"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Favorite Mario Game?

Reply to topic
SamanthaMcPoopenstein
Title: Gadabout Ragamuffin
PostPosted: Oct 24 2005 11:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty simple: Out of all the Mario games ever made, which is your favorite? And if you want, tell why. ( Tennis, Kart, Party, etc are included)

On the flipside, you can also name your least favorite mario game.

My first place goes to a tie actually... I really like Super Mario Bros. 3, but I also like Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.
(Coming up in second, is Super Star Saga)

Least Favorite game: hrm, well, Dr. Mario. Come on, we all know it's just tetris with Mario's picture on it.
OctoMan
PostPosted: Oct 24 2005 11:24 am Reply with quote Back to top

Hrm... well, Mario 3 is up there for obvious reasons. I'm also gonna have to go with SNES Mario Kart... man, me and my best friend played that SO much! Smile
Darklire
Title: I get a Title?
PostPosted: Oct 24 2005 12:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

64 is one of my favorite games of all time. The gameplay was fun. The graphics were cool as hell (for the time), and the music was beutiful. I've been looking for the soundtrack ever since. I downloaded the end theme and listen to it all the time.

Mario 64 is what made me love video games.

View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Oct 24 2005 12:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So many of them are so are so good: SMB3, Superstar Saga, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, Mario 64, Mario Sunshine, Super Mario World... there's very few Mario games I don't love.

But the ones that I don't like are:

The original Super Mario Land because you could barely tell what stuff was supposed to be
Dr. Mario, just never liked it as much as Tetris
Super Mario World 2, just a little too weird for me
The Mario Party series, the minigames are fun but the board game format is slow as hell
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Oct 24 2005 05:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

SMB3, Mario 64, Dr. Mario, and The Super Mario Bros. Super Show are my favorites.

SMB3 - Hell, it was the best. Despite The Wizard's attempts to overhype it. SMB3 lived up to and exceeded the expectations.

Mario 64 - We all got the 64 for this game.

Dr. Mario - Many an hours and days and years I spent playing this game. I like it better than Tetris.

TSMBSS - Not a game, but who doesn't love Lou Albano?

The worst? Mario is Missing. Cause it asked educational questions. I don't want to learn when I'm playing a game unless it's about the defense systems in the world like with MGS. One day I'll be the bestest pizza terrorist ever because of those games. Bless you, Hideo!

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

B.B.King
Title: Total Fucking Loser
PostPosted: Oct 24 2005 06:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Super mario world. hands down my favorite.
great level and world design. love the whole game

I am a worthless piece of crap.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Darklire
Title: I get a Title?
PostPosted: Oct 24 2005 09:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Mario Paint was cool too, I even had the lil mouse and board that came with it.

View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
SamanthaMcPoopenstein
PostPosted: Oct 24 2005 11:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Tebor wrote:
The worst? Mario is Missing. Cause it asked educational questions. I don't want to learn when I'm playing a game unless it's about the defense systems in the world like with MGS. One day I'll be the bestest pizza terrorist ever because of those games. Bless you, Hideo!

Holy hell, I totally forgot about that one. My brother and I rented it when we were kids, and were totally shocked at how awful it was. It was the first time a mario game let us down.
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Oct 25 2005 12:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

SamanthaMcPoopenstein wrote:
Holy hell, I totally forgot about that one. My brother and I rented it when we were kids, and were totally shocked at how awful it was. It was the first time a mario game let us down.

As did millions of other children feel that scorn.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

B.B.King
PostPosted: Oct 25 2005 08:35 am Reply with quote Back to top

marios time machine Laughing
worst-game-ever.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Oct 25 2005 08:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

I actually didn't mind Mario Is Missing that much. But now that I think about it, Mario Teaches Typing was pretty annoying.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Oct 25 2005 08:58 am Reply with quote Back to top

I also enjoyed Mario is Missing. And Mario's time machine too, as far as I can remember. I don't think there has been a Mario game I didn't like. No, wait, Mario Party annoyed me,

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Oct 25 2005 09:25 am Reply with quote Back to top

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door reigns supreme as far as Mario's RPGs goes (I skipped playing the first Paper Mario). If I had but two more days I could've made it to the bottom of the Pit of 100 Trials to fight the dragon.

As far as the other games, I liked Mario 3 and Double Dash was pretty good.

As an aside, my mom was more into Mario 3 than myself, and when I'd ask her if we could rent something other than Mario 3 from Turtle's, she said only if they didn't have it. She never went into the store, she just sent me, so I'd get what looked good and tell her they didn't have ti even if they did.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Oct 25 2005 11:30 am Reply with quote Back to top

Mario Teaches Typing is actually one of my favorites, but that's cause I'm arrogant and type over 100 words a minute. Mario is Missing probably was my least favorite, cause while it was kinda fun, I always found it a pain in the ass and just redid levels until they either gave me easy questions or until I just memorized the right answer (and not in the way that would be considered "learning")

Otherwise, Mario 3, Super Mario World, or Mario 64 are all up there.

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

greeneyedzeke
PostPosted: Oct 25 2005 12:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Dr. Jeebus wrote:
Mario Teaches Typing is actually one of my favorites, but that's cause I'm arrogant and type over 100 words a minute. Mario is Missing probably was my least favorite, cause while it was kinda fun, I always found it a pain in the ass and just redid levels until they either gave me easy questions or until I just memorized the right answer (and not in the way that would be considered "learning")

Otherwise, Mario 3, Super Mario World, or Mario 64 are all up there.

Not to derail or anything, but did you ever get to play "THE TYPING OF THE DEAD!"? I loved that game...

When it comes to Mario games, I'm weird. Mario 2 was always my favorite. I don't know what I'd say the worst one was, but yeah, some of those educational titles blew.
Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Oct 26 2005 10:21 am Reply with quote Back to top

Ironically, Mario 2 wasn't a legitimate Mario game, but I'm sure Syd's talked all about Doki Doki Panic already.

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Oct 26 2005 10:28 am Reply with quote Back to top

Dr. Jeebus wrote:
Ironically, Mario 2 wasn't a legitimate Mario game, but I'm sure Syd's talked all about Doki Doki Panic already.

Plus, Zeke knows his shit.
B.B.King
PostPosted: Oct 26 2005 12:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

since i have a mini museum of Consoles in my basement (including but not limeted to all the ataris from over the years,different versions of coleco vision,commodore 64s,nintendo and nin2,SNES/Famicom/Famicom disk system,3d0,all the segas ect) i went down and hunted for my Sfamicom,and my version of the real mario 2 and played it this morning.

man is that shit harder than i remember.

greeneyedzeke
PostPosted: Oct 26 2005 01:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Dr. Jeebus wrote:

Plus, Zeke knows his shit.

Heh, thanks. Yeah, I know the history of SMB2. It didn't really affect me, though. In the end, Nintendo swapped in the Mario gang and made it part of the series. Call me crazy, but I enjoyed how the four characters had different "specialties" if you will. I also liked some of the bad guy design. Oh Mouser, how I love thee...
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Oct 26 2005 02:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

greeneyedzeke wrote:
Heh, thanks. Yeah, I know the history of SMB2. It didn't really affect me, though. In the end, Nintendo swapped in the Mario gang and made it part of the series. Call me crazy, but I enjoyed how the four characters had different "specialties" if you will. I also liked some of the bad guy design. Oh Mouser, how I love thee...

I'm disappointed that Nintendo hasn't reused more of the SMB2 bad guys. Ninji and Pokey made it into Super Mario World and Shy Guys keep showing up and Birdo keeps showing up, but I'd like to see Tryclyde, Mouser, and Wart make a comeback.

I had actually had an idea for a Mario game where Bowser assembles a Legion of Doom to stomp Mario once and for all. It would be comprised of Bowser, Wart, Wario, Mouser, Donkey Kong and maybe a few others. It would work as either a platformer or an RPG.
S. McCracken
Title: Enforcer
PostPosted: Oct 26 2005 02:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
I had actually had an idea for a Mario game where Bowser assembles a Legion of Doom to stomp Mario once and for all. It would be comprised of Bowser, Wart, Wario, Mouser, Donkey Kong and maybe a few others. It would work as either a platformer or an RPG.

Don't forget Hawk and Animal. And Droz. And Heinreich.

Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Oct 26 2005 06:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

S. McCracken wrote:

Don't forget Hawk and Animal. And Droz. And Heinreich.

Dammit Spanky, ya beat me to it. But you forgot to mention Christy. . . , and I applaud that.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

cybersst
Title: Let it
PostPosted: Oct 27 2005 01:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Everybody forgets about Mario Tennis for the Virtual Boy. I credit that game with developing my superior hand-eye coordination.

ImageImage

View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
S. McCracken
Title: Enforcer
PostPosted: Oct 27 2005 03:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

cybersst wrote:
Everybody forgets about Mario Tennis for the Virtual Boy. I credit that game with developing my superior hand-eye coordination.

That, and your near constant masturbation.

SamanthaMcPoopenstein
PostPosted: Oct 28 2005 01:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I actually got out the old virtual boy and played Mario Tennis not too long ago. It was fuun, and the music wa jazzier than I rememberd, but That weird view and the red really hurts your eyes!
Reply to topic

Jump to: