[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Bought a box of M11 at midnight

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jul 16 2010 07:05 am Reply with quote Back to top

My foil rare was (UGH) Captivating Vampire.

My mythics were: Frost Titan, Liliana Vess, Grave Titan, and Time Reversal.

So of those, only Grave Titan is worth my time. Liliana is a nice enough card, but I've got like 8 of them at this point.

M11 isn't exciting as M10 was. M10 was filled with new cards, M11 is basically M10 with a few minor tweaks. Unfortunately, most of the tweaks are for the worse. Black loses the card that made vampires playable in Constructed. We lose Darksteel Colossus and Time Warp in favor Gaea's Revenge and Time Reversal, both of which are less exciting.

Of the new additions, the only ones I'm interested in are:

Leyline of the Void (Have a playset. Got one in my box.)
Reverberate (Have a playset. Got one in my box.)
Serra Ascendant (Got one in my box.)
Primeval Titan (Got none.)
Grave Titan (Got one in my box.)
Vengeful Archon (Have three. Got TWO in my box somehow.)
Leyline of Sanctity (One in box.)
Leyline of Punishment (None in box.)
Overwhelming Stampede (One in box.)
Stormtide Leviathan (None in box.)
Hoarding Dragon (None in box.)
Redirect (None in box.)

Of the reprints I want:

Baneslayer

I don't think I have a playset of the M10 duals yet, but I have real duals and I don't play standard. I wish the new duals were actually worth something. It used to be that Standard Legal Dual Lands were $12-15 automatically. Now they're barely $5. Not even worth my time to try and trade. I guess I could always use more Days of Judgment. I pulled a fucking Birds of Paradise. I must own at least 20 at this point, and it was the damn Full Box Promo too. I got Clone, too. Which would be awesome if this was my first day playing Magic and I didn't have a ton of them.

I also got such awesome cards as Necrotic Plague, Destructive Force, Leyline of Anticipation, Leyline of Vitality, Triskelion, Mass Polymorph, Wild Evocation, Gladiator Cyclops, and a second Captivating Vampire. And Mitotic Slime. I think Mitotic Slime is a piece of shit, but it might see play. That and Maze are definitely going in my trade binder.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
JonSnow
PostPosted: Jul 16 2010 09:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

Redirect

To bad on that.. I love that card, probably my favorite blue card in the m11 set. I got two in a 6 sealed once, with a bunch of mana leaks cancel and negate... let's say my opponent was havin' a hell of a time.

The One Truth Will Prevail
Brawl Code: 1805-1876-7506

Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Jul 16 2010 10:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I just recently got back into magic after downloading the steam version of that Magic: Duel of the Planeswalkers game a couple of weeks ago. Since then I have spent ungodly amounts of money on cards, which is ironically why I quit playing in the first place.

Here are my pulls from the M11 boxes I got:

Box 1:
Foil Rare: Jace Beleren , Destructive Force
Mythics: Gaea’s Revenge, Garruk, Inferno Titan, Sun Titan =(, Platinum Angel.

Box 2:
Foil Rare: LeyLine of Vitality
Mythics: Jace, Primeval Titan, Liliana, Grave Titan.

Combined rares from both boxes:

Blue: Stormtide Leviathan, Mass Polymorph, Redirect x2, Conundrum Sphinx, Leyline of Anticipation, Clone, Traumatize, Merfolk Sovereign.

Black: Dark Tutelage, Leyline of the Void, Necrotic Plague, Royal Assassin x2, Phylactery Lich x2, Haunting Echo’s x2.

White: Honor of the Pure x2, Day of Judgment x2,Leyline of sanctity, Angelic Arbiter, Silence, Serra Ascendant, Knight Exemplar, Vengeful Archon.

Green: Obstinate Baloth x2, Protean Hydra x2,, Leyline of Vitality, Overwhelming Stampede, Birds of Paradise, Mitotic Slime.

Red: Ancient Hellkite x2, Cyclops Gladiator x2, Wild Evocation, Leyline of Punishment, Reverberate, Destructive Force, Hoarding Dragon, Goblin Chieftain, Magma Phoenix.

Artifact: Treskelion x 2, Brittle Effigy x 2, Temple Bell, Sword of Vengeance.

Land: Rootbound Crag x2, Glacial Fortress x2, Sunpetal Grove, Drowned Catacombs, Dragonskull Summit.

I am somewhat disappointed, I was hoping for at least one Baneslayer Angel, a time reversal or another Grave Titan.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jul 16 2010 10:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sun Titan's a solid card.

I did a release event tonight and came in second. My friend, who beat me 2-1 in the final round with a nice topdeck, opened Baneslayer and Foil Leyline of Sanctity in his final prize pack. I opened Primeval Titan in my final prize pack (out of a total of four), so I'm mostly happy. I still have yet to ever own or crack a Baneslayer though. Sad
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
JonSnow
PostPosted: Jul 16 2010 10:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't realize how cool he was.. but i've never seen the card in any of my sealed matches yet.. too bad. There is a nice (nothing compared to to Sun Titan, he can get back all your nice cards).. but there is a frost guy that taps target creature when he comes into play or attacks... it's really nice. They also don't untap during their untap set.

Wrapping up a Standard match real quick... on octgn... guy is running the same deck as me lol.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jul 16 2010 10:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Frost Titan isn't terrible, but probably still the worst of the Titans.
JonSnow
PostPosted: Jul 16 2010 10:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've only drawn him once, but he was fun to use.... when i had him out though it was just over kill. I was tapping useless creatures my opponent controlled. Got rid of his chump blocker options though.

Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Jul 16 2010 10:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Sun Titan's a solid card.

I did a release event tonight and came in second. My friend, who beat me 2-1 in the final round with a nice topdeck, opened Baneslayer and Foil Leyline of Sanctity in his final prize pack. I opened Primeval Titan in my final prize pack (out of a total of four), so I'm mostly happy. I still have yet to ever own or crack a Baneslayer though. Sad

Yeah I like those Sun Titan's But I managed to get a hold of 4 of each of the M11 Promo cards, so I was really hoping to not pull one for a mythic. I also pulled those 2 Jace's which is somewhat disappointing, but only because I have been fortunate in the last couple weeks in that I have pulled 3 for 3 Mind Sculptors out of Worldwake Boxes, and would rather use those.

I went to the pre-realese with one of my friends, one of the guys there managed to pull 2 baneslayers, one of them a foil. That may have given me false hopes in pulling at least one myself.

Edit: That Frost Titan fellow seems a bit under designed IMO:

"Whenever Frost Titan becomes the target of a spell or ability an opponent controls, counter that spell or ability unless its controller pays 2."

That is pretty Backwards, I would have been more satisfied with shroud or a slightly higher cost to counter target spell.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jul 16 2010 11:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sun Titan is ridiculous. I was using him in a Blue/White deck to recur the scrying owl and the 2/2 blue bounce guy. It was good times.

Frost Titan's problem is that his secondary ability is crap.

Grave Titan has deathtouch. Inferno Titan has firebreathing. Sun Titan has vigilance. Primeval Titan has trample. Frost Titan has... half-assed shroud. Give him regular shroud. Or unblockable. Or flying. But something, dammit!
JonSnow
PostPosted: Jul 16 2010 11:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Finished the game.. lost sadly in type II.. he didn't have time for best of 3 though. Really funny to have a mirror match by complete chance like that.

I think Sun Titan is the best of the titans by far... so many options with what he can get back.

Flying doesn't fit well with the RP (role playing) of being a titan. But I agree the second ability could be nicer.

m11 has come out with some very interesting cards.

I'm getting tired gunna go to bed, it's this darn temporary job i picked up... it's just lawn care nothing i care for... but the work is causing me to get tired and start yawning. I don't care to yawn due to lawn caring, but the cash is good 14/hour.... Thankfully I don't work on weekends soo can luckily sleep in and be free for the next couple days.

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Jul 16 2010 11:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm afraid...

The more I read from Jon Snow, the more I side with Jeebus. And, that's scares me.

When does lawn care have anything to do with this thread!?!
JonSnow
PostPosted: Jul 18 2010 01:19 am Reply with quote Back to top

I was tired, and was just sayin' I was loggin' off and why.. Nothin' profound.

Speaking of these Titans.. I saw some nice synergy with umbras and Sun Titan. I was playing a sealed, and a guy had sun titan with a 1 mana umbra, that gave first strike and +1/+1. It was really interesting...

I thought about if he had two 3 mana or less costing umbra on him. He'd basically have regen. he'd be a very annoying sob. He's already annoying. I really want to make a deck that makes use of his unique, and deadly ability.

Pandajuice
Title: The Power of Grayskull
PostPosted: Jul 18 2010 06:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yes but this is a forum, not a chat room. Nobody cares when you log off.

And if I were you, I'd be damn happy to have a job that lets me buy a bunch of pitiful little pieces of cardboard. 30+ million Americans are out of work atm and can barely buy food. Hell, if you don't want that job, I'll take it.
JonSnow
PostPosted: Jul 18 2010 12:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks... awesome you like fanta, here in the states, that wasn't around for the longest time. Still many other drinks and sweets that sell overseas but not here. Thanks for putting things in perspsective for me, and anyone who has a job, to be thankful they have something to bring money to provide for themselves.

One thing i like that you got Syd is Silence, I read that card, and i really think it's underplayed and has a lot of potential. Whether it's buying time for a combo, or just keeping field control for an extra turn. I don't really think many people like it though.

Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Jul 18 2010 01:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So Señor Snow, could you be telling us what is your favorite soda waters? Could it be the Dr. Peppers? Possibly Mello Yellowed? Are you not perhaps a Shasta man? Inquiring minds want to be knowing these things! ha HA!

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Jul 18 2010 03:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

HAH, Pandajuice indeed LOVES the Fanta. Laughing

Pandajuice
Title: The Power of Grayskull
PostPosted: Jul 18 2010 04:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Lies!
JonSnow
PostPosted: Jul 18 2010 04:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
So Señor Snow, could you be telling us what is your favorite soda waters

I generally don't tell such secrets about myself. Buuuutttt.... for you I can do a favor. My favorite soda water, I mean my favorite pop, I mean my favorite soda, I mean my favorite soft drink, I mean my favorite carbonated cornsyrup drink is, what i'm trying to say is.. I just love the Coca Cola Coke! It's better than pepsi, it's better than Moutain Dew, it's better than Dr. Jee--- Pepper. It's great stuff.

This message is Snow approved.

On topic:

I'm just going to make a deck.. that's soul purpose is to get a ton of umbras and just stack them on sun titan. Go green-white I Think Boar umbra's only 3. And also equip cards... Go to town. Ton of mana acceleration, need to get haste going too.. I want sun titan to come out, get a card from the gy, and attack the same turn and get another card from the gy... maybe there is a umbra that can grant haste. Gunna see what i can do.

The overally playability of the deck is not what interests me. just be really fun and annoyhing. Dark Depths still gunna rape me bad... i might be able to have a strong Side Board.

Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Jul 18 2010 05:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That's the dumbest idea you've had yet. Your sole goal is to put a bunch of 1-3 mana enchantments on a 6 mana creature? Why not just play Kor Spiritdancer and suck less at life?

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

Rogue Hippo
Title: Lone Wolf Hippo
PostPosted: Jul 18 2010 07:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

WTF Kor Spiritdancer?!? Is Rabid Wombat obsolete now? That was one of my favorite cards back in the day.
Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Jul 18 2010 08:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, Kor Spiritdancer's just amazing.

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

JonSnow
PostPosted: Jul 18 2010 10:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

That's the dumbest idea you've had yet. Your sole goal is to put a bunch of 1-3 mana enchantments on a 6 mana creature? Why not just play Kor Spiritdancer and suck less at life?

The idea was for fun.. and the fact the Sun Guy.. say he has like 3 umbras on him.. anytime they try to kill him or disenchant my umbras.. i'll be able to just keep getting them back every attack.. as well as other spells. He can just be very annoying, and much harder to deal with than the guy you listed. Though that guy can get big quick, maybe he'll also be in the deck, Sun titan could even pull him out. Path to exile though would ruin the fun though.. maybe an equip card can help me out with that problem, or splashing some blue. Can get back redirect and cancel and many other powerful blue spells. This was mostly a spur of the moment, and for fun deck idea... Properly built things could come together and make it an annoying deck. BEWARE THE SUN TITAN!

P.S. Chillin' in the Syd_lexia IRC chat, found in UsaSatsui's signature.

Reply to topic

Jump to: