"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
End of the WildStorm imprint

Reply to topic
Josh.0
PostPosted: Sep 21 2010 07:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/dc-publisher-wildstorm-zuda-100921.html

I am one of the biggest WildStorm Universe fans out there and this depresses me to no end. Sure, sales were probably shitty as of late, but I've loved and cared about these characters for years now. Sounds like they're going to fold them into the DC U. We'll see how that goes...
Rogue Hippo
Title: Lone Wolf Hippo
PostPosted: Sep 22 2010 10:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

That's too bad. WildC.A.T.S got me into comics. Probably 90% of my collection is WildStorm Universe. It will be interesting to see how they blend them into the DC Universe.
Josh.0
PostPosted: Sep 22 2010 12:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Rogue Hippo wrote:
That's too bad. WildC.A.T.S got me into comics. Probably 90% of my collection is WildStorm Universe. It will be interesting to see how they blend them into the DC Universe.

It will be. WildStorm has a very rich back story, so I hope they don't retcon a whole bunch of shit, like act like Team 7 never existed or what ever.

I can only hope that they start new integrated WS titles with DC creative teams, like:
Peter Tomasi and Ivan Reis' Authority
David Hine and Francis Manupal's WildC.A.T.S.
Scott Kollins writes and draws Gen 13.

I hope we don't just get to see them I a cross over once a year or the way they tried to integrate Milestone characters into DC.

I guess only time will tell.
aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Sep 23 2010 02:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think it's as bad a situation as it seems. WILDCATs and the Authority have always been popular ones, and there's a lot of integration potential there. Especially as the comic readers of the 90s who were younger are starting families and such, I'm sure they'll try to segue them in in a decent fashion. DC's editorial has won more and more of my respect in the last few years, even as Marvel's has lost it (Joe Quesada doesn't deserve to be doing what he does, in my estimation.)

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

Reply to topic

Jump to: