"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Worst video game....EVER

Reply to topic
B.B.King
Title: Total Fucking Loser
PostPosted: Sep 01 2005 05:24 am Reply with quote Back to top

If you can't figure out what this topic is about,go home. go home and cry.

5. Cool spot
What the hell. this game is terrible,and so is the soda product it backs. this was a lame lame lame attempt at creating a cool,fashionable spokemodle for 7up that would appeal to kids,but in all reality was just a shitty game that didn't make any sense. 60 cool points? what the hell?

4. Lawnmower man
I actually bought this game because i assumed it was going to be some baddass game about mowing lawns, TO THE MAX, but I was seriously dissapointed. Lawnmower man is,from what i can tell,set in a post apoctolyptic future thats over run with security guards with lazer guns. thats about where the game stops making sense. you spend the entire game in one of two modes; platformer,where you just shoot anything and everything that moves; or flying through a crappily rendered 3d world where you have to jump and duck over black bars that appear out of nowhere so you can make it to the next level. this game was a really bad contra ripoff,and just plain sucked.

3. dudes with attitude
what in the fuck are you supposed to do in this game? all i figured out was that if you held one button,a magnifying glass just started moving between random yellow squares.

2.Dragon: the bruce lee story (or something like that)
a terrible fighter with a lame story line and neer impossible combos to pull off. i wasted 50 bucks on this piece of shit back in the day. (note; syd,if you havent played this game,try and find it,or try a rom version of it. take street fighter 1,and then add a terrible physics engine,and you've got this game)

1.Worms 3d
ahhh! how did they ruin one of the funnest party games ever made? worms was meant to be 2d,and should have stayed that way. 80 bucks shelled out on this game. got 8 bucks for it at my local microplay.

I am a worthless piece of crap.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Sep 01 2005 02:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

5. YoNoid - Pizza advertisment game which was kind of fun, but is also kind of impossible.

4. Star Trek 25th Anniversary NES edition: The computer version featured amazing levels AND original voice actors. The NES game was boring and impossible to figure out what you had to do. Plus, terrible terrible graphics.

3. RPG Maker - Not as much a game as it is impossible to make a PS game with. The PC version was okay to use, but the PS version is horrendous.

2. Back to the Future NES - none of the BTTF fun and a time limit of about two minutes per level. No continues. No one I knew could get past the Cafe level.

1. Superman 64 - Apparently, the man of steel can only use his super powers in a very limited amount AND must fly through rings. And Metropolis is the smogest city since Silent Hill, or at least Mexico City.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

greeneyedzeke
PostPosted: Sep 01 2005 10:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

5. DOOM for the 3D0. I know, let's take a super popular PC game and port it to the most powerful console in the known universe (at the time)! Let's also make it so that you can't play the fucking thing full screen! Cuz everyone loves the immersion of playing in windowed mode! Seriously, if you're not going to at least TRY to do it right, why bother? Master Yoda is crying.
4. Lowrider for the Playstation 2. A game about making your car bounce. It's like DDR for the gangsta crowd. Humorous when drunk and otherwise never worth playing.
3. Irritating Stick for the Playstation. Based on a Japanese game show (or so I'm told), Irritating Stick is basically one of those carnival games where you have to move a bar between two two narrowly placed tracks and if you touch either side, you lose. In the game show, though, instead of just flashing lights, touching the frame sets off an ELECTRIC SHOCK (faithfully reproduced via the Dual Shock mechanism) and the host is screaming swears at the player. The video game version has no swearing, but plenty of scathing "Watch out!" and "You're gonna lose!" comments.
2. Bible Games for the NES. A knockoff cart appealing to the Jesus crowd, this game is fairly infamous among gamers for its sheer awfulness. In grade school I had a friend whose family more or less belonged to a religious cult. EVERYTHING was deemed Satanic, but Bible Games was acceptable. Maybe that's part of why I hate it. At least the Noah's Ark game is a LITTLE bit interesting.
1. INXS: Make My Video. I have a website. For said website, I'm playing through every game made by Digital Pictures for the Sega CD. This is game number two on my list and it's brought my journey to a complete halt. The disc is un-fucking-beatable and so godawful I can't bring myself to actually play it very often. Imagine having really low-res FMV sequences forcing you to make the ultimate INXS video, but, oh shit, it better not have clocks in it or the whole thing will suck! Then you get to hear the entire song while you make the video and again when you're forced to sit through your shit-tastic creation. Fucking awful.
Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: Nov 06 2005 04:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Action 52 is by and large the worst NES game I've ever played in my entire life. I acutally found and bought it for 3 dollars from All the Best Video during a summer sale. On the box, it suggests $199.99 US as the retail price. If you've ever played this game, you'd realize that this price warrants public beating and humiliation of the game's authors.
Rycona
Title: The Maestro
PostPosted: Nov 07 2005 09:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Since "five" seems to be the precedent, I shall follow, but these are in no particular order of "badocity."

Mort the Chicken (PS) - What was this and who the fuck green-lighted this thing? Terrible graphics, terrible physics, terrible music, and terrible gameplay made this game ter-, I mean horrible.

Eternal Champions (SG) - This is an attempt at a fighting game. The physics were pretty bad and I didn't care much for the battle power system or whatever it was that limited your special moves. The story was full of stomach ulcers as well as illogicalities. At least Chaos could fart in Primal Rage, which made it worthwhile back then.

Most board game ports (NES) - I've played games like Mastermind, Anticipation, Clue, Monopoly, Win Lose or Draw, Pictionary, and other board games made for the NES. Most of them ruined the essence of the game either by taking away things like house rules or by adding unfun, unnecessary things like the little mini-games in Pictionary.

Every game (VB) - I just want to get a cheap shot in at the Virtual Boy. I hated, loathed, and despised it. I lost respect for Nintendo when I played it and some of it probably hasn't been restored even to this day. I understand that companies are run my humans and like them, are not perfect. The games ran red with the blood of my former vision capabilities.

Fishing games in which you could not make money and buy better equipement (SNES) - What's the point of a fishing simulation if it barely enhances the experience of regular fishing? If I wanted to get a rickety boat with a 5 HP engine, wander aimlessly around the St. Lawrence River, and catch crappy fish for no reason, I could. I don't want to do the same thing virtually. I want to make money, win tournaments, and buy kick-ass equipment. It's like comparing the first Top Gear game to its sequels.

I realize that I lost interest in specifying games and went into subgenres, but oh well. I tend to block out the memories of the horrible games I play and I don't feel like going through lists and lists of games trying to recall those frightening happenings.

RIP Hacker.

mcdusher
PostPosted: Feb 21 2006 11:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

these are all the games that made sick to play

decent
deus ex series
vboy games
geist
darkwatck

the worst as far as story and graphics

obviously ET and that awful packman

any game that claimed to be port whem it was a totaly different game
this is a bad example but it proves my point
Michial jacksons moonwalker the arcade vs the sg . I mean they both sucked but one sucke alot more and thats what im refuring to.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Feb 21 2006 11:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

mcdusher wrote:

decent

Descent is quite possibly one of most insidiously bad games I've ever played. It was hyped at the next big thing, the game that was going to bury Doom II and it was total crap.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: Feb 22 2006 07:55 am Reply with quote Back to top

mcdusher wrote:

deus ex series

Did you try turning off view bob? I get really sick if I play that game with view bobbing on. It's one of the best games of all time, you should really consider retrying it if you haven't tried it with the view bob off. It may actually solve your problem.

Yes, deus ex 2 sucked, don't play it. The first one rules though.
DarkMaze
PostPosted: Feb 24 2006 03:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Tebor mentioned "Back to the Future" for the NES back in his Sept. post. And while I don't think I've ever played that one, I do remember:

"Back to the Future II & III", for the NES. Oh. Dear. God. I defy you to explain to me how that game even works, let alone how to beat it. I rented it a few times as a kid, each time thinking I must have missed something before, and that since I was a little older I'd probably be able to figure it out. Absolutely not.

Not even with the Super Duper Ultra Top Secret Password thingie (FLUXCAPACITORISTHEPOWER) that lets you skip directly to Part III.

Anybody else played this pathetic excuse for a game?

Or how about "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure" for the NES, with it's bizarre rendition of "Greensleeves" for Level 1's music? Somehow as a kid I managed to get to the 2nd level (Old West?), but I'll be damned if I can remember how...
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Feb 24 2006 05:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The original Back To The Future game is freaking impossible. At the end of level one, there's this part where you're in the diner and you have to throw mugs of root beer at a never-ending stream of guys in varsity jackets who want to attack you for some reason. And if one of them gets to counter, you lose a life and have to start over. Maybe it took more than one guy to kill you, but the onslaught was absolutely ridiculous. Sometimes I wonder if they playtested these games.

I kinda liked Bill & Ted's Excellent Video Game Adventure. Finding the items was sometimes a pain, but I loved it at the time.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Feb 24 2006 06:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Bill & Ted's Excellent Video Game adventure does not not not suck.

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Feb 24 2006 08:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Murdar Machene wrote:
Yes, deus ex 2 sucked, don't play it. The first one rules though.

I like the second one. It was some more RPG goodness. Sure, the ammo system sucked and the plot made Reloaded look like Matrix 1, but whatever.

I really wish I had a graphics card so I could play this game and it didn't have to gather dust. Believe me, me not playing it is no choice of my own. Sad

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Gushoshin
Title: guardian of death
PostPosted: Mar 09 2006 12:49 am Reply with quote Back to top

the two worst games i have ever played were both, not only (one of) my best friends favorite games, but his asshole older brother rented them
(both were also n64 titles)

Penny Racers *think really shitty pole posistion clone only PP is WAY MORE FUN AND PLAYABLE*

And the REALLY SHITTY monsters inc game it is litterly a game where you throw random items at other people no plot no point THATS IT

But wait it gets far worse....

BOTH TIMES he chose them over goldeneye becuase they were (wait for it) "much better games" from the older brothers mouth

Fucking weedy....

Steve Gavazzi, Marc Green
Jon Sly! It's time to play... WHICH DOUCHEBAG SAID THIS????

"I'm curious -- which mountain climber was used in Cliff Hangers?"

Happy anniversary you fucking wankers!

Sock
Title: Master Fornicator
PostPosted: Mar 12 2006 07:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Oh man, Cyberia for the PSone (I'm pretty sure it was on other consoles as well) is horrid. It's a point and click adventure game on rails. Meaning you don't have free movement, you go from point A to point B on a pre-set track. Awful. Don't confuse Cyberia with Syberia, which is one of the best point and click adventure games I've ever played.

I own, and have played my fair share of bad games (including Superman 64, which I ended up giving to my brother as a birthday present), but Cyberia stands out as the worst I've played.
BBH
PostPosted: Mar 13 2006 09:58 am Reply with quote Back to top

Murdar Machene wrote:
Action 52 is by and large the worst NES game I've ever played in my entire life. I acutally found and bought it for 3 dollars from All the Best Video during a summer sale. On the box, it suggests $199.99 US as the retail price. If you've ever played this game, you'd realize that this price warrants public beating and humiliation of the game's authors.

This is the correct answer to this thread. Although arguably, The Cheetahmen II is even worse (although it was never officially released). I mean, The Cheetahmen sucks, but at least you have 51 other shitty games to torture yourself with on Action 52 if you want variety. The Cheetahmen II is so bad that if you actually decide to play the game for real and try to "finish" it, then you'll be stuck after beating the boss on the 4th stage because it never takes you to the next stage, even though it's not the end of the game. Quality.

Also, Death Crimson for the Saturn (only released in Japan). It apparently got the lowest score ever by some Japanese magazine or some shit... and it's well-warranted. It's beyond horrible.

BBH's Waste of Bandwidth - shitty reviews of obscure arcade games

Black Zarak
Title: Big Coffin Hunter
PostPosted: Mar 14 2006 01:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sock wrote:
Oh man, Cyberia for the PSone (I'm pretty sure it was on other consoles as well) is horrid. It's a point and click adventure game on rails. Meaning you don't have free movement, you go from point A to point B on a pre-set track. Awful. Don't confuse Cyberia with Syberia, which is one of the best point and click adventure games I've ever played.

I own, and have played my fair share of bad games (including Superman 64, which I ended up giving to my brother as a birthday present), but Cyberia stands out as the worst I've played.

Cyberia came free with one of the family computers my dad bought years back and I thought it was going to be cool from the look of it, extra cool because it was free, but I was wrong. So very wrong. I couldn't figure out what I was supposed to be doing and keep in mind that I clicked anything that looked even remotely interactive.

REVIEWS, LEGOS, NONSENSE Check out Zarak's Barracks!

"Let that be a lesson to you, your family and everyone you've ever known..."

"Thanks to denial, I'm immortal!"

Kurt
PostPosted: Mar 14 2006 04:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
1. Superman 64 - Apparently, the man of steel can only use his super powers in a very limited amount AND must fly through rings. And Metropolis is the smogest city since Silent Hill, or at least Mexico City.

No WAY can you be serious about this. When it came out, my friends and I had a great time murdering Superman over and over again. When he would die, it looked like something was stuck in his throat, and as I continually assure myself, the hours spent laughing at that game are more than enough to make up for the 20$ we had to pay when we smashed the cartridge to pieces. The video store was pissed, but that was one of the happiest days in my life. I still have one of the pieces taped to my desk, and my friend still has some of the innards (not that the game had much innards. It was mostly shell.)
braincras
Title: braincrassed/audiofille
PostPosted: Apr 05 2006 03:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

*sight*

old skewl gamer.

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Jun 07 2006 04:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

alright. here we go, in no particular order:

Shenmue II

Wrestlemania 21

Dead Or Alive Ultimate

That's So Raven

there are tons more, on systems that aren't X Box and GBA, and that aren't reviewed on THI, but none I can think of off hte top of my head.

This entire post has been a cheap attempt to plug THI.

Water Hamster
PostPosted: Mar 24 2012 05:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Tebor wrote:

Agreed this game was the worst
The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
PostPosted: Mar 24 2012 06:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

WHOA WHAT THE

I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.

Alowishus
PostPosted: Mar 24 2012 07:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Dat bump from the abyss.
@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Mar 24 2012 07:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Water Hamster wrote:
Tebor wrote:

Agreed this game was the worst

Stop bumping old ass threads unless you have something to actually add, you twat.

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Mar 24 2012 07:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Guys, it's Aqua Hedgehog, it's what he does.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

LordHuffnPuff
Title: Mahna Mahna
PostPosted: Mar 24 2012 08:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Final Fantasy III was unequivocally the worst game I've ever played. Like, I know that I've played games that were mechanically less solid, but none that drained my soul like Final Fantasy III.

____________҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̿̿̿̕̚̕̚͡͡҉҉)___________
I am currently on an extended hiatus from the IRC chat room. If you need me, send a PM and I will get back to you as promptly as I am able.

View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Reply to topic

Jump to: