[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
I love the Undertaker.

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jul 02 2010 04:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

He needs his own reality show. I want to see him on his days off, doing the stuff he loves to do: summoning lighting, spontaneously appearing out of nowhere, being waited on by druids, and attempting to impregnate Michelle McCool.

Sadly, the Undertaker has half as many druids as he used to because his second wife, Sara, got half of them in the divorce.

I wish there was a wrestling federation where everyone could summon lightning.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Arlock41
Title: Naunie
PostPosted: Jul 02 2010 05:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

He also needs sporadic visits from Kane.
Sehkmaenzo
PostPosted: Jul 02 2010 05:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If this was 20 years ago the Undertaker could move in next to Kane and they could get on all sort of wrestlesome shenanigans in a healthy sit-com.

Nowadays, to get the same attention from the midia, he would have to marry Rey Misterio. And the wrestlesome shenanigans would become somewhat more gay.

The times they are a-changing...
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Jul 02 2010 05:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Isn't he a biker now?

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Sehkmaenzo
PostPosted: Jul 02 2010 05:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I like to think he was always a biker. also, one of the undead.

I mean, I'm a fan since the time when he dressed like a goth witch cosplay, with the ragged halloween look and purple gloves. He had to at least be an undead biker to even that out.

Just not the ghost rider. He screwed it up somehow.
Chile Guy
Title: Token Latino Otaku
PostPosted: Jul 02 2010 06:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Umm, actually he needs to retire.

Sehkmaenzo
PostPosted: Jul 03 2010 08:13 am Reply with quote Back to top

That's what I used to think about Ric Flair. That dude needed to retire. And he did, so that's good.
Now, the Undertaker is still (last time I checked, and also we get WWE with a 2 months delay here in Brazil)
fit enough to lift a guy and then throw him somewhere else. That's kind of the spirit of wrestling, no?
Chile Guy
Title: Token Latino Otaku
PostPosted: Jul 03 2010 09:31 am Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed, but I also heard he's two steps away from imploding his knees. For the sake of his own safety, he better know when to stop or else he may as well be unable to walk in the near future.

And just so you know, Ric Flair un-retired, on TNA. That selfish prick...

Defaultuser
PostPosted: Jul 03 2010 12:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think I want the Undertaker to retire yet, ecspecially after his latest stellar match with Shawn. However, it has gotten to the point where you wonder if he is ok after every match which is kind of painful...

However: Banging McCool = WIN
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jul 03 2010 05:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Rather than retire, the Undertaker needs to slowly rely more on his supernatural powers. Rather than actually wrestle, he can just throw lightning at his opponents. Or maybe use his fatality from Midway's WWF Wrestlemania game. This is all part of my plan to slowly turn the WWE into HUSTLE.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Medisinn
Title: King Awesome
PostPosted: Jul 04 2010 06:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Wrestling is in theory a young man's sport, but old dudes have been main-eventing for quite a while now, even back in the 70s and 80s. I feel Undertaker is the best big man of all time, as he's got a unique gimmick, great mic skills, wrestles really well, and does pretty much everything: high-flying, submissions, striking, power moves, etc. I think he's good to go in sporadic bursts for another five years or so.

It really bothers me that Mysterio was rewarded for breaking Taker's face with the WHC. I also hope that it doesn't end up being revealed that Kane is the one who attacked him(if it hasn't already, haven't watched Smackdown in a week or two), since it would be another rehash of their feud that Taker would end up dominating, instead of a chance to elevate a younger, newer heel.

If nothing else, Undertaker has inspired me to roll my eyes back in my head whenever I'm in a picture, if applicable. I suppose I don't do it as much now, but I did it at a friend's wedding several years ago in a giant photo with everyone in it, which really pissed off some old lady fart or something.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
The Last Starfighter
PostPosted: Jul 05 2010 12:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

I really hope it's not Kane too, that feud has been done to death.

I always thought the Undertaker could have made for a great comic book character. I mean hell, they made an Ultimate Warrior comic, right? The Undertaker's comic would have been way better, and wouldn't have to have all of those ridiculous, made-up words.
Defaultuser
PostPosted: Jul 06 2010 09:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

To (re)quote an old ECW sign: If Kane is behind the attacks, we riot

But seriously, I don't care that much. It would just be really dumb and tired.
Doddsino
PostPosted: Jul 07 2010 12:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

Defaultuser wrote:
To (re)quote an old ECW sign: If Kane is behind the attacks, we riot.

To quote what they would've actually done:

"If Cena wins, we'll go home and bitch about it on the Internet."

Seriously, I met that guy...he was a douchebag.

And yes, Kane being behind this thing is stupid. I think this would be a CRUCIAL time to turn Mysterio heel. Fuck the merchandise...I'm sick to death of the current Mysterio.
Defaultuser
PostPosted: Jul 07 2010 10:05 am Reply with quote Back to top

I don't disagree with you at all that Mysterio needs a change, Dodds. However, I have trouble accepting Mysterio as a heel mainly because of his size. I guess he could be a cheating, sneaky type sort of like Eddie Guerrero, but it could be tough to swallow that Mysterio would have a chance when Undertaker returns.

You actually meet the guy with the sign? That's pretty funny. I am not surprised he is a douche at all...
Medisinn
PostPosted: Jul 07 2010 11:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

Heel Mysterio happened in WCW, if I recall. Didn't see it, I just know it happened. They'll never turn him heel - way too much merchandise, plus he's a hero to the kiddies. He did have some really good matches last year, but this year it seems like he's kind of running the same pace and being complacent.

Besides, if you consider what the storyline is saying, that someone beat the shit out of Undertaker so much that he's in a coma, it doesn't seem likely that Mysterio could have done it. Wrestling isn't about always being believable, but that would be a ridiculous stretch.

Man, I know it's going to be Kane. They've run through pretty much everyone in the main-event scene. Kurt Angle 2.0 is about the last guy, unless Kane actually accuses Mysterio in dramatic fashion, instead of casual fashion. I'm not sure who would be best served by it, or how they would say they did it. Ziggler took the clock back to 1990 and put him in an extended sleeper hold? McIntyre complained to McMahon about him and hit him with a shitty DDT?

I think the best thing would be a collaborative effort from most of the heels on the show, kind of like how a lot of the heels conspired to cause him to lose a casket match in the 90s. I don't remember who it was against, Yokozuna I think. Anyway, if that happened, when he came back, he could just start beating people up left and right/having matches against them, eventually culminating by taking on the SES or Swagger or someone at the top. Like Kurt Angle's storyline, only about revenge, instead of championship glory.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Doddsino
PostPosted: Jul 07 2010 04:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Heel Mysterio was in WCW and it sucked. However, WCW built it up as nothing...if WWE gave it the right push, it could happen. Will it happen? Never...he's too much of a cash cow, which sucks for normal fans who have to put up with his crap. I haven't watched SD since he became champ, but from reading the spoilers...he hasn't even been there. Fucking dumb.
i'll_bite_your_ear
Title: Distillatoria
PostPosted: Jul 09 2010 08:52 am Reply with quote Back to top

i want the undertaker as anchorman for the news.

it was the best of times
it was the blurst of times

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jul 09 2010 04:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to see Cena turn heel again, but we'll never see that either. Heel Cena was amazing.
aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Jul 09 2010 04:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

he was fantastic but irritating at the same time. i dont know, has WWE become tolerable again? it ebbs and flows. and did they get rid of RVD? i met him in tucson at a house show and he was a really awesome guy. cm punk was a dbag and sandman gave me a beer

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

Medisinn
PostPosted: Jul 10 2010 07:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

RVD left after One Night Stand 2007. He was written out by Orton punting him in the head against a steel post after RVD won their stretcher match. In reality, RVD left because he hated WWE and couldn't take more than a year of WWECW dream crushing. He is in TNA as the current TNA Champion.

Heel Cena would be a refreshing change of pace. It would also depend on how he was used. Heel Batista was almost a parody of face Batista: instead of backing down from no one, he made constant excuses and complained about everything. If the fans were popping for him hitting the Batista Bomb on someone, he wouldn't do it, just to piss them off. And while he was booked in the Main Event heavily, he only had a month title reign. If heel Cena was champion almost constantly like face Cena is, I think it would still get aggravating. Same with if he squashed everyone in his path relentlessly, because that's what current Cena does.

uncle joe
PostPosted: Jul 11 2010 07:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

c'mon son, can't say that all Cena does is squash people. HHH does that, possibly Undertaker at times but rarely. Cena match structure and formula puts allows for everyone to be put over at least in the slightest, and the true mammoth over dudes to be put even more over.

Medisinn
PostPosted: Jul 11 2010 09:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

That's true, he spends a lot of time in the match getting his ass kicked. However, once the 5 Moves of Doom start in(6 if you count the STF), it's over pretty much every time, unless it's a PPV, then it might stretch out a bit more. The last time he lost cleanly that I can remember is Hell in A Cell against Orton, which was well over half a year ago. And as for tapping out, I believe the last time that happened was against Benoit in either late 2003 or early 2004. Out of all his WWE Title reigns, only two of the times he lost the belt were legit, and one of those involved him eating 3 finishers in quick succession in an elimination chamber. Pretty much everything else involved interference or goonery of some kind, such as Batista and Edge taking the belt off of him after he won an elimination chamber. He's definitely talented, but what I see at the end of the day is what is put out by him and the writing - and that's Cena winning 19 times out of 20, and putting no one over. His feud with The Miz last year is a solid testament to this. I don't really feel like jumping through a table to lose the title helped put Sheamus over. I mean, come on, Cena has faced Big Show 5050350350 times, and I think Show has only pinned him once ever, after interference from Edge no less. Hell, the day after Show threw Cena through a light or something to cost him the World Title against Edge, he was up and walking around on RAW to cause Show to lose a match. They make him look like Superman. Cena losing a little more and looking more vulnerable would probably erase a lot of the hate sent his way.

HHH is notorious for not putting people over, but even on TV, I remember him losing to Shelton Benjamin several times. It depends on who you ask, and I'm not gonna kick that dead horse.

As for Undertaker, he squashes, but his match structure is better or worse depending on how you look at it. He has a small sequence of moves he goes through, and if he doesn't win that way, he randomly clamps on the Gogoplata/Hell's Gate, which gets him a win most of the time. It comes out of nowhere, often after he gets hit with a strong move or finisher, which makes it less believable, but the fact that it's a chokehold makes it look better than him randomly slamming someone and pinning them. He's had to put over some shitty wrestlers in his time - the Great Khali feud sticks out in particular. The nature of his character somewhat lends itself to being a badass, being supernatural and a larger wrestler, so it would make sense that he would lose less than HHH or Cena, but he loses more. JBL, Orton, Lesnar, HHH, Batista, he's put over a few people in title situations. I was very surprised that he made CM Punk's title reign last year look weak by taking the World Title after two months, but I thought I heard something about Punk doing something to offend Taker or WWE Management or something, so that would sense if that's true.

JRA
PostPosted: Jul 14 2010 09:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
I wish there was a wrestling federation where everyone could summon lightning.

But if everyone could do that, then summoning lightning wouldn't be special anymore.

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

i'll_bite_your_ear
Title: Distillatoria
PostPosted: Jul 19 2010 09:57 am Reply with quote Back to top

the only thing i ever wanted in my life, is to get down and make sweet love to the undertaker.

it was the best of times
it was the blurst of times

Reply to topic

Jump to: