[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
TNA's Don West selling Beanie Babies!

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jun 25 2010 06:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

So apparently TNA's Don West worked for the Shop At Home network for many years before becoming becoming part of TNA's announce team. Watch him sell Beanie Babies!

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Doddsino
PostPosted: Jun 26 2010 01:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

He's right. There will be a price change, these will all be in bargain bins less than 10 years later.

I'm amazed anyone falls for this shit.
SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Jun 26 2010 02:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

You know what really cracks me up are those people who paid like 10k for those stupid camel ones, or the different colored/misprinted tag ones....god what a laugh riot Laughing

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

eddieh4444
Title: Doctor of Science
PostPosted: Jun 29 2010 08:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

SoldierHawk wrote:
You know what really cracks me up are those people who paid like 10k for those stupid camel ones, or the different colored/misprinted tag ones....god what a laugh riot Laughing

When my Royal Blue Peanut is worth 6-7 figures, I'll be the one laughing.

Laughing all the way to the bank.
IceWarm
PostPosted: Jul 24 2010 10:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I used to work at a toy store that sold these and the people that bought them were just rabid.

Also the company that makes them are huge assholes. They send in secret shoppers to check what stores sell their products at and they will put you on a low priority shipping list if you charge too little or too much for them.

For example we had a huge sale on the ones that nobody wanted and they said it was not in their price range.

They make some of them really rare and/or retire some after a short time period and then say you can't sell the rare ones at a higher markup. I don't know if they still do this but it was a fairly common practice when I worked at this one store from 1998-2001.

"Anybody who ever built an empire, or changed the world, sat where you are now. And it’s because they sat there that they were able to do it."

"Fighting in a basement offers a lot of difficulties, number one being, you're fighting in a basement."

"You're Not So Tough Without Your Veggie!"

Reply to topic

Jump to: