mario then proceeds to laugh hysterically at his stupid fucking joke.)

I get it, but it's gay.

Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Nov 03 2005 12:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't think he actually explained the joke, just said "get it?" and laughed hysterically. Also, it's not my business to know how to spell moray.

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Nov 03 2005 12:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Dr. Jeebus wrote:
I didn't think he actually explained the joke, just said "get it?" and laughed hysterically. Also, it's not my business to know how to spell moray.

Oh, he explained it. Don't make me upload an audio file of it.
Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: Nov 08 2005 12:59 am Reply with quote Back to top

Super Mario Brothers 2 (or Doki Doki Panic ripoff, for confusion's sake). I just love this game. It's so bizzare. The music in the end credits is epic.
Reply to topic

Jump to: