SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The 11th Doctor's Screwdriver (and River Song's)

Reply to topic
Poll :: Favorite toy sonic screwdriver?

3rd
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
4th
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
9th/10th
71%
 71%  [ 5 ]
Laser (used by the Master)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Future (used by River Song)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
11th
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Skinr
Title: Minituae Guru
PostPosted: Jun 25 2011 09:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Right now, there are two versions of the 11th Doctor's sonic that I am considering. The first is the "toy" version, which lights up, makes noise, and has spring-loaded extension. The second is the one which functions as an actual screwdriver.

There are a few questions I would like to pose.

1) If the toy and screwdriver are the same size (or close enough), could a person combine them? The reason I ask is that the screwdriver version is partially metal, and slightly more detailed.

2) I've heard people say that the screwdriver makes a different sound than the 10th/11th toys. If so, would it be possible (fitting-wise) to put it inside the toys of the 3rd/4th Doctor's screwdrivers? The reason for this is that the toys make the same sound all around; however, it's a different sound than in the original series. From what I've heard (in a video) the 11th screwdriver sounds closer to the old ones.

Now on to River Song's "future" sonic. his one is a toy; a very very cool and detailed toy. I have only one question.

3) Does the blue diode have ultraviolet wavelength (like the 10th does)? If not, how hard would it be to swap it out for one that does?

Thank you for reading all this, and any help is welcome.

Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Jun 25 2011 10:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Tom Baker all the way. Fuckers.

https://discord.gg/homestuck is where you can find me literally 99% of the time. Stop on by if you feel like it, we're a nice crowd.

Skinr
Title: Minituae Guru
PostPosted: Jun 26 2011 12:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I may get the 4th in the future. I'd certainly prefer it to the 3rd, at the very least; the only reason I hesitate to get either is their slightly high cost, and lack of features (light, pen, extension, etc).

Reply to topic

Jump to: