[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Celtics!

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Nov 12 2010 02:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The Celtics are 2-0 against the Heat. Booyah.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Rydog
Title: Dragon Slayer
PostPosted: Nov 12 2010 02:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, this is thrilling to me as our Big 3 has been pushed aside as a heap of crap. I fully expect the Heat to be a top playoff team, maybe even better record than the Celts, but once the playoffs come around, I know we will beat them, and it will be great.

Shaq on the Celtics just seems weird. I can't fully grasp it yet.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Nov 12 2010 02:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

We'll beat them unless the Powers That Be decide that the Celtics shouldn't win. The referee calls made during the playoffs, especially the NBA Finals, have been a subject of scrutiny for quite some time.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Nov 12 2010 02:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Heat still can't handle a dominant big man. Hell, they really can't handle an average big man. The Heat are still great and will win a ton of games, especially as the new guys become more familiar with each other, but they seem to match up poorly against the Celtics. Plus, the Celtics have a ton of postseason experience. If they meet in the playoffs, the Celtics would have to be the favorite right now.

Might be moot. I hate the Lakers, but they look even better than last year.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Nov 12 2010 03:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The difference between the Celtics and the Heat are that the Celtics are an actual team. The Heat are three big contracts and a roster full of jabronis.

The Lakers look good every year. It'll probably be a cold day in hell before we see a Lakers team that doesn't look good. But at the same time, Shaq came into this season with one mission: to score some hard fouls on Kobe.
Rydog
PostPosted: Nov 12 2010 03:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I think the real problem with the Heat is lack of veteran leadership. Now these guys have been around for awhile sure, but they are still young. They don't have that one respected older presence to keep them focused and in tune. Also, they are all scorers, having three premium scorers doesn't really help you if only one person can shoot at a time.

Further, Chris Bosh really isn't in the same class as LeBron and Wade, he is one lucky fuck to be considered part of a "Big Three". His contract was up at a perfect time and he was the next best player and fell into the Heat situation.
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Nov 12 2010 03:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
The Lakers look good every year. It'll probably be a cold day in hell before we see a Lakers team that doesn't look good.

I think there is a California law somewhere about this.

And, I think that's the reason the Clippers still exist. So there will always be a team worse than the Lakers, no matter what.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Nov 12 2010 03:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

To be fair to Bosh, he wasn't in a position where he could shine as much as Wade or James did.

You can't have a successful team with one good player. See: The Wizards Starring Michael Jordan.
Rydog
PostPosted: Nov 12 2010 04:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I would say the Cleveland LeBrons were successful, no rings, but they snagged an Eastern Conf. Title and had a few playoff runs.

An interesting part of the Heat Big Three is that no one realizes that they all took smaller contracts to make it happen. I've heard LeBron called greedy on several occasions because of the team change, yet he is making less money than what he would have made in Cleveland.
GPFontaine
PostPosted: Nov 12 2010 04:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly, what if Lebron just wanted to move to Miami? Yes basketball is a big deal, but if you had the choice of living in Miami or Cleveland, where would you choose? Oh yeah, and when you live there it is the good life.

I think that because of the mental demands on the Heat players, it is going to take them some time to get into the groove of things. Eventually they will become extremely dominant though. Early on, expect good teams to beat them. The Celts are a very good team, so it makes sense. Later this season though, I expect that beating the Heat will require a lot more effort.

Rydog
PostPosted: Nov 12 2010 04:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see a downside for LeBron, other than being loathed in Cleveland.

The Heat will be good, one of the best I'm sure, but I still think the Celtics or even the Magic for that matter can handle them in a playoff series, pending the Celtics make it that far healthy.
SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Nov 12 2010 04:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not a basketball fan, but congratulations! Its always awesome to see your team do well! Good luck! Very Happy

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Nov 12 2010 06:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Meanwhile my Suns are 3 and 4
Josh.0
PostPosted: Nov 13 2010 12:59 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a die hard Lakers fan and Boston scares the shit out of me.

Rondo is the best PG right now in the nba IMHO, and they'll be way better when Perk comes back. I know I should hate Boston, but they're damn good.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Nov 14 2010 08:29 am Reply with quote Back to top

GPFontaine wrote:
Honestly, what if Lebron just wanted to move to Miami? Yes basketball is a big deal, but if you had the choice of living in Miami or Cleveland, where would you choose? Oh yeah, and when you live there it is the good life.

Well, he grew up in Ohio, and marketed himself as a hometown hero, which is why Cavs fans are so angry at him.

I wouldn't wanna live in Miami. I don't like hurricanes, the elderly, or listening to people talk in Spanish.
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Nov 14 2010 01:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I just don't like all the cocaine and the fucking cockaroaches.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Nov 14 2010 02:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well say goodnight to the bad guy.
SSNintendo
Title: Likes to Blow Sh*t Up
PostPosted: Nov 14 2010 04:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The Bulls are doing well at 5-3 right now. Rose is averaging close to 24 points a game, and Joakim Noah is averaging a double double. They'll be even better when Carlos Boozer comes back from injury.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
SNESGuy
Title: El Duderino
PostPosted: Nov 14 2010 06:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Holy Shit people actually still watch the NBA?!
The Celtics are meh

ChiSoxFan
Title: Chicago Sports Fan
PostPosted: Nov 15 2010 12:30 am Reply with quote Back to top

SSNintendo wrote:
The Bulls are doing well at 5-3 right now. Rose is averaging close to 24 points a game, and Joakim Noah is averaging a double double. They'll be even better when Carlos Boozer comes back from injury.

Yes they are. Noah has been Dennis Rodman lite, and once Boozer comes back and we get our full team out there, we should be fighting for the top spot in the East (likely won't get it, but I think it'll be competitive).

PSN & Xbox LIVE gamertag -ChiSoxFan913

Doddsino
PostPosted: Nov 15 2010 04:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I still believe that the Bulls were wrong to get rid of Del Negro, that's the kind of coach you need in the post-season.
ChiSoxFan
Title: Chicago Sports Fan
PostPosted: Nov 15 2010 09:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Doddsino wrote:
I still believe that the Bulls were wrong to get rid of Del Negro, that's the kind of coach you need in the post-season.

The way they went about it was wrong, but I think the Bulls did ultimately make the right move.

Del Negro was an offensive-minded coach, and with the Bulls lacking in offensive weapons, the two were not really a good fit. Also, VDN wasn't exactly a good game manager either.

Thibodeau, however, is a defensive mastermind, and this team suits his philosophies perfectly - a young team that actually gives a shit about defense.

The Bulls have one of the best defenders in the league in Noah, and Gibson and Deng play good defense for their positions. Their new big guy, Omer Asik, also seems to be a good defender as well.

Boozer is the only guy on the frontcourt who really doesn't seem to be at least a solid defender...but then, he wasn't brought in to play D, he was brought in to be the low-post scorer the Bulls have needed since the Jordan days.

PSN & Xbox LIVE gamertag -ChiSoxFan913

Douche McCallister
Title: DOO-SHAY
PostPosted: Nov 16 2010 12:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

GPFontaine wrote:

[sarcasim]I know I wouldn't want to be treated like a GOD living Cleveland. I would much rather live in Miami and be just one of the many celebrities.[/sarcasim] LeBron had the good life, he probably could have went on a murdering spree and still just got suspended for 4-8 games.

He's got the offseason to live in Miami which he could have done staying in Cleveland now he just opens himself up to selfdestruct now that he is with "better" players. I can't wait to see what happens when they don't win. I also can't wait for the first Heat Cavs game.

Reply to topic

Jump to: