"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
River treasures

Reply to topic
Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Nov 28 2010 11:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Before you get too excited, no. I am not a pirate. As much as I wish, that's not the case.

Rather, Dad invites me to go walking on sand bars in the Caw river in Kansas. We've found all manner of strange objects there, mostly fossils, but I found a glass jar and a fucking oar last time we went. Anyone care for pictures? We've got a few nice bones.
Mr. Satire
Title: No title necessary.
PostPosted: Nov 29 2010 02:21 am Reply with quote Back to top

Drew Linky wrote:
Before you get too excited, no. I am not a pirate. As much as I wish, that's not the case.

Rather, Dad invites me to go walking on sand bars in the Caw river in Kansas. We've found all manner of strange objects there, mostly fossils, but I found a glass jar and a fucking oar last time we went. Anyone care for pictures? We've got a few nice bones.

I've boldtyped everything I want to see.
Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Nov 30 2010 12:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

Mr. Satire wrote:
Drew Linky wrote:

I've boldtyped everything I want to see.

Right-o.

Photobucket

The oar. We were on our way back to the car and decided to take a rest on this log on the sandbar, and when we sat we noticed it just propped up on the log next to us. No footprints leading to it, though, so we just took it. Me being me, I carved a message in the sand with it: "CALL -my number- IF MISSING AN OAR". I hope to god someone sees it on Google Earth.

Photobucket

The jar. Just saw it sticking halfway out of the sand. Expected it to be broken. Pleasantly surprised to see it otherwise.

Photobucket

From left to right are some back bones and a spine to some sort of bird, I think, then a leg bone, something we couldn't identify, a tooth, and... a golf ball. Those are nothing, though. One time we found (and we verified it with the Natural History Museum in Lawrence) a sabre tooth tiger skull, but it has since been misplaced... Sigh.
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Nov 30 2010 12:59 am Reply with quote Back to top

Might I recommend having a flashlight or some other means of direct illumination?

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Nov 30 2010 11:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:
Might I recommend having a flashlight or some other means of direct illumination?

Yeah, that's probably a good idea. I'm not a very good photographer, really, and not having a legitimate camera doesn't help (camera phone only does so much).
i'll_bite_your_ear
Title: Distillatoria
PostPosted: Nov 30 2010 11:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

aaah, thats great. smells like adventure spirit. one of the best feelings to have.

it was the best of times
it was the blurst of times

Reply to topic

Jump to: