"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Necrosha

Reply to topic
FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Dec 31 2010 01:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sorry, but am I the only one that found this entire concept fucking hilarious?

"bring a lot of lame x-men characters from the nineties back to life, then kill them again."

Pyro, banshee, motherfucking SAURON, they're all here! They even brought Cypher, one of the lamest mutants I've ever read about, back, and tried to rewrite his powers to be interesting. Seriously man, I'm glad you're a super linguist and all, and I'm thrilled that you went into the future to tell bastion's master mold to STFU in second coming, but get the fuck outta here! If I need to figure out how to read a French dictionary, or a map or china, I'll give you a call.

The new mutants in general are pretty shitty, but at least they didn't have to be penned in as techno-organic zombies to make a comeback. Selfsoul/friend is very amused.

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Dec 31 2010 02:49 am Reply with quote Back to top

For a moment I thought you'd typed Cyber instead. As for Cipher, did they ever clear up speculation he might be able to use his language skills with computer code?

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Dec 31 2010 09:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:
For a moment I thought you'd typed Cyber instead. As for Cipher, did they ever clear up speculation he might be able to use his language skills with computer code?

Actually, he could. And frankly, I thought that Necrosha could've been used to bring back some decent characters, especially with Hope floating around the X-universe now, considering she's the Phoenix. I actually really liked Cypher, even through the whole Douglock thing, but there were tons more that could've been re-integrated into the books. All the same, depowering most of the mutants was something I actually liked, but at some point, Scarlet Witch is going to say "More mutants, please" or Earth 617 Sentry will pound on the walls of reality or something and most of them will come back anyhow. Sigh.

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Dec 31 2010 12:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well in second coming he talks to master mold using computer code, they make a joke about bullets being his only weakness, and hope kick starts mutant activations again.

aeonic
PostPosted: Dec 31 2010 12:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

FNJ wrote:
Well in second coming he talks to master mold using computer code, they make a joke about bullets being his only weakness, and hope kick starts mutant activations again.

All five of them. Doesn't really seem very Phoenix-worthy.

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Dec 31 2010 02:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

There were five initially, but now there are more. There's a whole arc going on about it right now.

aeonic
PostPosted: Dec 31 2010 02:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

FNJ wrote:
There were five initially, but now there are more. There's a whole arc going on about it right now.

You mean Generation Hope, right? Because they just located the fifth one, Kenji, I believe (the guy that looks like Tetsu'o from Akira). Other than that, that's it, from my understanding of the X-books. No more new ones yet. Five mutants isn't really something to bound up and down about.

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Dec 31 2010 03:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Meh. I prefer there being a small amount of mutants, but hope was the thing that started it up again.

aeonic
PostPosted: Dec 31 2010 03:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The real problem with it was during the late 70's to the early 90's, where they'd create mutants that'd literally appear in one panel or one issue and either be killed off or never seen again. I am a fan as to how they've been using some of those, but really, Marvel has always been really lacking in editorial control in terms of new character introduction/throwaway.

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Jan 01 2011 04:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That's why I've liked the lack of mutants. It's forces them to make sure that every single one counted.

Reply to topic

Jump to: